Windows 10: Devices and Drives icons showed in "This PC"

Discus and support Devices and Drives icons showed in "This PC" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Opening "This PC" on my PC I see that under the title "Devices and Drives 4" the icons have disappeared and replaced by a blank page icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MorganValmont, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Devices and Drives icons showed in "This PC"

Hello,

Opening "This PC" on my PC I see that under the title "Devices and Drives 4" the icons have disappeared and replaced by a blank page icon without name. I know that there are 4 items but I do not know which they are.

Could you please help me find the name of these 4 items ? And how to fix this issue ?

Thanks and regards,

Morgan

:)

MorganValmont, Apr 6, 2021
  2. myka Win User

Strange USB-Drive Icons

So create system restore? And what to do? How changed? Via registry editor i cant see explorer device icon!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Give step by step! Procedure

- - - Updated - - -

How you changed.??? In registry editor i dont have folder DriverIcon! No shows Driver letters nothing! I see in youtube on human pc shows driver letters.

- - - Updated - - -

Give me step by step what you do!!

- - - Updated - - -

How change??? Via registry editor i dont see path driveIcon!

myka, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Strange USB-Drive Icons

Hi guys!
    I just registered only to post my solving of this problem (I know it's been a while since the last reply...).
    These are the steps I took to fix this problem on my PC:

• Removed all the Removable Devices from my PC;
    • Deleted the folder "797289b8-812a-4d9e-bda5-91567fd47bc6" from "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceMetadataCache\dmrccache\en-us";
    • Rebuilt the Icon Database of Windows using:
      1. taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
      2. cd /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local
      3. attrib –h IconCache.db
      4. del IconCache.db
      5. start explorer.exe
    • Used the "Clean Unplugged Device Data" option from the Tools menu on Driver Booster;
    • Restarted my PC.

After this, all icon and info in my PC were corrected!

I hope I helped you guys.

CYA.

Schickacka, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Octopolus Win User

Devices and Drives icons showed in "This PC"

No Safely remove notifiction pop up, HAVE Icon

1st suggestion didnt work at all.
    2nd suggestion works but after that when i stop the device the "normal way" its still the same, no "safe to remove device" shows up

Octopolus, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Devices and Drives icons showed in "This PC"

1. Devices and Drives icons showed in "This PC" - Similar Threads - Devices Drives icons

2. Bluetooth icon is not showing my device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth icon is not showing my device.: screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-icon-is-not-showing-my-device/73b39e82-c82f-4525-beee-fdfb48e8fc65
  3. Bluetooth icon is not showing my device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth icon is not showing my device.: screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-icon-is-not-showing-my-device/73b39e82-c82f-4525-beee-fdfb48e8fc65
  4. Devices and Drives Icon on This PC turned into a white page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices and Drives Icon on This PC turned into a white page: Hi,For some time Devices and Drives Icon on "This PC" has turned into a blank page. Following a possible solution read on Internet, I found out that after opening registryHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell IconsShell Icons key is...
  5. Devices and Drives Icon on This PC turned into a white page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Devices and Drives Icon on This PC turned into a white page: Hi,For some time Devices and Drives Icon on "This PC" has turned into a blank page. Following a possible solution read on Internet, I found out that after opening registryHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell IconsShell Icons key is...
  6. Devices and Drives Icon on This PC turned into a white page

7. Hard Drive Icon shows unlock icon.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard Drive Icon shows unlock icon.: [ATTACH] I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home preinstalled. I don't no why my Volume icon shows unlock icon. I think its of Windows Bitlocker. But mine is Windows 10 home, it doesn't have bitlocker. When I turned on Windows Hello Face Login on my laptop, this unlock icon...
  8. USB drive not showing in devices and drives

USB drive not showing in devices and drives: Hi all, I have two computers which do the same thing which is odd in itself. When I insert a USB drive the drive flashes up momentarily in devices and drives then disappears. It shows in device manager and also in disk management but not when I open This PC. It also does not...
  9. drive not showing up in devices

drive not showing up in devices: I have a HP Envy23 that has 2 drives but only one shows up in disk drive. it is a SDSA5dk-016GB-1006 and has no more space. There is another drive that has 1TB ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB but I cannot get it to merge with the other one because it keeps disappearing in the disk...
  10. all usb drives external shows device icon ( like unspecified)

all usb drives external shows device icon ( like unspecified): I changed value for power source in powersettings hkey local machine via registry editor. I dont know this problem could be or not, because icon not shows shows only paper white and unspecified device in printers all usb device connected. I disabled usb ports in device...