Windows 10: Devices going crazy

Discus and support Devices going crazy in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, Yesterday I've tried to plug in my Game pad and play some games but... I've figured out that my Game pad is recognized as a Mouse. I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LefterisCharokopos, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Devices going crazy

Hello all,

Yesterday I've tried to plug in my Game pad and play some games but... I've figured out that my Game pad is recognized as a Mouse. I would like to mention that 1 month ago (last time I've used it) I didn't have any issue. Also I would like to mention that Devices are looking pretty messed up. My Mouse is being portrait as a Keyboard and my Keyboard has a strange name "USB Device".

Unplugging all of the Devices didn't fix the portraits or the names. Restart and Updates also didn't fix anything.

So now I am wondering what happened suddenly and 1 month after my Game pad cannot be recognized, and why all USB Devices are so messed up.

Thank you in advance.

:)

LefterisCharokopos, Nov 12, 2018
  2. Ruz San Win User

Windows 10 - fonts going crazy

Hi,

Let's find out why this happened on your Windows 10 tablet. Please provide answers to the following:

• Did you make any changes in your settings before you last turned off your device?
    • Was there a recent update that was installed?

This could just be a result of your settings for the text size being altered. To correct it, please follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Appearance and Personalization.
    • Select Display.
    • Under Change only the text size, choose the item with the text size you want to resize.
    • Lower down the size number for that item.
    • Click Apply.
    We suggest you select 9 as the size for all items since this is the standard size that Windows uses.

Let us know if you need more help.

Ruz San, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    please help!! USB port going crazy

Hi James,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. Follow the Methods below and check if that helps.

Method 1: Run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Right click on the start menu and select control panel.
    • In the category select small icons.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Please follow the steps to
    run System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    As you have mentioned that you have reinstalled Windows 10; it might be hardware issue if the about steps didn't help in resolving the problem I suggest you to contact PC manufacturer for further support. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 12, 2018
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Devices going crazy

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • Devices going crazy [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

Thema:

Devices going crazy

1. Devices going crazy - Similar Threads - Devices going crazy

2. BSOD Going crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Going crazy: I have done everything I can find on the subject of BSOD multiple errors, random.RAM - OKDrives - OKDrivers - UpdatedChipset - Updated to currentMemory dmp - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjQkdFsggUhD0h6v3uX4mF19jcvs?e=JnSStw includes MTBRunning:AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60...
  3. BSOD Going crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Going crazy: I have done everything I can find on the subject of BSOD multiple errors, random.RAM - OKDrives - OKDrivers - UpdatedChipset - Updated to currentMemory dmp - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjQkdFsggUhD0h6v3uX4mF19jcvs?e=JnSStw includes MTBRunning:AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60...
  4. screen going crazy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen going crazy: first what looks like bubbles appear across the top of my screen, second my mouse disappears, third screen will zoom in and out, random dropdown menus will appear or random windows will open and close, finally I have to power off and back on to regain control....
  5. Fan going crazy . . .

in Windows 10 Support
    Fan going crazy . . .: Hi: My ASUS laptop fan has gone crazy lately. It runs wide open for a half a minute or more then shuts down to an idle, then goes up full blast again after a half a minute or so. It never ramps up or down, it's either idling or wide open. A complete restart doesn't help....
  6. Mouse is going crazy.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mouse is going crazy.: My doesn't click with certain programs. I can play my game fine, but I can't use my calculator or navigate my settings with it. It highlights what I'm pointing to, but it won't click....
  7. 365 going crazy

in Microsoft Office and 365
    365 going crazy: Recently, I have been unable to access my files without "signing in." When I click on "Sign in" I get a box asking me to insert my phone # or email. I am intermittently unable to type in the space provided. Should I chance to hit it just right, I then get a message that I...
  8. SCVHOST GOING CRAZY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SCVHOST GOING CRAZY: Please help me, I really hate scvhost it makes my gaming experience become lag it consumes a lot of internet connection and consume more priority than my dota2. some people say its windows update, but ive downloaded all of the update, please help me to permanently kill...
  9. Cursor is going crazy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor is going crazy: My cursor is flying all over the screen and there is a ghost cicle on the edge that is pulsing. When i have shut fown its okay gor a little bit the starts up again...
  10. music player going crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    music player going crazy: I'm heaving a problem with all audio and video when i try to play something in my vlc or any player it plays but when i click on it go's crazy and jumps and will not let me play anything and vedio do's the same if it is a bug i can not find it and i cant go back on my windows...