Windows 10: devices not setting up in windows 10

Discus and support devices not setting up in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just about all my devices that include my keyboard, mouse and gaming controllers are not setting up in Win10. The message under each device listed in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulDehart, Feb 29, 2020.

1. devices not setting up in windows 10

Just about all my devices that include my keyboard, mouse and gaming controllers are not setting up in Win10. The message under each device listed in settings is, "Setup incomplete because of a metered connection". I am not on a metered connection, so how do I get around this finish getting all my devices setup?

:)

PaulDehart, Feb 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 29, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Feb 29, 2020
  4. chispy Win User

devices not setting up in windows 10

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

devices not setting up in windows 10

1. devices not setting up in windows 10 - Similar Threads - devices setting

2. Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?: I'm looking to manually change what my laptop treats the device plugged into the audio jack as. I want to do the same thing that is described in the link below, but the setting has migrated somewhere in Windows 11 and I can't find...
  3. Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?: I'm looking to manually change what my laptop treats the device plugged into the audio jack as. I want to do the same thing that is described in the link below, but the setting has migrated somewhere in Windows 11 and I can't find...
  4. Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device....: Hello,I'm having this issue when trying to login to my Dell laptop. When I start my laptop, I get the message in the first image saying my PIN isn't available. When I click on "Set up my PIN", I get the grey box on my screen in the 2nd image, but it quickly disappears,...
  5. Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device....

Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device....: Hello,I'm having this issue when trying to login to my Dell laptop. When I start my laptop, I get the message in the first image saying my PIN isn't available. When I click on "Set up my PIN", I get the grey box on my screen in the 2nd image, but it quickly disappears,...
  6. [Solved] - JUST SHUT UP "Add a Device Tap to set up your iPhone"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Solved] - JUST SHUT UP "Add a Device Tap to set up your iPhone": Does it keep asking you to "Add a Device Tap to set up your iPhone" over, and over, and over, AND OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER...?It wouldn't be a big deal if you actually COULD setup the iPhone to work with Windows 11, but you CAN'T. The integration is trash. It doesn't work...
  7. [Solved] - JUST SHUT UP "Add a Device Tap to set up your iPhone"

[Solved] - JUST SHUT UP "Add a Device Tap to set up your iPhone": Does it keep asking you to "Add a Device Tap to set up your iPhone" over, and over, and over, AND OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER...?It wouldn't be a big deal if you actually COULD setup the iPhone to work with Windows 11, but you CAN'T. The integration is trash. It doesn't work...
  8. New Manage devices under Mobile devices in settings not signing in my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Manage devices under Mobile devices in settings not signing in my account: I recently updated my Windows 11 and got a new feature. This new feature helps with mobile devices and Phone Link.It can be found on Windows 11 Settings < Bluetooth & devices < Mobile devices < Manage devices.From what I saw, your account should automatically sign in but mine...
  9. New Manage devices under Mobile devices in settings not signing in my account

New Manage devices under Mobile devices in settings not signing in my account: I recently updated my Windows 11 and got a new feature. This new feature helps with mobile devices and Phone Link.It can be found on Windows 11 Settings < Bluetooth & devices < Mobile devices < Manage devices.From what I saw, your account should automatically sign in but mine...
  10. Can I on/off device encryption setting using powershell script automation in windows home 11?

Can I on/off device encryption setting using powershell script automation in windows home 11?: I want to on/off device encryption settings in security & privacy using my powershell automation script. so it is possible or not please provide me official information on itThanks...