Windows 10: Device recognized and then unrecognized immediately

Discus and support Device recognized and then unrecognized immediately in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, So I recently bought the Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming Box. I got it in the mail today but I’m having trouble getting windows to detect the device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TylerMcAnally, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Device recognized and then unrecognized immediately

Hi,

So I recently bought the Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming Box. I got it in the mail today but I’m having trouble getting windows to detect the device through thunderbolt 3. I plug it in, it makes the tone that indicated a device was connected then immediately makes the tone that a device was disconnected. When i try to reconnect it again, it wont detect it at all. I have to reboot to try again but keep getting the same connect/disconnect issue. Im not sure how to move forward.

Feel free to ask me questions to get a better idea of what im using. Just wanna get a discussion started.

Thanks!

:)

TylerMcAnally, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Tely136 Win User

Unrecognized USB device (device descriptor request failed)

Are you still around?

Sorry if none of that helped. I have tried pretty much everything else that has been suggested by others such as:

Uninstalling the unrecognized device and restarting

Uninstalling the USB drivers and restarting.

Trying every USB port on my computer.

Updating the drivers for every device

listed under universal serial his controllers in the device manager.

Please reply, I know there's got to be a way to fix this.

Tely136, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 not recognizing Kobo Aura H2O is plugged in

Hi Andrea,

To help you with your concern with an unrecognized device, we suggest that you do the following steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Cortana search box, then select it from the list.
    • Click on View All on the top left corner.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and follow the instructions for troubleshooting.

If the issue persists, try updating your Universal Serial Bus controllers
    under Device Manager. You can refer to this
    article
    for steps in updating your drivers.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Device recognized and then unrecognized immediately

USB device not recognized spam

Hi Kyle,

You may receive this error if one of your USB connected devices is not properly recognized by the system. Let's try the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Krishna Prasobh V on this
    thread

In addition, we suggest that you turn off the notifications from the USB by following these steps:

• Open Settings by typing "settings" in Cortana's search box.
    • Click on Devices.
    • Locate USB and toggle the switch to Off.
    Keep us updated with the status of your concern and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Katrina Men, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Device recognized and then unrecognized immediately

1. Device recognized and then unrecognized immediately - Similar Threads - Device recognized unrecognized

2. unrecognized charge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unrecognized charge: I have a charge on my card that I dont recognize. 279.74 on 2/26/2023 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unrecognized-charge/226dd5a3-4415-4bbc-b901-b27818620dd7
  3. Unrecognized Device - HP Z31x

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unrecognized Device - HP Z31x: [ATTACH] Hello all, I have a HP Z31x monitor that suddenly shows up as an unrecognized device. This is a fresh Windows Install and I did install the official drivers from HP for this monitor. I have two other Windows 10 PCs which do not show this "Other" device....
  4. USB Devices Unrecognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Devices Unrecognized: I have 2 USB devices a WIFI and a Bluetooth Dongle that since the latest patch {KB4586781} will not work. They both were working prior to this. I have tried on multiple port across two different Windows 10 systems with no change. I have also purchased a second Bluetooth...
  5. Device Not recognized

Device Not recognized: I have a Blue Yeti Microphone. Today I replaced the cord with a brand new one from amazon, I get an error saying that "The USB device you connected has malfunctioned, and Windows doesn't recognize it." What can I do? I've tried a lot of the fixes online and nothing worked?...
  6. Device not recognized

Device not recognized: My Nextbook Flexx 10.1 tablet PC with Windows 10 won't recognize my Sandisk flashdrive..I tried 'Update driver' and 'Uninstall device' in Device Manager and restarting the computer, but it still says, 'Device not recognized' when the computer is restarted..What to do?...
  7. Unrecognized Device since Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unrecognized Device since Windows 10 update: Since this latest Windows 10 update, a lot of my usual websites are repeatedly having me log in as if it's my very first time and once in, telling me it's an unrecognized device. This has been going on consistently since the upgrade. Is this a known issue. Some sites are...
  8. Unrecognized folder

Unrecognized folder: Good day. during the process of selecting a folder to save a word file, I came across a folder that I have never seen before. Can you tell me what it is please? I pasted it below. I also left the data string out just in case it is suppose to be private. Thanks....
  9. Unrecognized system / device in Network

Unrecognized system / device in Network: hi, When I open file explorer, I notices an computer icon in the network section - Not sure I am connected to any device and need to find out what this as well as how to delete it? Came across while I was searching the forum because every-time my system starts the "Virtual...
  10. Unrecognized devices

Unrecognized devices: Can someone help me out w/this? Under Devices: I know what each of these are. Under Multimedia Devices: I do NOT know what the BDP-S3700 devices are. Under Printers: I know what each of these are. 1. How do I find out what the BDP-S3700 devices are & if I really need...