Windows 10: Device Security - Hardware Security Capability message not shown

Discus and support Device Security - Hardware Security Capability message not shown in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My security center shows a blank message where it should show one of the messages specified on this support article:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GiveMeAnthony91, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Device Security - Hardware Security Capability message not shown

My security center shows a blank message where it should show one of the messages specified on this support article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4096339/windows-10-device-protection-in-windows-defender-security-center#hardwarescore

What does this mean and how can I fix it?

Device Security - Hardware Security Capability message not shown 286bbfe8-e795-4cfe-b391-a5edec8c71de?upload=true.png

:)

GiveMeAnthony91, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Rob Koch Win User

Standard hardware security not supported

I'm replying to Jetta48's post since I'm building off of his reference, which is where I got the original information I used as the basis for my own facetious rant above. Reviewing the section related to Standard Hardware Security:

At the bottom of the Device security screen, one of the following messages will appear indicating the security capability of your device:

Your device meets the requirements for standard hardware security
    This means your device supports memory integrity and core isolation and also has:

• TPM 2.0 (also referred to as your security processor)
    • Secure boot enabled
    • DEP
    • UEFI MAT

As most PC systems built since the time of at least Vista and most probably during the later period of the WinXP era would contain hardware DEP and Secure boot was often enabled on higher-end systems even with Windows 8, these typically wouldn't be involved
    in the display of this message for recent systems.

However, since both the TPM 2.0 and UEFI MAT hardware (really firmware) requirements are relatively new, either and often both of these might be involved on any system such as Jetta48's, since only the newest models might typically include these.

While looking for some of this info, I found the following Microsoft Docs article that provides some additional detail for these and other

Standards for a highly secure Windows 10 device

Both the TPM and UEFI MAT are either described or include a reference to other documentation in their respective hardware or firmware sections.

Rob

Rob Koch, Feb 13, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Imation Expands Line of High-Capacity, High-Security, Hardware Encrypted USB HDDs

Imation Corp., a global scalable storage and data security company, today announced the expansion of its secure USB hard drive line with capacities of up to 1 terabyte (TB), optional biometric fingerprint authentication, and a uniquely comprehensive set of options for secure USB hard drive management.

“Enterprise and government organizations increasingly need manageable USB devices in order to provide mobile workers with the tools necessary to work where and when they want, and access the data they need in the most secure way possible,” said Lawrence Reusing, Imation’s general manager for Mobile Security. “People are increasingly turning to USB hard drives to transport large data sets. Our expanding secure hard drive offerings are in response to our customers needing increased capacity without compromising control over the devices and data.”

Device Security - Hardware Security Capability message not shown 65b_thm.jpg

"Many organizations have already taken steps to encrypt and protect data on disk drives used in notebook PCs, but now need to go one step further to encrypt and protect data on personal storage devices," said John Rydning, IDC's research vice president for hard disk drives. "Imation's encrypted personal storage solutions address what is often a neglected area for data security in organizations."

Imation’s full line of secure data solutions – from USB flash drives to hard drives – allows IT administrators to provision employees with a wide array of manageable FIPS Level 3 validated secure USB devices, simplifying data security for travelers, teleworkers, and contractors.

Imation also offers IT administrators the industry’s most comprehensive device provisioning and management solutions with advanced features such as remote kill, device recycling, and compliance reporting. Imation delivers unique features and controls to meet Enterprise and Government customer needs, including:
    • Up to 10 users per device with one-factor or two-factor authentication standard, with robust support for complex and custom password policies including length, special characters, and expiration, among other rules.
    • Optional Imation ACCESS Enterprise device management, which streamlines provisioning, and offers customized security policies, deployment, and management of a few up to tens of thousands of secure portable devices across networks and security environments.
    • Available administration with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator software, enabling centralized enterprise device management, and an array of administrative capabilities, including US Government CAC/PIV card authentication and optional antivirus software that prevents malware from being transferred onto the device.
    Imation secure hard drive features include:
    • FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) 140-2, Level 3 validated security processor meeting the most demanding regulatory requirements.
    • AES 256-bit hardware encryption, protecting data each time the USB hard drive is in use with the hardware-based AES 256-bit encryption implemented in Cipher Block Chain (CBC) mode.
    • Single or dual-factor authentication, customers can choose models with password-only authentication, or password plus biometric fingerprint authentication through an ergonomic swipe sensor, to protect data at rest and ensure data access for authorized users.
    • Unique tamper-evident aluminum enclosure that allows users to immediately recognize attempts to physically compromise the device.
    Imation’s Secure Data, Identity and Mobile Workspace product set helps organizations protect against data loss and supports compliance strategies, providing users secure and convenient access to their data and applications wherever they are, while delivering managed security and ensuring compliance over a range of USB devices and removable media.

Imation’s secure mobile solutions are available through Imation’s network of channel partners. For more information, visit http://www.imation.com/en-US/Mobile-Security/Mobile-Security-Products/Secure-Data/.

btarunr, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Vayra86 Win User

Device Security - Hardware Security Capability message not shown

Gmail "Critical security alert" message, hacking attempt blocked (long post)

This is not true, it depends how and when you used 2FA. I never get security tokens from Google, I just get an email notification asking if it was me with a button to click, and only if the IP / device used is not in the registered devices list on the account.

That said, if you get these kinds of messages, it means someone knows your password and you need to change that on ALL accounts you have, not just Google.

Vayra86, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Device Security - Hardware Security Capability message not shown

1. Device Security - Hardware Security Capability message not shown - Similar Threads - Device Security Hardware

2. device security message...standard hardware security not supported.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    device security message...standard hardware security not supported.: device security message wont clear...states standard hardware not supported... spoke with dell technician...they stated this msg is for a laptop...I have a dell 8950 desktop...i am unable to dismiss message......
  3. device security message...standard hardware security not supported.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    device security message...standard hardware security not supported.: device security message wont clear...states standard hardware not supported... spoke with dell technician...they stated this msg is for a laptop...I have a dell 8950 desktop...i am unable to dismiss message......
  4. Device security : Standard hardware security not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device security : Standard hardware security not supported: Hi there. My Windows Security keeps telling me that these is an issue. I need some help, I tried everything, really.I can't dismiss, and when I click on "go to settings" it gives me this :I then checked device security tab :So here comes the troubleshooting basics :- sfc...
  5. Device security : Standard hardware security not supported

Device security : Standard hardware security not supported: Hi there. My Windows Security keeps telling me that these is an issue. I need some help, I tried everything, really.I can't dismiss, and when I click on "go to settings" it gives me this :I then checked device security tab :So here comes the troubleshooting basics :- sfc...
  6. Device Security - Standard hardware security not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Security - Standard hardware security not supported: I am using the latest version of Windows 11 22H2 and I have found it out that the App & Browser Control is missing from the Windows security dashboard. Although it is shown in settings but on the dashboard its completely missing. When I clicked it there is no response for it....
  7. Device Security - Standard hardware security not supported

Device Security - Standard hardware security not supported: I am using the latest version of Windows 11 22H2 and I have found it out that the App & Browser Control is missing from the Windows security dashboard. Although it is shown in settings but on the dashboard its completely missing. When I clicked it there is no response for it....
  8. Device Security - Standard Hardware Security Not Supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Security - Standard Hardware Security Not Supported: Hello, so i reinstalled windows 11 recently and i have a notification in my Windows Security, i clicked on it to see what's wrong and it take me to Device Security section. In Device Security i have this text: Standard Hardware Security Not Supported. Your device does not...
  9. Device Security - Standard Hardware Security Not Supported

Device Security - Standard Hardware Security Not Supported: Hello, so i reinstalled windows 11 recently and i have a notification in my Windows Security, i clicked on it to see what's wrong and it take me to Device Security section. In Device Security i have this text: Standard Hardware Security Not Supported. Your device does not...
  10. Device Security - Standard hardware security not supported

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device Security - Standard hardware security not supported: Hi there, I recently replaced my Motherboard, CPU and Ram and now have Windows Defender Security Centre tell me that Standard hardware security not supported. Why is this and what can one do to change this status? Regards, E...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Hrdware securiyt capability

2. 43 305*70https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/servicesagreement/

3. windows defander says hardware security capability

4. security capability for hardware,
  5. standard hardware security not supported w10