Windows 10: Device showing up wrong

Discus and support Device showing up wrong in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a mobile wifi A small modem with sim slot. The problem is, when I connect it to my computer, it is showing up as cd drive. What should I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MosusMohammed, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Device showing up wrong

I have a mobile wifi A small modem with sim slot. The problem is, when I connect it to my computer, it is showing up as cd drive. What should I do?

:)

MosusMohammed, Nov 1, 2020

2. My laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Some devices might be listed under hidden devices in Device Manager, I suggest you to open Device Manager then click on View option and click on Show hidden devices. Once it is done, check whether you can find the device.

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to try connecting the device with other USB ports and check if it is detected (If you are connecting through USB).

Also, try updating the USB drivers and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

-Open Device Manager.

-Find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

-Right-click on each driver listed and click on Update Driver Software

-Restart the system after updating the drivers.

-Try connecting the device and check if the issue still persists.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Nov 1, 2020
  3. dcell Win User
    Devices Show Wrong Location

I have two laptops and two desktops. ALL devices consistently show the wrong address. It is an old address/location from when I first created a Microsoft account SEVERAL years ago. I've gone through my account multiple times making sure the correct location
    is listed. I actually have to disable location sharing on the two laptops because the issue causes problems. Does not matter where the devices are, when I sign into my account, they show as being located at the old address. If location sharing is active, any
    program from a specific device will show as being at the old address. One of the laptops and one of the desktops have never even been in that location, I got them after we moved. Searching through past questions here has been no help. Using the Map App on
    all of the devices will show the old address if I click to show current location.

dcell, Nov 1, 2020
  4. pepi74 Win User

Device showing up wrong

GPU-Z is showing the wrong clocks

Last GPUZ that show correct clocks on my GT 240 was 0.3.9. I suggest you try it, and find if it is your case also *Smile Device showing up wrong :)

0.40, 0.4.1 and 0.4.2 report wrong clock for shaders.

pepi74, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Device showing up wrong

1. Device showing up wrong - Similar Threads - Device showing wrong

2. My device shows wrong storage amount

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device shows wrong storage amount: Hi! My HP computer uses Windows 10 Home, version 19045.3930. I have an issue with my device showing the wrong amount of storage. When I check on this device, it is saying that I have 377GB available. However, when I check my device on diskpart, it only says I have 6144kB...
  3. My device shows wrong storage amount

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My device shows wrong storage amount: Hi! My HP computer uses Windows 10 Home, version 19045.3930. I have an issue with my device showing the wrong amount of storage. When I check on this device, it is saying that I have 377GB available. However, when I check my device on diskpart, it only says I have 6144kB...
  4. My device shows wrong storage amount

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Devices Showing Up Twice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Devices Showing Up Twice: On my router information within my internet service app my device is showing twice one says on and one says off, what does this mean? It isnt connected and is off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/devices-showing-up-twice/e0d6e24e-1a1c-4297-8b14-b6267945cc8b
  6. Game Controllers properties shows wrong device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Controllers properties shows wrong device: I'm not sure how to even describe this but when I select the "Properties" of my Arduino the window that opens up is for my Razer Tartarus.I have deleted all hidden HID and restarted but that didn't make any difference/Any help with this would be appreciated.....
  7. Game Controllers properties shows wrong device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Controllers properties shows wrong device: I'm not sure how to even describe this but when I select the "Properties" of my Arduino the window that opens up is for my Razer Tartarus.I have deleted all hidden HID and restarted but that didn't make any difference/Any help with this would be appreciated.....
  8. Device Showing Wrong Location

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Showing Wrong Location: I have two Windows 10 PC's, a desktop on ethernet and a laptop on WiFi. I noticed in my Microsoft account devices, occasionally the laptop shows it is in Nashville Tennessee while I am in Arizona? If I toggle find my device if comes back to Arizona. Also, if I change my Wifi...
  9. Device not showing up on devices page

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device not showing up on devices page: I signed into my laptop everyday with my Microsoft account. Now it's been stolen and I went to the devices page and it's not there!!! Is there any other way to add a device of you dont have access to it? Also, why is it not showing up when I logged in with my Microsoft...
  10. Devices Show Wrong Location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Devices Show Wrong Location: I have two laptops and two desktops. ALL devices consistently show the wrong address. It is an old address/location from when I first created a Microsoft account SEVERAL years ago. I've gone through my account multiple times making sure the correct location is listed. I...