Windows 10: Device USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860\RZ8N21X6ZKL requires further installation

Discus and support Device USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860\RZ8N21X6ZKL requires further installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I'm not able to connect any USB drive to the computer, it always says Device USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860\RZ8N21X6ZKL requires further installation when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Waqi, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Waqi Win User

Device USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860\RZ8N21X6ZKL requires further installation

Hi! I'm not able to connect any USB drive to the computer, it always says Device USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860\RZ8N21X6ZKL requires further installation when checked in Device Manager.Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device, but doesn't work. Windows is updatedAll drivers are updated

:)

2. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

did all the usual, disconnected every usb device I have connected 1 by one, none were it. uninstalled, but it came back on hardware scan, appears to be internal or virtual device.

looking at device events, device not migrated, last device instance id :USB VID_04E8&PID_6860\474b364939353098. both google and registry search on VID_04E8&PID_6860 suggest this is some kind of Samsung android device.

Google seems to give results of "Samsung mobile usb modem" no Samsung phones, or any are connected. google pointed to a ton of crapware driver pages but nothing from official Samsung site.

Registry search kept finding entries of "SAMSUNG ANDROID" somewhere on most of the keys. every time the device is removed hardware scan finds it again.

Connected all three Samsung phones I have, device error did not go away and all devices work. I have S5, S7, and S9. I did have an S8 and an S6 but no longer do.

looking at the other entry in the device not migrated log "Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&38a36d0c&0&5 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match" VID_0000&PID_0002 google seems to verify this is the "unknown" device descriptor that I am getting, probably generic.

Next entry "device configured (usb.inf)" has a reg key in its list {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000} searching registry for this key finds it on almost every usb device available and all kinds of other irrelevant junk. this entry also has "BADDEVICE.Dev.NT" so I assume this is just the event where it was configured as an unknow device.

Installed, Samsung smart switch (replaced kies) did some driver loading and installed fine but bad device still there.

Next entry "device not started" has the same generic VID/PID as above and another registry entry the same as above, this just doesn't have the "last device instance id"

I think im dealing with a virtual Samsung device, probably the "modem" mentioned above, possibly a way to use the phone for internet access, but aside from Samsung device drivers that load when phones are connected, I installed no android software besides blue stacks, which was crap so I removed it and anything associated with it I could find a ways back.

On to windows logs, app log appears to be just fine, system log only reports the DCOM 10016 error I see on almost ALL windows builds.

BTW besides all the times I tried to remove it and got those 3 device events today, the first 3 appeared on 5/21, on that day in programs list I installed PC verison of skype and Doki Doki Literature Club (don't ask) from steam. removed Doki in steam, verified it was gone in the real programs list, decided to keep skype and not try removing this as I doubt it would have anything to do with the issue. also I cant remember when, but its possible this is when my pc either went to 1803 or got a big update for 1803 or what ever 18XX update that last came out.

Im out of things to try, any suggestions *cry I know its just a device, could be nothing, but im OCD, and this isn't typical for any of my other machines arrg *Mad

AshTray900, Jul 22, 2021
  3. ChunLim1 Win User
    abnormal reset locked for galaxy s5

wpdmtp.inf_amd64_751f85d39be0f529 for Device Instance ID USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860&MS_COMP_MTP&SAMSUNG_ANDROID\6&302A4999&6&0000 with the following status: 0x0.

ChunLim1, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Tony K Win User

USB Device Descriptor Failed??

The EHCI (enhanced host controller interface) driver simultaneously supports USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 protocols.

Yes, it's probably an Asmedia brand Host Controller. I have an Asus board with it and install the Asmedia driver for it after an OS install. You must have the generic driver as seen in red font below vs mine in my shot? You can look up your board on the Asus site and download the drivers for various peripherals.

Are you plugging in an Android phone? The event is:

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860&MS_COMP_MTP&SAMSUNG_Android\6&18f52f5f&1&0000.

Attachment 152989

Tony K, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Device USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860\RZ8N21X6ZKL requires further installation - Similar Threads - Device USBVID_04E8&PID_6860RZ8N21X6ZKL requires

2. device requires further installation bluetooth, realtek rtl8821ce

in Windows 10 Gaming
    device requires further installation bluetooth, realtek rtl8821ce: bluetooth, realtek rtl8821ce. i know you're initial response for this and i assure you i'm way past "update driver" so moving along past the simple solutions without wasting more time i have tried drivers from the manufacturer, windows update, computer manufacturer, older...
  3. device requires further installation bluetooth, realtek rtl8821ce

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    device requires further installation bluetooth, realtek rtl8821ce: bluetooth, realtek rtl8821ce. i know you're initial response for this and i assure you i'm way past "update driver" so moving along past the simple solutions without wasting more time i have tried drivers from the manufacturer, windows update, computer manufacturer, older...
  4. Device HDAUDIO... requires further installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device HDAUDIO... requires further installation.: Hello everyone! I've been encountering a problem ever since I have booted up my PC this afternoon.My microphone will not pick up any noise. At first I thought it was the mute button on my headphones, my headphones are Razer Kraken X, but that didn't seem to be the case. Upon...
  5. Device HDAUDIO... requires further installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device HDAUDIO... requires further installation.: Hello everyone! I've been encountering a problem ever since I have booted up my PC this afternoon.My microphone will not pick up any noise. At first I thought it was the mute button on my headphones, my headphones are Razer Kraken X, but that didn't seem to be the case. Upon...
  6. Device HDAUDIO... requires further installation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Device requires further installation.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device requires further installation.: I have a Logitec C310 that worked fine in my old pc but shows a black screen for photo/video, but the mic still works. In device manager, under information, it says Device USB\VID_046D&PID_081B&MI_00\6&63bd8c8&2&0000 requires further installation. and I assume that is causing...
  8. Device ACPI\808622A8\1 requires further installation.

Device ACPI\808622A8\1 requires further installation.: My 2 in 1 Medion Akoya E2218T is fully up to date with Windows 102004 update, but the sound device is not working, it shows a red cross on the taskbar and a text indicating that no audio device is installed. On device manager the deviceIntel SST audioWDM shows up as "Working...
  9. Intel HD Graphics Device requires further installation Device...

Intel HD Graphics Device requires further installation Device...: My son's computer was running fine until around 8/5/19. On this date the Windows Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1903 installed. [ATTACH] Now we have this message in Device Manager: [ATTACH] The monitor which is 4K doesn't work properly like it did before and you...
  10. Device requires further installation

in Windows 10 News
    Device requires further installation: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In case you encounter the error Device requires further installation while trying to connect an external device to your system, then this article may be helpful for you. Usually, external devices like USB sticks, headphones, speakers, etc. auto-install...