Windows 10: Devices and printers

Discus and support Devices and printers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After upgrading to Windows 10, pdf documents prints very slow and sometimes does not print at all. I can print other documents immediately but pdf... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gertrude Marakalla, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Devices and printers

After upgrading to Windows 10, pdf documents prints very slow and sometimes does not print at all. I can print other documents immediately but pdf takes time and return error: Could not print document

:)

Gertrude Marakalla, Sep 17, 2019

2. Printer

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to use these steps and check:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Devices and Printers and then tap or click Devices and Printers.
    • Press and hold or right-click the printer you want to use, and then tap or click
      Set as default printer.
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Printer not printing after installing the device on the PC on Windows 10.

Hi Yitzchak,

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the printer as a work around and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the printer:

• Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the “Printer” device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for
      this device
      ” you may select that and then remove its drivers from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

You may also uninstall any related software provided by the printer manufacturer from the computer from “Programs and Features”. For this, you may follow these steps:

• Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard and select “Programs and Features” from that list.

• Search for any software provided by the printer manufacturer in the program list and if available, you may select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

Step 2: Install a Printer

Refer to the below link about: Install a printer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/install-printer#install-printer=windows-8

Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Devices and printers

Missing Devices & Printers

Hi Tony,

Thank for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the printer?

• What is the exact issue are you facing?

• When you say ‘’ Most of my devices’’ what are device that is missing?
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it this helps.

• Type troubleshooting on the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on print on
      printer Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Advanced on the Printer troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Printer troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist try the method.

Method 2.

I recommend you to update the printer driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press Windows Key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate for the Print Queues and expand it.

• Right click on the printer and click on
      uninstall.

• Once you are uninstalling the driver, restart the computer.
    If that does not help fix the issue, I suggest you to go to the printer manufacturer website, download the latest printer driver and install the same.

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Devices and printers

1. Devices and printers - Similar Threads - Devices printers

2. "Applying group policy printer policy": School devices getting stuck while booting from a login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Applying group policy printer policy": School devices getting stuck while booting from a login: Greetings,I work at a school in Australia. Just recently, when a student or staff logs into a laptop that is joined to the schools domain, it will get stuck on "applying group policy printer policy" for roughly 10-15 minutes.At first, we believed it was printers that were...
  3. "Applying group policy printer policy": School devices getting stuck while booting from a login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Applying group policy printer policy": School devices getting stuck while booting from a login: Greetings,I work at a school in Australia. Just recently, when a student or staff logs into a laptop that is joined to the schools domain, it will get stuck on "applying group policy printer policy" for roughly 10-15 minutes.At first, we believed it was printers that were...
  4. Unable to Add Device printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Add Device printer: In an effort to reconnect my HP laptop and wireless HP 5741 printer so I can print without the printer cord, I uninstalled the drivers after trying just about every other option. Now when I try to add a device the window pops up for an instant and goes away. Same thing in...
  5. Unable to Add Device printer

Unable to Add Device printer: In an effort to reconnect my HP laptop and wireless HP 5741 printer so I can print without the printer cord, I uninstalled the drivers after trying just about every other option. Now when I try to add a device the window pops up for an instant and goes away. Same thing in...
  6. Unable to Add Device printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?

Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?: I set up a Canon MF753cdw printer with my Windows 11 pc. When I view the printer in printers and scanners, I don't have an option to scan. When I try to add devices, no scanner appears. How do I enable scanning on this device?...
  8. Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?: I set up a Canon MF753cdw printer with my Windows 11 pc. When I view the printer in printers and scanners, I don't have an option to scan. When I try to add devices, no scanner appears. How do I enable scanning on this device?...
  9. 'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working

'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working: Hi,I am facing an issue where my Bluetooth seems to work fine but I can no longer add any new Bluetooth devices. Similarly, I can no longer add any new printers.First the Bluetooth, the problem occurs when I click the "add Bluetooth or other device" button, the small window...
  10. 'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working: Hi,I am facing an issue where my Bluetooth seems to work fine but I can no longer add any new Bluetooth devices. Similarly, I can no longer add any new printers.First the Bluetooth, the problem occurs when I click the "add Bluetooth or other device" button, the small window...