Windows 10: Device Sleep problem

Discus and support Device Sleep problem in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When i tried to sleep my computer, Instead of sleep it's shutting down.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LinusReddy, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Device Sleep problem

When i tried to sleep my computer,

Instead of sleep it's shutting down.

:)

LinusReddy, Jan 7, 2020

2. Audio device unrecognised after waking from sleep

From time to time I wake my laptop from sleep and find that the audio driver (Conexant Venice) is no longer loaded. The audio hardware is listed in the Device Manager as just "base system device" (or two base system devices, to be precise). Rebooting fixes the problem each time, but it takes a while. Is there a quicker way to make the audio work again than rebooting? I've tried obvious steps like running the troubleshooter and disabling and then re-enabling the devices.

ricecrispies, Jan 7, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Device Sleep problem

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Device Sleep problem

1. Device Sleep problem - Similar Threads - Device Sleep problem

2. SLEEP PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SLEEP PROBLEM: For the last 4-5 days whenever I put my laptop on sleep for some25-30 mins or more it won't wake up when I try, It will either display a completely black screen with the power light indicating that it still sleeps but with an open lid which is not possible, or it will show a...
  3. sleep problem

sleep problem: My PC goes to sleep despite my power setting is never on both charging and on battery. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-problem/479805ce-e161-4f7c-8d13-4115fec67d4f
  4. Sleep Problem

Sleep Problem: I have set my PC to go to sleep when the lid of laptop closes. It works fine but sometimes it goes to deep sleep to hibernate, and I have to face late booting of my PC compare to when it turned on from the sleep. Please fix this....
  5. Sleep Problem

Sleep Problem: I want to ask, when I put my computer into sleep mode, thescreen changes to lock screen display, while the CPU fan and case fan are stillon. This is the first time I have a computer, before I had alaptop, but when I put it to sleep mode, the laptop was turned off, meaning...
  6. Sleep Problem

Sleep Problem: In the past I had a HDD & was running W10 v1909 (Build 18363.418) & my LCD would wake w/the comfuser as normal. I replaced the HDD w/a new SSD & the LCD stopped waking w/the comfuser. I did update to W10 v20H2 (Build 19042.746), but that didn't change anything. Pressing my...
  7. Sleep problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep problems: I have two pc's, each running build 9897, not dual booting which have sleep problems. One reboots to desktop after about 5 seconds when using the mouse to put it to sleep. The sleep button on the keyboard, however works as expected but when pressing the case on-switch, goes...
  8. sleep problem

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep problem: I have Windows 10 x64 home and have sleep turned turned to never, turn the display off set to never and screen saver set to none. Today I left my computer on while I went shopping and when I came back my screen was off with an amber light in the bottom corner. When I moved...
  9. Sleep problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep problem: When I put my PC to sleep, when it wakes it shows this screen: [img] How can I fix this? 93366
  10. Sleep problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep problem: When I put my PC into sleep mode it awakens randomly for no apparent reason. How can I prevent this? Thank you for your help. 29099