Windows 10: Devices and Printers

Discus and support Devices and Printers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I use a Lenovo laptop user. System info- Intel core i3 7th Gen The operating system used is Windows 10. So there's a problem which I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SignificantRob0, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Devices and Printers

Hello,

I use a Lenovo laptop user.

System info-

Intel

core i3

7th Gen

The operating system used is Windows 10. So there's a problem which I am facing. I just recently downloaded Realtek audio manager. And I updated my drivers. And usually when i use my voice recorder, there is no problem I am facing. But, when I need to use it in apps like Google Chrome, Whats app, etc. It asks me for the permission to use my microphone. So, when its needed I do give them the access but still chrome says that my microphone is not working properly and it says that it is not able to detect any voice.

Please reply to my question because I really need the solution to this problem.

Thanks

:)

SignificantRob0, Mar 23, 2020

2. Printer

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to use these steps and check:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Devices and Printers and then tap or click Devices and Printers.
    • Press and hold or right-click the printer you want to use, and then tap or click
      Set as default printer.
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Printer not printing after installing the device on the PC on Windows 10.

Hi Yitzchak,

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the printer as a work around and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the printer:

• Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the “Printer” device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for
      this device
      ” you may select that and then remove its drivers from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

You may also uninstall any related software provided by the printer manufacturer from the computer from “Programs and Features”. For this, you may follow these steps:

• Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard and select “Programs and Features” from that list.

• Search for any software provided by the printer manufacturer in the program list and if available, you may select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

Step 2: Install a Printer

Refer to the below link about: Install a printer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/install-printer#install-printer=windows-8

Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Devices and Printers

No printer drive available for Printer under Devices and Printer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you see “No drivers available” for printer under Devices and Printers in Control Panel. However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• What is the make and model of the printer?
    • Are you able to print documents using the printer?
    • When you say, “Is this why my fax isn't working” what happens when you try to use fax?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • May I know which update was installed recently? To check go to
      Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Update >> View update history.

We would suggest you to check if the drivers are installed on the computer or not. Please refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Printers and see if the printer is listed.

If the printer driver is not installed, we would suggest you to download the drivers from the printer manufacturer’s website and install them.

For more information, see
    Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Devices and Printers

1. Devices and Printers - Similar Threads - Devices Printers

2. Printer showing as Unknown Device for BESTEASY printer - I do not have drivers!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer showing as Unknown Device for BESTEASY printer - I do not have drivers!!!!!!: I am absolutely infuriated and need help!I got a new thermal printer called BESTEASY. DID NOT COME WITH DRIVERS. In device manager and control panel, it shows under software devices or "unspecified". I have uninstalled. I have reinstalled. I have tried adding a printer...
  3. Printer showing as Unknown Device for BESTEASY printer - I do not have drivers!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer showing as Unknown Device for BESTEASY printer - I do not have drivers!!!!!!: I am absolutely infuriated and need help!I got a new thermal printer called BESTEASY. DID NOT COME WITH DRIVERS. In device manager and control panel, it shows under software devices or "unspecified". I have uninstalled. I have reinstalled. I have tried adding a printer...
  4. Printer showing as Unknown Device for BESTEASY printer - I do not have drivers!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. "Applying group policy printer policy": School devices getting stuck while booting from a login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Applying group policy printer policy": School devices getting stuck while booting from a login: Greetings,I work at a school in Australia. Just recently, when a student or staff logs into a laptop that is joined to the schools domain, it will get stuck on "applying group policy printer policy" for roughly 10-15 minutes.At first, we believed it was printers that were...
  6. "Applying group policy printer policy": School devices getting stuck while booting from a login

"Applying group policy printer policy": School devices getting stuck while booting from a login: Greetings,I work at a school in Australia. Just recently, when a student or staff logs into a laptop that is joined to the schools domain, it will get stuck on "applying group policy printer policy" for roughly 10-15 minutes.At first, we believed it was printers that were...
  7. Unable to Add Device printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Add Device printer: In an effort to reconnect my HP laptop and wireless HP 5741 printer so I can print without the printer cord, I uninstalled the drivers after trying just about every other option. Now when I try to add a device the window pops up for an instant and goes away. Same thing in...
  8. Unable to Add Device printer

Unable to Add Device printer: In an effort to reconnect my HP laptop and wireless HP 5741 printer so I can print without the printer cord, I uninstalled the drivers after trying just about every other option. Now when I try to add a device the window pops up for an instant and goes away. Same thing in...
  9. Unable to Add Device printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?

Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?: I set up a Canon MF753cdw printer with my Windows 11 pc. When I view the printer in printers and scanners, I don't have an option to scan. When I try to add devices, no scanner appears. How do I enable scanning on this device?...