Windows 10: device security not showing any function

Discus and support device security not showing any function in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH]i posted this image for better understanding of question.please help me to get over it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by chauhanabhishek340, Oct 11, 2019.

1. device security not showing any function

device security not showing any function b46dcbe9-e249-4ba4-a7a6-4e4f5dd2ac89?upload=true.png i posted this image for better understanding of question.please help me to get over it

:)

chauhanabhishek340, Oct 11, 2019
  2. darobins Win User

Security Device Not Recognized

Ob build 10527:

On my login screen I had 4 icons:

• Password
    • Security Device
    • Security Device
    • PIN
    The Security Device (#2) when clicked shows "Security Device Not Recognized". It also shows up as the default. The other Security Device (#3) is a Virtual Smart Card and it functions correctly. As does the Password and PIN.

I used Tpmvscmgr to destroy the virtual smart card instance #0, and I further attempted to destroy any other instances but none existed.

Now I have:

• Password
    • Security Device
    • PIN
    The Security Device #2 still has the same error.

In Device Manager I only have 1 Security Device, TPM 2.0, which is functioning correctly (Bitlocker etc).

How do I remove or repair this bad security device on my sign-in screen?

darobins, Oct 11, 2019
  3. My laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Some devices might be listed under hidden devices in Device Manager, I suggest you to open Device Manager then click on View option and click on Show hidden devices. Once it is done, check whether you can find the device.

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to try connecting the device with other USB ports and check if it is detected (If you are connecting through USB).

Also, try updating the USB drivers and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

-Open Device Manager.

-Find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

-Right-click on each driver listed and click on Update Driver Software

-Restart the system after updating the drivers.

-Try connecting the device and check if the issue still persists.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Oct 11, 2019
  4. device security not showing any function

Optical Drive shows in Device Manager but does not function.

Hi,

I installed Windows 10 as an upgrade the other night and am enjoying it so far. Everything seems fine except one problem - my optical drive isn't working! I don't use it that often so only noticed when i needed to burn a cd for a friend.

In Device Manager it is listed under "Other devices" with a question mark on the icon. Have deleted it and done a scan for hardware changes, and also tried "update driver" - no joy. Screenshots below. Any ideas? I notice several other people have been having this problem

device security not showing any function [​IMG]

Thanks

Matt

mattking1984, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

device security not showing any function

1. device security not showing any function - Similar Threads - device security showing

2. Bluetooth is not connect with device and not show any device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth is not connect with device and not show any device: i was trying but still my device is not connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-is-not-connect-with-device-and-not-show/46a75e60-4fd2-47c1-9a6a-f9551feff9b4
  3. Bluetooth is not connect with device and not show any device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is not connect with device and not show any device: i was trying but still my device is not connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-is-not-connect-with-device-and-not-show/46a75e60-4fd2-47c1-9a6a-f9551feff9b4
  4. Bluetooth is not connect with device and not show any device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. TPM 2.0 not showing in Device and Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM 2.0 not showing in Device and Security: TPM 2.0 not showing in Device and SecurityMY TPM Module is showing as ready but is not showing in Device and Security; my laptop is an ASUS and you cannot do anything in the BIOS settings for this. See attached....
  6. Device Security page showing no options.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Security page showing no options.: Today suddenly there was this exclamation mark on my defender icon. and It gave me an error in device security tab. when I clicked on go to settings, it gave me an error "The page you are trying to access has no supported features and is not available". and When I open the...
  7. Device Security page showing no options.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Security page showing no options.: Today suddenly there was this exclamation mark on my defender icon. and It gave me an error in device security tab. when I clicked on go to settings, it gave me an error "The page you are trying to access has no supported features and is not available". and When I open the...
  8. Bluetooth is not showing any devices?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth is not showing any devices?: Hi, I update my windows 10 32bit to 64bit then everything works fine but the one problem is with Bluetooth it is not showing any device i don't know why i tried updating the driver and updated successfully also in the services section i start the Bluetooth services but...
  9. security and Find My Device functionality stolen laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security and Find My Device functionality stolen laptop: How does find my device work in locating a stolen laptop while it's turned off and how accurate ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-and-find-my-device-functionality-stolen/94b7d172-1e25-4478-afa2-0cccee538251
  10. Bluetooth is not showing any device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth is not showing any device: when i turn on bluetooth in windows 10, it doesn't show any devices. But this bluetooth device is available in other phone or laptop. I updated bluetooth driver but not working. Is here any solution??...