Windows 10: Device Not Migrated

Discus and support Device Not Migrated in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a dell Inspiron 3265 which I am using dual monitors. This has been working ever since I hooked them up. My all-in-one has an hdmi port on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BradMcDuff, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Device Not Migrated

I have a dell Inspiron 3265 which I am using dual monitors. This has been working ever since I hooked them up. My all-in-one has an hdmi port on the back and I am running an hdmi to dvi cable to the acer monitor for this setup. Again, this has been working since I originally hooked it up. On November the 29th I got an automatic update from windows update and since then my second monitor has not been working. I have tried to go back to a restore point before the update and my second monitor is still not working. When I go to the device manager my second monitor has "device not migrated" in the event log. I have update the drivers for the monitor and the adapter. Also I have updated all the chipset drivers and bios for my Inspiron 3265. I have tried all the tips and tricks that I know and nothing is working. I need help!!!

Thanks,
    Brad

:)

BradMcDuff, Dec 4, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Device could not be migrated....

Hi Henrik,

For us to isolate the issue and better assist you regarding your concern, we would like to ask some additional information:

• Does it happen every time you use video call on Skype?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried updating any drivers?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by AntonyJose on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Dec 4, 2018
  3. device not migrating?

Hi Catrina,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

I would suggest you to try these following methods and check, if the issue still persists.

Method 1:

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Try to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, the steps are mentioned below:

1. Type ‘Troubleshooting’ in the search bar and press Enter.

2. Click on ‘View all’ on the left panel of the ‘Troubleshooting’ window.

3. Click on ‘Hardware and Devices' and follow on the screen instruction.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 2.

Method 2:

Check, if there is any error listed or the status of the device in Device Manager:

a. Press Windows key + X and select
    Device Manager.

b. Expand “Universal Serial Bus controllers” and right-click on the drive.

c. Select Properties and check, if the device is working properly under
    Device Status.

If the device isn’t working properly, there will be an error listed with a yellow exclamation mark. Please get back to us with the error.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 3.

Method 3:

Step 1:

Uninstall and reinstall the Universal Serial Bus controllers driver and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the Universal Serial Bus controllers driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand “Universal Serial Bus controllers” in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the “Universal Serial Bus controllers” and click on “uninstall".

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

If the issue still persists, follow the step 2.

Step 2:

Install the latest Universal Serial Bus controllers driver in Compatibility mode:

I suggest you to download the Latest Universal Serial Bus controllers driver from manufacture's website and install it in compatibility mode.

1. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility Tab.

3. Place a check mark next to Run this program in

Compatibility Mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

4. Let the driver to install and then, check the functionality.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Device Not Migrated

Bluetooth device migration.

Hi FredOlson1,

Sounds like a Bluetooth driver conflict to me. Did you make any changes on your laptop prior to the issue? What is the build and version of your Windows 10? In the meantime, kindly follow the steps below:

Step 1: Lets remove the Megacra sound bar from your Bluetooth device list.

1. Select Start > Settings > Devices >
      Bluetooth & other devices.
    2. Select the paired Bluetooth device that you want to remove > Remove device >
      Yes.

Restart your laptop.

Step 2: Download and install the latest Bluetooth driver directly from Dell support website.

Step 3: Pair again your Bluetooth device to your laptop. Kindly check for the device manual for the instructions.

You may also want to check this article for the list of troubleshooting steps to fix Bluetooth connection issues.

Kindly update us with the results.

Gemzon Mar, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Device Not Migrated

1. Device Not Migrated - Similar Threads - Device Migrated

2. Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?: I'm looking to manually change what my laptop treats the device plugged into the audio jack as. I want to do the same thing that is described in the link below, but the setting has migrated somewhere in Windows 11 and I can't find...
  3. Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?: I'm looking to manually change what my laptop treats the device plugged into the audio jack as. I want to do the same thing that is described in the link below, but the setting has migrated somewhere in Windows 11 and I can't find...
  4. Problem with USB ports "Device not migrated" since last Windows Update 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with USB ports "Device not migrated" since last Windows Update 23H2: I'm writing this out of desperation after hours of trying to solve the problem.Since the 23H2 update, my USB ports no longer work properly. The problem is basically a power problem, because it recognizes the devices but is unable to make them work properly.When I look at the...
  5. Problem with USB ports "Device not migrated" since last Windows Update 23H2

Problem with USB ports "Device not migrated" since last Windows Update 23H2: I'm writing this out of desperation after hours of trying to solve the problem.Since the 23H2 update, my USB ports no longer work properly. The problem is basically a power problem, because it recognizes the devices but is unable to make them work properly.When I look at the...
  6. DEVICE DISK DRIVE IS NOT MIGRATING AFTER UPDATED WINDOWS.

DEVICE DISK DRIVE IS NOT MIGRATING AFTER UPDATED WINDOWS.: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 10-02-2024 12:29:39 Event ID: 442 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: WIN-JLA9VFUHSHA Description: Device settings for...
  7. DEVICE DISK DRIVE IS NOT MIGRATING AFTER UPDATED WINDOWS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DEVICE DISK DRIVE IS NOT MIGRATING AFTER UPDATED WINDOWS.: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 10-02-2024 12:29:39 Event ID: 442 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: WIN-JLA9VFUHSHA Description: Device settings for...
  8. Device settings .... were not migrated from previous OS installation due to partial or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device settings .... were not migrated from previous OS installation due to partial or...: Hello,I have this porblem for a while. When I boot my PC first time, it mostly won´t boot my M2 SSD SATA drive When I restart the PC, the drive is usually working normaly then. When I checked it´s status when it wasnt working it was saying this: Event 442, Kernel-PnPDevice...
  9. Device settings .... were not migrated from previous OS installation due to partial or...

Device settings .... were not migrated from previous OS installation due to partial or...: Hello,I have this porblem for a while. When I boot my PC first time, it mostly won´t boot my M2 SSD SATA drive When I restart the PC, the drive is usually working normaly then. When I checked it´s status when it wasnt working it was saying this: Event 442, Kernel-PnPDevice...
  10. USB port not working Code 43, Device Descriptor Failed, Device not migrated from previous...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB port not working Code 43, Device Descriptor Failed, Device not migrated from previous...: Hello, My problem is that all of my USB ports are not working I've also tried different USB devices and ports it doesn't work. The error is code 43, Device Descriptor failed . The error started after I was formatting my laptop my USB mouse is not working and in the event...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdmi device not migrated