Windows 10: Device returned to S mode after removal

Discus and support Device returned to S mode after removal in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi All, Recently did some work for a client including setting up a new device. It shipped with Windows 10 S and he wanted it changed to home. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mwiltshire776, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Device returned to S mode after removal

Hi All,

Recently did some work for a client including setting up a new device. It shipped with Windows 10 S and he wanted it changed to home. I followed the usual by logging into the Windows Store and making the switch, which went through without issue. I confirmed the switch after a reboot and I was able to install and run multiple 3rd party apps (Chrome, VLC, Adobe Acrobat etc).

Couple days later I received a call from him saying he couldn't open chrome. I dropped by and saw that the device had returned to S mode and would no longer allow 3rd party apps to install or run. I have tried to run through the switch back to Home, however it hangs and ultimately gets no where.

Has anyone run into an issue like this before? Would appreciate any help I could get.

Things I've tried:

• Updating fully to latest version
    • Rebooted into safe mode (with networking)
    • Various internet connections
    • Various store logins
    • Resetting store
    • Updating store
    submitted by /u/mwiltshire776
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mwiltshire776, Nov 6, 2019

2. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Device returned to S mode after removal

Bluetooth is paired but not connecting to any device

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We understand your concern, but in order to help you better I would like you to answer the questions stated below;

• Do you get any error message when connecting the device?
    • Are the drivers updated?
    Step 1:

I would like to suggest that you log into Safe Mode with networking and check if the issue persist, if not try the steps below.

• Open Run Command (Windows button +R)
    • A dialog box will open type “msconfig”
    • Locate and select the Boot tab and select Safe with Minimal as option.
    • Restart Computer
    • Follow the same procedure and uncheck the safe box in Boot tab to return to normal desktop mode.

Step2:

I suggest that you update your Bluetooth and Touchpad drivers. Follow the steps below to perform an update.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Device Manager” on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand “Bluetooth”.
    • Find and double-click on Bluetoothfrom the left panel to uninstall.
    • Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK
      to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
    • After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 driver for your computer and check.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Device returned to S mode after removal

1. Device returned to S mode after removal - Similar Threads - Device returned mode

2. REMOVE S MODE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    REMOVE S MODE: REMOVE S MODE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-s-mode/6f31a6b8-335c-4124-8a5a-0d4d7124bcfd
  3. REMOVE S MODE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REMOVE S MODE: REMOVE S MODE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-s-mode/6f31a6b8-335c-4124-8a5a-0d4d7124bcfd
  4. REMOVE S MODE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. S mode removal

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    S mode removal: None of the hints, helps that are offered work. That's why I need to talk to a tech. This is absolutely ridiculous!!!! Paid for Turbo Tax, would not let me open it because it was not part of "microsoft Store". So I deleted the S mode and worked on my taxes for a couple...
  6. S mode removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    S mode removal: I removed S mode over a week ago to download turbo tax. Went in and out of turbo tax with no problem. Now after a week I decided to go back into turbo tax and Microsoft states I need to remove S mode, even though I removed it over a week ago. I once again hit the "get it"...
  7. S mode removal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    S mode removal: I removed S mode over a week ago to download turbo tax. Went in and out of turbo tax with no problem. Now after a week I decided to go back into turbo tax and Microsoft states I need to remove S mode, even though I removed it over a week ago. I once again hit the "get it"...
  8. Remove S Mode

Remove S Mode: I have just taken delivery of a new Surface Pro, not knowing that it would come installed with Windows 10 S mode - which I categorically don't want. Windows is running version 1903 I have tried to follow instructions online to remove S mode but cannot access the remove s...
  9. S-Mode returned after Windows10 Update

S-Mode returned after Windows10 Update: Purchased a PC with Windows 10 version 1909 in S-Mode. Successfully switched out of S-Mode without any issues and installed the necessary special purpose apps for the intended application of the PC. There have been no issues with this PC for 6 months, several days ago a...
  10. return to s mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    return to s mode: Hi, I have accidently switched out of s mode. How can I switch back to s mode? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-to-s-mode/db670c5f-1ffc-4422-a852-09bf2086dea3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows returned to s mode

2. will system restore remove s mode

3. remove s mode without logging into microsoft account