Windows 10: Device settings freezes when I click on "Device Encryption"

Discus and support Device settings freezes when I click on "Device Encryption" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Like the subject line says - the Device Settings app freezes when I click on Device Encryption. I can still close the Device Settings app but can't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VPMC, Oct 13, 2019.

1. VPMC Win User

Device settings freezes when I click on "Device Encryption"

Like the subject line says - the Device Settings app freezes when I click on Device Encryption. I can still close the Device Settings app but can't click on anything else within Device Settings.

No recent changes to my computer. Running W10 Home. Thanks for the help!

:)

2. Abi99 (2) Win User

device encryption

All apps » Settings » System » Device encryption » Device encryption: On

That encrypts just the internal phone memory and not the microSD, yet. Therefore:

• All apps » Settings » System » About » More info: Please, post (just) your OS build
    • Did you try a new microSD already and did that face the same issue?

Abi99 (2), Oct 13, 2019
  3. Bitlocker vs device encryption in settings

Exist case a w 10 pro PC - old was w 7 pro...
    to support Only Bitlocker and NOT
    device encryption in settings... see shot above....?

reply:

• Yes this PC not support device encryption in settings only Bitlocker
    • No supports both...

Lse123polis, Oct 13, 2019
  4. xinlifoss Win User

Device Encryption - Turn On or Off for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

thanks for the tip. yes, the phone did ask if I wanted to set a pin. I tried my tests with the pin set and without a pin set. no difference.

it took a while, but I finally got this new update installed.

alas, same pathology:
    • with a local Device Encryption toggled On, no dialog, no change in Storage status
    • with an activesync policy from Google Sync (Google for Work), the Requires Encryption policy is ignored by the device, so the toggle remains Off, yet the device seems to be reporting back to the server that encryption is activated because the data is syncing with the servers
    • with a native Office Enterprise that has a Requires Encryption policy, the settings toggle is moved to On and greyed out so the user cannot disable, the data is syncing immediately, yet the Storage settings do not indicate that the device is encrypted.

last thing. with windows 8.1r2, the Office Enterprise did seem to set the encryption correctly.

still puzzled.

xinlifoss, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Device settings freezes when I click on "Device Encryption" - Similar Threads - Device settings freezes

2. Settings app crashing when I click "Devices"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashing when I click "Devices": When I go settings > devices it looks like it is about to go into the panel then the whole app crashes. I have had this problem for a while however have not been able to find a fix for it. It has not been an issue for me until I have been trying to access my bluetooth...
  3. Settings app crashing when I click "Devices"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app crashing when I click "Devices": When I go settings > devices it looks like it is about to go into the panel then the whole app crashes. I have had this problem for a while however have not been able to find a fix for it. It has not been an issue for me until I have been trying to access my bluetooth...
  4. Settings app crashing when I click "Devices"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Device encryption is not showing in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device encryption is not showing in settings: Once turned off the device encryption after that I am trying to turn it back on but can't found device encryption in the Privacy & Security settings and also search for that setting but I can't find that option , I have attached the screenshot of that ....
  6. Device encryption is not showing in settings

Device encryption is not showing in settings: Once turned off the device encryption after that I am trying to turn it back on but can't found device encryption in the Privacy & Security settings and also search for that setting but I can't find that option , I have attached the screenshot of that ....
  7. There is no device encryption setting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no device encryption setting.: Hello everyone! For some reason, I do not have device encryption in the Windows settings. I have home version, and there should be simplified encryption, but I do not have it. I also have only one drive in my laptop and it is the system one....
  8. There is no device encryption setting.

There is no device encryption setting.: Hello everyone! For some reason, I do not have device encryption in the Windows settings. I have home version, and there should be simplified encryption, but I do not have it. I also have only one drive in my laptop and it is the system one....
  9. Not seeing "Device Encryption" under settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not seeing "Device Encryption" under settings: Hello,I have previously had bitlocker encryption enabled on my laptop. However, wanted to disabled it due to repeatedly getting prompted for the key. I disabled bit locker but now I cannot find anywhere to enable it again. I have a windows 10 laptop as well....
  10. Device encryption setting disappeared - do I still have device encryption on my PC?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device encryption setting disappeared - do I still have device encryption on my PC?: Hey y'all. Thanks for your time : I'm running Windows 10 Home. Recently I realized the 'device encryption' setting has disappeared from my settings, and when I go into system info, under device encryption support, I get a message that reads 'reasons for failed automatic...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clicking on device encruption tab freezes windows settings