Windows 10: devices and scanners

Discus and support devices and scanners in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how do I get the windows 10 to recognise my Kyocera printer/scanner machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by itebogengMaebele, Aug 27, 2018.

1. devices and scanners

how do I get the windows 10 to recognise my Kyocera printer/scanner machine

:)

itebogengMaebele, Aug 27, 2018

2. Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Aug 27, 2018
  3. ARichard Win User
    Epson 1200 scanner now working! Very pleased.

Worked perfectly,
    • Installed 2400 series driver (when it asked what model I had I also picked, 1270 and 4180 since these had the Slide scanner interface I thought it might add a few extra drivers)
    • Restarted PC
    • Needed to use Device manager 'Updated driver'
    • Assign 2400 driver. (See attached image)
    • Be sure scanner is powered on so it appears in device manager.

Tested the Slide scanner attachment, I used PRO mode and it was discovered.
    I had to use the plastic blackout slide holder (for masking the slide) to find the slide though.

devices and scanners [​IMG]

Hope this helps others, Thanks again for the step by step! *Smile

ARichard, Aug 27, 2018
  4. devices and scanners

Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

devices and scanners

1. devices and scanners - Similar Threads - devices scanners

2. Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...: Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows Hello never finds it. On bootup the Microsoft brand Microsoft Fingerprint scanner does a quick light up and then goes dark. I've tried windows Hello. I have windows 11 Pro 10-02-22631...
  3. Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...: Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows Hello never finds it. On bootup the Microsoft brand Microsoft Fingerprint scanner does a quick light up and then goes dark. I've tried windows Hello. I have windows 11 Pro 10-02-22631...
  4. win10 USB sees Flashdrives but not other USB devices, scanner, Pantum printer, Garmin GPS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win10 USB sees Flashdrives but not other USB devices, scanner, Pantum printer, Garmin GPS?: win10 USB sees Flashdrives but not other USB devices, scanner, Pantum M6552NWprinter, Garmin GPS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-usb-sees-flashdrives-but-not-other-usb/434c11ca-526f-4703-b0e2-4ebfe87fc0ea
  5. win10 USB sees Flashdrives but not other USB devices, scanner, Pantum printer, Garmin GPS?

win10 USB sees Flashdrives but not other USB devices, scanner, Pantum printer, Garmin GPS?: win10 USB sees Flashdrives but not other USB devices, scanner, Pantum M6552NWprinter, Garmin GPS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-usb-sees-flashdrives-but-not-other-usb/434c11ca-526f-4703-b0e2-4ebfe87fc0ea
  6. win10 USB sees Flashdrives but not other USB devices, scanner, Pantum printer, Garmin GPS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. ERROR IS A TRIANGLE WITH AN EXCLAMATION POINT. UNDER THE [ SCSI SCANNER DEVICES. TURNED...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERROR IS A TRIANGLE WITH AN EXCLAMATION POINT. UNDER THE [ SCSI SCANNER DEVICES. TURNED...: PLEASE HELP WITH ISSUES. CAN'T SEEM TO GET MY PRINTER/SCANNER TO CONNECT BY WIFI.COMPUTER SHOWS PRINTER CONNECTED AND ON DEFUALT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-is-a-triangle-with-an-exclamation-point/f54b9023-7ca1-48cf-92ff-d1134e7ee648
  8. ERROR IS A TRIANGLE WITH AN EXCLAMATION POINT. UNDER THE [ SCSI SCANNER DEVICES. TURNED...

ERROR IS A TRIANGLE WITH AN EXCLAMATION POINT. UNDER THE [ SCSI SCANNER DEVICES. TURNED...: PLEASE HELP WITH ISSUES. CAN'T SEEM TO GET MY PRINTER/SCANNER TO CONNECT BY WIFI.COMPUTER SHOWS PRINTER CONNECTED AND ON DEFUALT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-is-a-triangle-with-an-exclamation-point/f54b9023-7ca1-48cf-92ff-d1134e7ee648
  9. Fingerprint scanner not showing in device manager and biometrics in settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner not showing in device manager and biometrics in settings.: I have a fingerprint reader on the back of my device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-scanner-not-showing-in-device-manager/11e7b7d2-075c-4946-bdc1-49eace4ef387
  10. Fingerprint scanner not showing in device manager and biometrics in settings.

Fingerprint scanner not showing in device manager and biometrics in settings.: I have a fingerprint reader on the back of my device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-scanner-not-showing-in-device-manager/11e7b7d2-075c-4946-bdc1-49eace4ef387