Windows 10: Device Not recognized

Discus and support Device Not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Blue Yeti Microphone. Today I replaced the cord with a brand new one from amazon, I get an error saying that "The USB device you connected has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sawyer999, Sep 16, 2020.

1. sawyer999 Win User

Device Not recognized

I have a Blue Yeti Microphone. Today I replaced the cord with a brand new one from amazon, I get an error saying that "The USB device you connected has malfunctioned, and Windows doesn't recognize it." What can I do? I've tried a lot of the fixes online and nothing worked? Could it be a problem with the cord? There's no damage I can see to it I'm not sure what the problem could be.

:)

sawyer999, Sep 16, 2020

2. USB device not recognized spam

Hi Kyle,

You may receive this error if one of your USB connected devices is not properly recognized by the system. Let's try the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Krishna Prasobh V on this
    thread

In addition, we suggest that you turn off the notifications from the USB by following these steps:

• Open Settings by typing "settings" in Cortana's search box.
    • Click on Devices.
    • Locate USB and toggle the switch to Off.
    Keep us updated with the status of your concern and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Katrina Men, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Some USB Devices not recognized in Windows 10

Hi have Windows 10 Pro insider preview 10532 64bit Pro Intel i7 desktop PC.

I have multiple USB devices connected, USB 3 & 2. The USB HDD is working however my Samsung phone and kindle are no longer being recognized. The steps followed so far:

• Uninstalled all USB devices in device manager including controllers
    • Flashed BIOS to latest version
    • Updated USB drivers for the devices from manufacturers sites
    • Tried new USB cables

Please note: both devices are recognized by my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.

I really don't want to fresh install, please suggest any diagnostics I can try.

Thanks

TonyHallett, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Device Not recognized

USB sound/midi device not recognized

I have a Technics PR804 keyboard attached to my Windows 10 laptop through USB. I've installed the drivers that came with my keyboard by entering compatibility mode to Windows ME, but the device manager won't recognize the hardware when it's turned on and
    plugged into my laptop. I've seen instructions online indicating that device manager should identify the keyboard as a sound device, and that I should be able to choose folder location for correct driver, but can't complete this step as device manager does
    not list the keyboard as an available device.

Any suggestions?

Music ManRX, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Device Not recognized

1. Device Not recognized - Similar Threads - Device recognized

2. Windows 10 Won't Recognize Bluetooth Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Won't Recognize Bluetooth Device: I have been using an Mpow Flame headset/microphone bluetooth device with my computer for a few months now, but 2 weeks ago, my TechKey USB Dongle just stopped responding. It would connect when I first opened up my computer, but wouldn't work with Zoom or play any audio from...
  3. KVM switch stopped working on desktop after Windows update. Device not recognized anymore

KVM switch stopped working on desktop after Windows update. Device not recognized anymore: I have a KVM switch Ugreen 2 In 1 Out KVM HDMI Switch Box which suddenly stopped working after updating Windows 10 Pro current OS Build 19041.508. The USB device is not recognized anymore, device manager throws 'Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed' The...
  4. USB DEVICE CANNOT BE RECOGNIZED!

USB DEVICE CANNOT BE RECOGNIZED!: Why can't my laptop recognize my phone all of the sudden? How can I fix this? I need to transfer files![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-device-cannot-be-recognized/a73820d9-085e-40b2-b8f4-467b6afab303
  5. Audio device not recognized after windows account corruption.

Audio device not recognized after windows account corruption.: I recently had a my windows account corrupt after a failed update install. After recovering all my files and making a new account on my PC I found that my audio devices are not being recognized in both my front and rear 3.5mm audio jacks. I know its not a hardware issue as my...
  6. USB device not recognized

USB device not recognized: I had this problem for a long time now where a message showing up that the USB device is not recognized. I searched for all kinds of advice on the internet and nothing yet was working. - Uninstalled and installed all USB devices - Updated the drivers by reinstalling mobo...
  7. sound device no longer recognized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sound device no longer recognized: https://imgur.com/sj5r28H It was working fine? All of a sudden decided to show up in the other devices list. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, uninstalling the device and restarting, different usb ports. Windows is up to date, drivers are up to date. submitted by...
  8. USB device not recognized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB device not recognized: I built a pc not that long ago, maybe 2 weeks, and it’s been running fine and everything. Today I got home from work and turned it on to play for a bit and relax after a long day. I started getting bombarded with notifications about a USB device not being recognized. The...
  9. Bluetooth headphones connect but aren't recognized as an audio device

Bluetooth headphones connect but aren't recognized as an audio device: I have an ASUS bt400 connector for my PC the model is listed everywhere I checked as simply Gxxx from the manufacturer MEI, and originally had absolutely no troubles in connecting my headphones this exact pair of MPOW headphones to the computer and using them. Mind you, I...
  10. USB Webcam is only recognized as a USB Mass Storage Device

USB Webcam is only recognized as a USB Mass Storage Device: bought an HD Webcam for Vlogging. It has a special webcam feature that was working fine along with another USB webcam. Once I added a usb hub, the computer started recognizing the device as a mass storage device. I believe the webcam display also changed so that it...