Windows 10: Devices not recognised

Discus and support Devices not recognised in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HP pavillion pc with an intel core i7 - 7500u cpu with a 64 bit OS. Just recently (like yesterday) it has decided not to recognise any of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kentikki, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Kentikki Win User

Devices not recognised

I have a HP pavillion pc with an intel core i7 - 7500u cpu with a 64 bit OS. Just recently (like yesterday) it has decided not to recognise any of my external portable hard drives - I have a 1Tb Lacie rugged and a 2Tb WD Elements SE. When I run EASUS partition manager it seems to be able to identify them and all of the install information and folders on them. However Windows seems to be suddenly incapable of being able to show them on the My Computer screen. I have run the troubleshooter from the control panel and although it gets a green tick nothing is ever changed. They are there but not being recognised - can anyone help?

:)

Kentikki, Sep 24, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

USB wireless mouse 'USB device not recognised'

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reason why this issue has occurred. We have some
    questions for your to isolate this matter:

• Have you tried using the USB mouse to other computer?

• Is this happening with other devices?

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you perform these methods of troubleshooting steps and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: Run the
    Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

To run the
    Troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 3:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 4:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 5: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

If the issue persists, it is possible that the
    device itself has issues. We suggest that you
    contact the store
    from where you
    bought the device.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Kem Mon, Sep 24, 2018
  3. ItWit Win User
    USB Devices not recognised.

I have two devices that regularly are not properly recognized by Windows 10 one is a Garmin GPS and the other is a DJI Phantom Drone. In the case of the Garmin the USB Drives are recognised by Windows (Confirmed using USBDEVIEW) but the software does
    not recognise the device and continues to search for it.

In the DJI case it seems to recognise the device but the software cannot access the Drone information i.e. Version Numbers etc. It also often reports errors on the SD Card inserted into the Drone but no errors are reported if the SD Card is inserted into
    a card reader.

Any suggestions that I can try would be appreciated.

ItWit, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Jenesis Win User

Devices not recognised

New SATA drives recognised by BIOS but not detected by Vista

Right, I managed to get them to show up! Yay! However, there is still a major problem. Vista does not recognise them as hard drives.

In Device Manager, they are under "Other Devices" and both are listed as "MAXTOR S TM3250310AS SCSI Disk Device". I can't install any drivers for them and they do not show up in the Disk Management panel still.

Jenesis, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Devices not recognised

1. Devices not recognised - Similar Threads - Devices recognised

2. Windows won't recognise lcd tv as audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't recognise lcd tv as audio device: I had a smart tv connected to windows pc. The pc can no longer take a hdmi cable due to repairs done to it. so i was using a vga cable for picture and a red and white with connection for sound.I assume it is an rca connector. red and white connections for tv, and one...
  3. Windows won't recognise lcd tv as audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't recognise lcd tv as audio device: I had a smart tv connected to windows pc. The pc can no longer take a hdmi cable due to repairs done to it. so i was using a vga cable for picture and a red and white with connection for sound.I assume it is an rca connector. red and white connections for tv, and one...
  4. Windows won't recognise lcd tv as audio device

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. WHY wont Windows 10 recognise my Cambridge DAC 100 USB device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY wont Windows 10 recognise my Cambridge DAC 100 USB device?: WHY wont Windows 10 recognise my Cambridge DAC 100 USB device? I have tried many drivers but my device does not even prompt windows to recognise the device or use the drivers that I have already downloaded and installed specifically for that purpose. I have recently switched...
  6. WHY wont Windows 10 recognise my Cambridge DAC 100 USB device?

WHY wont Windows 10 recognise my Cambridge DAC 100 USB device?: WHY wont Windows 10 recognise my Cambridge DAC 100 USB device? I have tried many drivers but my device does not even prompt windows to recognise the device or use the drivers that I have already downloaded and installed specifically for that purpose. I have recently switched...
  7. WHY wont Windows 10 recognise my Cambridge DAC 100 USB device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows 10 USB device not recognised/USB port reset failure spam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 USB device not recognised/USB port reset failure spam: Whilst working i suddenly got the usb reconnect and disconnect spam from out of nowhere and i tried looking up answers and even tried restarting my computer but to no avail....
  9. Windows 10 USB device not recognised/USB port reset failure spam

Windows 10 USB device not recognised/USB port reset failure spam: Whilst working i suddenly got the usb reconnect and disconnect spam from out of nowhere and i tried looking up answers and even tried restarting my computer but to no avail....
  10. Windows 10 USB device not recognised/USB port reset failure spam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware