Windows 10: Devices menu closes out Settings applet

Discus and support Devices menu closes out Settings applet in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've had a problem for a little over a month with two separate Windows 10 installs. When I go into Settings and choose "Devices" to add or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Farvneho, May 1, 2019.

1. Farvneho Win User

Devices menu closes out Settings applet

Hello,

I've had a problem for a little over a month with two separate Windows 10 installs. When I go into Settings and choose "Devices" to add or repair a Bluetooth device, the Settings applet immediately closes. The only way I'm able to add Bluetooth devices is through Control Panel/Devices and Printers.

If I search for other subcategories in the Devices menu, such as printers, I'm able to access those. However, if from there I click on Bluetooth, the applet closes.

No errors appear in Event log.

My Bluetooth controller is a Broadcom BCM20702 from the USB dongle by Kinivo (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Q45EF4).

The problem persists even when the Bluetooth device is not present.

I'm running 1809 / Build 17763.437

:)

Farvneho, May 1, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Start Menu Not Closing

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the step below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check for the latest updates and install.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    Step 2: I suggest you to run
    Start menu troubleshooter. After you've completed the troubleshooter, restart your device.

Step 3: I suggest you to perform
    System File Checker
    (SFC) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, May 1, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 1, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, May 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Devices menu closes out Settings applet - Similar Threads - Devices menu closes

2. "Pen Menu" in taskbar settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Pen Menu" in taskbar settings is greyed out: Hi,I'm unable to click on the "Pen menu" in the taskbar settings.Device Information: Surface Book 3 with Windows 11Stylus: Surface Pro X PenPlease suggest a solution for this.Regards,Sahil Parmar...
  3. "Pen Menu" in taskbar settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Pen Menu" in taskbar settings is greyed out: Hi,I'm unable to click on the "Pen menu" in the taskbar settings.Device Information: Surface Book 3 with Windows 11Stylus: Surface Pro X PenPlease suggest a solution for this.Regards,Sahil Parmar...
  4. Can't find Devices and Printers control panel applet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find Devices and Printers control panel applet?: I've been trying to find the Devices and Printers control panel applet but can't find it anywhere by search or by directly typing it in in Explorer. I'm on Version 2004, was it removed recently? submitted by /u/tgp1994 [link] [comments]...
  5. QTTabBar Text Cut Out in Settings Menu

QTTabBar Text Cut Out in Settings Menu: Running QtTabBar v1040 on Win10 Pro/1089. In the options dialog box, the the default font size of the words seems to be too large. Note that in the left-hand navigation panel, some of the longer words are cut off and the icons overlay the words. Note in the Tab options, the...
  6. Settings close immediately and start menu 'critical error'

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings close immediately and start menu 'critical error': Hello it's me Reggie. I was trying to play Animal Crossing: New Leaf on my Nintendo 3DS when all of a sudden I tried to use the start menu on my Windows 10 and got a message saying "Critical Error. Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in."...
  7. QTTabBar Text Cut Out in Settings Menu

QTTabBar Text Cut Out in Settings Menu: Running QtTabBar v1040 on Win10 Pro/1089. In the options dialog box, the the default font size of the words seems to be too large. Note that in the left-hand navigation panel, some of the longer words are cut off and the icons overlay the words. Note in the Tab options, the...
  8. Missing Windows Update applet from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Windows Update applet from Start Menu: My windows update applet from the start menu has disappeared. I have done the update from Win7x64 to win10x64, but don't know when problem first appeared...
  9. Start Menu -> Settings -> Grayed Out Buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu -> Settings -> Grayed Out Buttons: My laptop comes up every time with the screen brightness WAY too low for my eyes. I can go to Settings and change it, but the Apply and Cancel buttons are grayed out. Every time I restart, or even when the PC goes into sleep mode, it's right back to the too dark screen....
  10. Settings menu closes as soon as I open it. Help?

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings menu closes as soon as I open it. Help?: I just recently downloaded Windows Ten today 7/29/2015 and I wanted to personalize my computer. I opened the start window and clicked settings. The window flashed up but then disappeared. It isn't showing up in my taskbar or in task manager. I tried accessing it from the tile...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 eveytime i go to device window closes