Windows 10: Devices not accessible after Windows 1809 update

Discus and support Devices not accessible after Windows 1809 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The Windows 1809 update installed on my Dell desktop PC (Inspiron 3847) on 27 December 2018. I now see the message on taskbar "No Audio output device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by J60, Dec 27, 2018.

1. J60
    J60 Win User

Devices not accessible after Windows 1809 update

The Windows 1809 update installed on my Dell desktop PC (Inspiron 3847) on 27 December 2018.

I now see the message on taskbar "No Audio output device is installed" and no sound.

On checking the Device Manager, four (4) listed devices show warning symbols -

Sound, Video & Game controllers -

• NVIDIA High Definition Audio
    • Realtek High Definition Audio

Imaging Devices -

• HP Officejet Pro 8620 (NET) (Printer no longer accessible to print).
    • Logitech QuickCam Exrpess/Go

I checked the Properties view in Device Manager for each of the above devices and the following message shows:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Bad Image}

%hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x"

I tried updating the NVIDIA, Realtek and HP Officejet Pro drivers using the Device Manager Update Driver button and receive the message "The best drivers for your device are already installed".

Any advice will be appreciated, thanks.

:)

2. Issues with accessing playback devices after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Vohn,

As you are facing issues with accessing the playback device option on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated audio drivers, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Devices not accessible after Windows 1809 update

Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Devices not accessible after Windows 1809 update

1. Devices not accessible after Windows 1809 update - Similar Threads - Devices accessible 1809

2. failing to access device after system update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    failing to access device after system update: I just did a system update and now I can't access my device anymore. I can't use fingerprint and it tells me that my pin is currently not available, therefore I would have to set a new one. But whenever I click on that button it just goes back to lock screen. Does anybody...
  3. failing to access device after system update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    failing to access device after system update: I just did a system update and now I can't access my device anymore. I can't use fingerprint and it tells me that my pin is currently not available, therefore I would have to set a new one. But whenever I click on that button it just goes back to lock screen. Does anybody...
  4. failing to access device after system update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't access device manager after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't access device manager after update: Since the new update, I can not access device manager or the control panel. I can't restore or back up or anything. I've tried the CMD, but windows will not let me do anything as it says I have to be in the administrator mode. I am in the administrator mode. Is there anyway...
  6. No longer able to access network shares after 1809 updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No longer able to access network shares after 1809 updates: After Windows decided to spite me and install these updates anyhow, my main PC can no longer access any of my file shares on my server. I'm very angry as something this simple and widely used should not be broken in the updates. I've tried many solutions suggested all over...
  7. After update 1809

After update 1809: Hi From time to time I get BSOD with the text: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ☹ Your PC ran into as problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you XX complete...
  8. After 1809 update BSOD

After 1809 update BSOD: After updating my win 10 to 1809 - BSOD. Tried clean installation same result. And now I can`t back to old build. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-1809-update-bsod/68ddc64a-fcb4-494a-8f52-93a8d35d0735
  9. Unknown Device in Device Manager after update to 1809

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown Device in Device Manager after update to 1809: Hi, I took delivery of a new PC 2 weeks ago with 1803 installed on it and everything was fine. After updating Win 10 Pro to 1809 17763.134 a problem has occurred in Device Manager. See image below. I'm told by the computer maker it probably refers to the port that the case...
  10. No sound after windows update 1809

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after windows update 1809: Hi there, my windows installed the 1809 update, not a new installation, and since then I have no sound? I run the troubleshooter which resolves the issue until i turn off/restart the computer then no sound again? Can't seem to find the option to roll back on the update....