Windows 10: Device Not recognized

Discus and support Device Not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Blue Yeti Microphone. Today I replaced the cord with a brand new one from amazon, I get an error saying that "The USB device you connected has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sawyer999, Sep 16, 2020.

1. sawyer999 Win User

Device Not recognized

I have a Blue Yeti Microphone. Today I replaced the cord with a brand new one from amazon, I get an error saying that "The USB device you connected has malfunctioned, and Windows doesn't recognize it." What can I do? I've tried a lot of the fixes online and nothing worked? Could it be a problem with the cord? There's no damage I can see to it I'm not sure what the problem could be.

:)

sawyer999, Sep 16, 2020

2. USB device not recognized spam

Hi Kyle,

You may receive this error if one of your USB connected devices is not properly recognized by the system. Let's try the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Krishna Prasobh V on this
    thread

In addition, we suggest that you turn off the notifications from the USB by following these steps:

• Open Settings by typing "settings" in Cortana's search box.
    • Click on Devices.
    • Locate USB and toggle the switch to Off.
    Keep us updated with the status of your concern and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Katrina Men, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Some USB Devices not recognized in Windows 10

Hi have Windows 10 Pro insider preview 10532 64bit Pro Intel i7 desktop PC.

I have multiple USB devices connected, USB 3 & 2. The USB HDD is working however my Samsung phone and kindle are no longer being recognized. The steps followed so far:

• Uninstalled all USB devices in device manager including controllers
    • Flashed BIOS to latest version
    • Updated USB drivers for the devices from manufacturers sites
    • Tried new USB cables

Please note: both devices are recognized by my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.

I really don't want to fresh install, please suggest any diagnostics I can try.

Thanks

TonyHallett, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Device Not recognized

USB sound/midi device not recognized

I have a Technics PR804 keyboard attached to my Windows 10 laptop through USB. I've installed the drivers that came with my keyboard by entering compatibility mode to Windows ME, but the device manager won't recognize the hardware when it's turned on and
    plugged into my laptop. I've seen instructions online indicating that device manager should identify the keyboard as a sound device, and that I should be able to choose folder location for correct driver, but can't complete this step as device manager does
    not list the keyboard as an available device.

Any suggestions?

Music ManRX, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Device Not recognized

1. Device Not recognized - Similar Threads - Device recognized

2. Connecting a device via MicroUSB being recognized as unknown device in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting a device via MicroUSB being recognized as unknown device in Device Manager: I am having issues with connecting an external device via MicroUSB to my computer. I tried reinstalling the USB drivers, that fixed one problem, but raised another issue. The device was being recognized as a unknown device in Device Manager somehow. All I am trying to do is...
  3. Connecting a device via MicroUSB being recognized as unknown device in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting a device via MicroUSB being recognized as unknown device in Device Manager: I am having issues with connecting an external device via MicroUSB to my computer. I tried reinstalling the USB drivers, that fixed one problem, but raised another issue. The device was being recognized as a unknown device in Device Manager somehow. All I am trying to do is...
  4. I just purchased a SMART PLUG from AMAZON but am unable to get it to recognize the device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just purchased a SMART PLUG from AMAZON but am unable to get it to recognize the device.: I have an ECHO DOT. I have AMAZON ALEXA on my windows 10 PC. I just purchased a SMART PLUG from AMAZON but am unable to get it to recognize the device. It says on the device it works with Alexa. Any ideas ?...
  5. I just purchased a SMART PLUG from AMAZON but am unable to get it to recognize the device.

I just purchased a SMART PLUG from AMAZON but am unable to get it to recognize the device.: I have an ECHO DOT. I have AMAZON ALEXA on my windows 10 PC. I just purchased a SMART PLUG from AMAZON but am unable to get it to recognize the device. It says on the device it works with Alexa. Any ideas ?...
  6. I just purchased a SMART PLUG from AMAZON but am unable to get it to recognize the device.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. USB Ports Not Recognizing Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Ports Not Recognizing Device: This machine has 4 USB ports, but none of them are recognizing any devices being plugged into the machine. Not sure what other information may be necessary, but I am here in front of the machine ready to answer any questions that I can. Thank you....
  8. USB Ports Not Recognizing Device

USB Ports Not Recognizing Device: This machine has 4 USB ports, but none of them are recognizing any devices being plugged into the machine. Not sure what other information may be necessary, but I am here in front of the machine ready to answer any questions that I can. Thank you....
  9. where can I download drivers for the mthstech Blu-ray device. My win 10 recognizes the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where can I download drivers for the mthstech Blu-ray device. My win 10 recognizes the...: I need to download drivers for the MTHSTECH Blu-ray player. My win 10 computer recognizes the player in this pc but will not recognize any disk Blu-ray or dvd. Please advise!...
  10. where can I download drivers for the mthstech Blu-ray device. My win 10 recognizes the...

where can I download drivers for the mthstech Blu-ray device. My win 10 recognizes the...: I need to download drivers for the MTHSTECH Blu-ray player. My win 10 computer recognizes the player in this pc but will not recognize any disk Blu-ray or dvd. Please advise!...