Windows 10: Device not quite ready for Windows 2004. Why?

Discus and support Device not quite ready for Windows 2004. Why? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm getting the "We're offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn't quite for it" message. I appreciate, that Microsoft doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KrakenOfLakeZurich, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Device not quite ready for Windows 2004. Why?

I'm getting the "We're offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn't quite for it" message. I appreciate, that Microsoft doesn't force this update, when it would cause issues.

But what specifically is blocking the update? The "Learn more" page was less than helpful. The only issue that I could relate to my computer was NVIDIA drivers. But it looks, I already have NVIDIA drivers newer than those identified to cause issues.

So, where do I get information about what specifically is blocking the update? Any logs I can check?

Specs

• Dell XPS 15 9560
      • Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz
      • 32 GiB RAM
      • Samsung SSD 960 EVO 1TB
      • Intel Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz)
    • Windows 10 Home 1909
    submitted by /u/KrakenOfLakeZurich
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KrakenOfLakeZurich, Jun 14, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

Not ready for 2004 update message

I'm showing a message that my system is not ready for the 2004 update (has to be software as I dual boot with the Insider versions and have the current version). It shows a click to link to "Learn More". I clicked on the link and there's a lot of info listed but nothing to say what my specific system problem is. The "learn more" is useless. Since it detected an issue it should list what the issue is.

Device not quite ready for Windows 2004. Why? [​IMG]

fireberd, Jun 14, 2020
  3. borgus Win User
    2004 build

In Windows 10 Pro 2004 seems to be not quite ready for prime time...

Cortana insists upon logging into a MS account, is missing any info in the ALL SETTINGS area and refuses to close, instead running continuously as a background task. Reinstalling changes nothing and the Start Menu troubleshooter (now deprecated) lists search errors

DISM can't find its file and SFC reports an error, where non existed in the 1909 build.

Realtek HD audio is missing the CPL applet, despite install of new drivers. And audio has been 'iffy' - vanishing at times.

Confirmation? Suggestions? Thanks.

borgus, Jun 14, 2020
  4. hellrazor Win User

Device not quite ready for Windows 2004. Why?

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Device not quite ready for Windows 2004. Why?

1. Device not quite ready for Windows 2004. Why? - Similar Threads - Device quite ready

2. "Device isn't quite ready" for 1903 update in 2021?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Device isn't quite ready" for 1903 update in 2021?!: My work PC is still running version 1803 and I finally wanted to update it to 20H2 but it's not working:I checked for updates and first it installed a regular one for 1803 KB4589206 and then the Adobe Flash one KB4577586. Afterwards it found 1903 but when it tried to install...
  3. An update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    An update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready: I left the pc after it needed to reboot after it installed I think this first update KB5000802, when I cam back all these were updated: KB4601554, SERVICING STACK 10.0.19041.860, KB4589212, UPDATE FOR REMOVAL OF ADOBE FLASH PLAYER Since then I have this message :"An...
  4. An update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    An update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready: I left the pc after it needed to reboot after it installed I think this first update KB5000802, when I cam back all these were updated: KB4601554, SERVICING STACK 10.0.19041.860, KB4589212, UPDATE FOR REMOVAL OF ADOBE FLASH PLAYER Since then I have this message :"An...
  5. windows update - why version 2004 not ready for my device?

windows update - why version 2004 not ready for my device?: when I run windows update I get message "windows 10 May 2020 update is on its way ..." The message always says it it not yet ready for my device. How do I find out what the holdup is? Windows update says this laptop is up to date. Windows system information: system...
  6. Your Device Is not Ready Vs 2004

Your Device Is not Ready Vs 2004: I have 2 desktop computers. Speccy reports on each one attached. The Old computer, computer A is about 10 years old. The new computer, Computer B is about 6 months old. I made an image of Computer A when it was on Windows 10 1903. I restored this image to Computer B, I then...
  7. Windows 10 version 2004 "Your Device is not ready"

Windows 10 version 2004 "Your Device is not ready": Any idea why this is? l am literally running a very modern £1600 PC with very modern hardware approx 6 months old. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-2004-your-device-is-not-ready/f05c73bb-e18b-425c-ad07-5cdfcb72c72b
  8. May 2004 Update, Device not ready ?

May 2004 Update, Device not ready ?: I recently received a message saying "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. We’re offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn’t quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you’ll see the update available on this page. There’s nothing you need to...
  9. Your device isn’t quite ready for it. 2020 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your device isn’t quite ready for it. 2020 Update: Hi. Just gone to the update screen and got the message that my machine isn't ready for the new update. I'm a stickler for keeping things up to date, drivers etc. and making sure nothing is running that doesn't need to be. It's a modern PC so that's not the issue. Is this more...
  10. Windows 10 1903 Update your device isn't quite ready

Windows 10 1903 Update your device isn't quite ready: I'm trying to update to 1903 but I get the message your device isn't quite ready. I'm not sure why I'm getting this message since the PC is up to date with all the Windows updates. Is there something else that I need to do to get the PC ready for 1903? Thank, Paul...