Windows 10: Device refuses to install driver

Discus and support Device refuses to install driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I encountered a problem with my built in speaker on my HP laptop. I began investigating with sources and all and i noticed that while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Laudablewolf421, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Device refuses to install driver

Recently I encountered a problem with my built in speaker on my HP laptop. I began investigating with sources and all and i noticed that while troubleshooting is installing a driver to the device(In this case a Audio Device) the events tab on its properties has shown the device refusing the installation and returning with null. My questions to this is, how do I make the device accept a audio driver? And if it is possible, Where could i get a new and compatible driver if needed?

:)

Laudablewolf421, Oct 11, 2018
  2. CJCerny Win User

Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Oct 11, 2018
  3. mikek75 Win User
    Modem on HD Audio device not installed....

I just bought a Toshiba Equiem P200D 139 lappy which came with Vista. Having spent a couple of days with it its obvious that Vista is a bit too much for it (or maybe it was the pre-installed bloat...), so I've installed XP Pro on it. So far so good, its much more responsive now, and I've found most of the drivers for it (a bit of a chore since Toshiba don't list any XP drivers!!).

Device Manager only shows one remaining triangle, beside Modem on HD Audio device, and I just can't find a driver for it! Tried right clicking and update driver, which worked for a few devices, but this one obstinately refuses to work. Any ideas?*Bang Head :banghead:

mikek75, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Device refuses to install driver

"An error occurred during the installation of the device: The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry." while trying to install USB drivers on Windows 10

Hi Iasha,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue. We appreciate your interest in resolving the issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any yellow exclamatory mark for the drivers on Device Manager?

Let us try the troubleshooting steps below if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Step 1: As a workaround, I suggest you to do the following to detect the issue:

• Connect the hard drive to different port and check if the issue persists.
    • Connect different hard drive to the same port and check.
    • Connect different hard drives to different ports and check.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 3: I suggest you to contact the device manufacturer's website, download the latest chipset drivers, install them manually and check if it helps.

Installing the latest chipset drivers will help you to install the drivers for USB ports.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install drivers:
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the USB device on your computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Device refuses to install driver

1. Device refuses to install driver - Similar Threads - Device refuses install

2. Drivers Refuse to get installed -- Windows 10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers Refuse to get installed -- Windows 10/11: Hello,I've installed windows 11 on my recently built pc. Everything installed properly up till windows booted. Sequence of events for clearer description:-I got a black screen and I figured out it was a drivers problem. No worries i'll use an external gpu initially i was on...
  3. Drivers Refuse to get installed -- Windows 10/11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers Refuse to get installed -- Windows 10/11: Hello,I've installed windows 11 on my recently built pc. Everything installed properly up till windows booted. Sequence of events for clearer description:-I got a black screen and I figured out it was a drivers problem. No worries i'll use an external gpu initially i was on...
  4. System Device. No drivers are installed for this device

System Device. No drivers are installed for this device: I have a Lenovo V330 and for the past several months I am having problems at starup before Windows StartI have searched a number of sites and installed some utilities to diagnose hardware drivers. At this tine I am focusing on the System Device: Mobile IntelR Processor Family...
  5. System Device. No drivers are installed for this device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Device. No drivers are installed for this device: I have a Lenovo V330 and for the past several months I am having problems at starup before Windows StartI have searched a number of sites and installed some utilities to diagnose hardware drivers. At this tine I am focusing on the System Device: Mobile IntelR Processor Family...
  6. Installation of device drivers

Installation of device drivers: Hello everyone, Actually, I need to install the bluetooth adapter device driver for my 7th generation laptop. Please assist me further.Lenovo Intel I3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-of-device-drivers/a7188ad1-172b-4641-922e-8af93544f7ea
  7. Other Devices - Drivers for this device are not installed

Other Devices - Drivers for this device are not installed: When I access Device Manager>Other devices there is a coprocessor listed with a yellow triangle . When I open the the properties for this coprocessor, the following message is present "The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28. There are no compatible drivers...
  8. Installing Device Driver

Installing Device Driver: Trying to install a Ben Q Monitor Driver. The instructions state: On your computer, have your driver files extracted into a empty folder. Inside of the Operating System of the Windows 10 System , would a person just use the available point and click tools available in...
  9. MS Flight Sim refuses to install on my Device

MS Flight Sim refuses to install on my Device: MS Flight tells me that I own the game in the MS Store desktop app; *I bought the Premium Deluxe, .....................but ....................................Microsoft REFUSES to install it because it appears my Device is not listed or something where it is listed as my...
  10. Realtek Audio Drivers Refuse to Install

Realtek Audio Drivers Refuse to Install: My PC has been missing audio drivers for a while, but I didn't care because I just used an Audiobox USB. Headphones work fine but when I try to connect a microphone to my Audiobox it will not read. Clearly because of the lack of audio drivers. There is no Realtek audio...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Laudablewolf421

2. windows refusing device

3. laptop refuses to install driver

4. modem refuse to install driver on my pc,
  5. device manager refuses to use driver