Windows 10: Device specific error, HTTP401: DENIED - The requested resource requires user authentication.

Discus and support Device specific error, HTTP401: DENIED - The requested resource requires user authentication. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I found that on my HP Envy 17t that I am getting an error when trying to access the database of a specific website. This error only occurs on this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by UND_Student, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Device specific error, HTTP401: DENIED - The requested resource requires user authentication.

I found that on my HP Envy 17t that I am getting an error when trying to access the database of a specific website. This error only occurs on this device as I have changed networks, browsers, and tried incognito/private windows. I found the following warning and error which I believe to be the cause, but I am unsure of how to resolve the issue.

SEC7139: [CORS] The origin '[specific domain]' used the maximum Access-Control-Max-Age value of '1728000' as the provided value exceeded this for a cross-origin request to '[specific URL on previous domain]'.

HTTP401: DENIED - The requested resource requires user authentication.
    (Fetch)GET - [specific URL on previous domain]

I have found that if I use a VMware Linux box, however, I can successfully access the database.

:)

UND_Student, Aug 28, 2019
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Aug 28, 2019
  3. titan5800 Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Bastet Win User

Device specific error, HTTP401: DENIED - The requested resource requires user authentication.

Accounts-Your email and accounts: Attention required - but what?

I have had that error when adding an email account which has 2-step authentication, I required an app specific password, once entered the error message disappeared.

Bastet, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Device specific error, HTTP401: DENIED - The requested resource requires user authentication.

1. Device specific error, HTTP401: DENIED - The requested resource requires user authentication. - Similar Threads - Device specific error

2. Remote Apps Work Resources authentication error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Apps Work Resources authentication error: Hello,We have a 2019 windows server that is acting as a Remote Desktop Server. Remote Apps Work resources works fine on windows 10 devices on an internal and external network, however, on a windows 11 device it will only work properly on the internal network. If i were to use...
  3. Remote Apps Work Resources authentication error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Apps Work Resources authentication error: Hello,We have a 2019 windows server that is acting as a Remote Desktop Server. Remote Apps Work resources works fine on windows 10 devices on an internal and external network, however, on a windows 11 device it will only work properly on the internal network. If i were to use...
  4. User account the requested operation requires elevation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account the requested operation requires elevation: Hello everyone,I have recently faced with this problem in windows 11 the requested operation requires elevation. I changed my user from administrator to standard but I cannot change it back. I cannot install anything in the laptop. I tried to change my user account but it...
  5. Error 0x80070005, Access denied, The requested action requires elevated privileges

in Windows 10 News
    Error 0x80070005, Access denied, The requested action requires elevated privileges: [ATTACH]When trying to activate Windows 10, if you get an error code 0x80070005, then […] This article Error 0x80070005, Access denied, The requested action requires elevated privileges first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Disable a device for a specific user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable a device for a specific user: Is there any way to disable an external microphone for a specific user, while keeping it active on other? submitted by /u/Manue_12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kg9p5p/disable_a_device_for_a_specific_user/
  7. Error 0x800700AA:the requested resource is in use

Error 0x800700AA:the requested resource is in use: I was trying to copy photos from my phone to pc and this error comes up. What can I do? submitted by /u/Topsanopsa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k7p9bi/error_0x800700aathe_requested_resource_is_in_use/
  8. Error: 0x80070005 Access denied: the requested action requires elevated privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error: 0x80070005 Access denied: the requested action requires elevated privileges: i am trying to activate windows but it says "Error: 0x80070005 Access denied: the requested action requires elevated privileges" any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x80070005-access-denied-the-requested/65fa1d50-8f41-41f8-8e5f-6acc7bd97db2
  9. "Requested resource is in use" error

"Requested resource is in use" error: So, I tried to move some photos from my android device to my computer. I move videos like that frequently with no problems, but now I got the error message "Requested resource is in use" and I can't move it. I don't have the preview pane on. Some people said that disabling...
  10. the requested resource is in use

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the requested resource is in use: my windows defender wont turn back on. i cant factory reset. i cant install any antivirus or anything. i believe i have a rootkit. i would love it if someone on this planet could help me remove this virus....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SEC7139: [CORS] The origin https://plugin-hosting-demo-usdc6.etadirect.com used the maximum Access-Control-Max-Age value of 1728000

2. 2019 http401: denied - the requested resource requires user authentication. Angular

3. the requested resource requires user authentication windows 10

4. angular 8 - HTTP401: DENIED - The requested resource requires user authentication