Windows 10: "Devices and Printers" Multiple (same) printers listed

Discus and support "Devices and Printers" Multiple (same) printers listed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In "Devices and Printers," I have ended up with multiples with the same name. How do I delete the duplicates from the dropdown list? Thank you. 112317 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nisko, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

"Devices and Printers" Multiple (same) printers listed

In "Devices and Printers," I have ended up with multiples with the same name. How do I delete the duplicates from the dropdown list? Thank you.

:)

Nisko, Jun 15, 2018
  2. keakar Win User

Printer advice

hp printers have the most expensive ink of all printers, the most economical is cannon and epson so i suggest if you looking to keep costs down look at those brands.

that being said it may not have the best print quality if it uses less costly ink.

if keeping cost down is the most important then shop in reverse, find a brand that has cheap replacement ink cartridges then see what printers they are used on. then from that list look to see if you like any of those printers and if they are affordable to you, if not then select another ink cartridge and look at the printers that those are used on. this method will give you the most affordable printer and the cheapest cost of replacement ink.

personally i use the refillable ink cartridges like these: http://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store/catalog/Our-Epson-Refill-Kits-orderby0-p-1-c-4.html

keakar, Jun 16, 2018
  3. Printer

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to use these steps and check:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Devices and Printers and then tap or click Devices and Printers.
    • Press and hold or right-click the printer you want to use, and then tap or click
      Set as default printer.
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Jun 16, 2018
  4. Rene tb Win User

Printer listed as device and not as a printer. Cannot print

I am not able to print. If I go to Word or any other application my printer is not listed. If I go to settings I see my printer listed as a printer. When I go to > hardware and printers, then my printer is listed as a
    device and not as a printer. This is probably the reason why it is not listed in applications like Word. How can this problem be fixed? I run a business and need to print!

Rene

"Devices and Printers" Multiple (same) printers listed e02dba7e-4c1e-4c2e-af7d-c7a36e19b216.png

Rene tb, Jun 16, 2018
Thema:

1. "Devices and Printers" Multiple (same) printers listed - Similar Threads - Devices Printers Multiple

2. Trying to reinstall printer, but printer not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to reinstall printer, but printer not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled: Trying to reinstall printer, but printer not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-reinstall-printer-but-printer-not-listed/bb6bebdb-2407-4a9a-9e3b-0e6d4a06f112
  3. Trying to reinstall printer, but printer not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to reinstall printer, but printer not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled: Trying to reinstall printer, but printer not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-reinstall-printer-but-printer-not-listed/bb6bebdb-2407-4a9a-9e3b-0e6d4a06f112
  4. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.: I successfully add my bluetooth printer to the printer list, and it shows up in the scanner app, but it wont show up as a printer for any of the apps that print, or in any of the other management lists....
  5. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.: I successfully add my bluetooth printer to the printer list, and it shows up in the scanner app, but it wont show up as a printer for any of the apps that print, or in any of the other management lists....
  6. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. multiple printers listed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    multiple printers listed: Hi, how do I remove multiple listing of the same printer from windows 10? it only shows up on my Mail App and properties of the Printer. thankx. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Printer listed as Unspecified device

Printer listed as Unspecified device: I have a Pantum P2500W printer that has been connected to this computer before. Now when I try to reconnect, it shows up as an Unspecified device rather than a Printer. How do I get the computer to recognize it as a printer so I can print from it?...
  9. Multiple Duplicates in Devices and Printers

Multiple Duplicates in Devices and Printers: In Devices and Printers and under Multimedia Devices, there are multiple icons for multimedia devices. I deleted the excess copies once and left one of each there and they all came back. Any idea on how to stop this behavior? [img] 131583
  10. Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers"

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers": In "Devices and Printers," I have ended up with multiples with the same name. How do I delete the duplicates from the dropdown list? Thank you. 112317

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why windows multiple printers listed

2. Devices and Printrs

3. If i have duplicate printers listed in devices will that effect printer operation?

4. printers listing multiple times in edge,
  5. printer hardware is listed as other devices,
  6. have two printers with same name in devices but only own one printer,
  7. have only 1 printer but have 3 printers listed,
  8. mutiple listing of the same printer,
  9. multiple names for 1 printer in devices but only 1 active,
  10. when multiple of same printer how do i determine which one i want,
  11. 3 of the same printer listed,
  12. the same printer is listed under software devices multiple times,
  13. printer device list used to be listed,
  14. multiple network printers listed,
  15. device and printers list//numerous of same deices