Windows 10: Devices on a USB hub won't work upon a system startup. Win10

Discus and support Devices on a USB hub won't work upon a system startup. Win10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought a USB hub named "Akasa Connect 7+" Is there some settings where you can enable the devices to start up with windows when you boot up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by littlebean92, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Devices on a USB hub won't work upon a system startup. Win10

I recently bought a USB hub named "Akasa Connect 7+" Is there some settings where you can enable the devices to start up with windows when you boot up your system? I have to replug everything on the hub when the system starts up, else they won't work. For example, HyperX Cloud 2 Wireless headset is not connected/ operational on system startup unless I unplug it and replug it when system has booted.I tried to google this but there were no straight answers/ topics for even a similar situation.

:)

littlebean92, Apr 12, 2022

2. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Apr 12, 2022
  3. flamer Win User
    No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Apr 12, 2022
  4. eric_85 Win User

Devices on a USB hub won't work upon a system startup. Win10

Multiple USB Hub devices not working properly on Windows 10

Hi,

I have multiple USB hub devices that are not working on Windows 10 for me. Specifically, I am trying to plug in my mouse and keyboard into a USB hub, that is then plugged into a single USB port on my PC tower. When I do this, my mouse and keyboard are recognized,
    and work, but will disconnect and reconnect within 2 minutes of being plugged into the hub. The frequency that they disconnect renders them completely useless... and sometimes they disconnect and never regain connection.

I've seen similar issues posted on these forums in the past, but have not been able to come to a solution that has worked for me so far. So I'd like to document the steps I've taken so far to narrow down the issue to Windows 10 specifically, and see if anyone
    has any further suggestions for things to try.

So I know the issue is specific to Windows 10 for the following reasons:

1. The mouse and keyboard work without issue when plugged directly into individual USB ports on my PC.
    2. I have tested 4 different USB hub devices. An un-powered USB hub, an optionally powered USB KM Switch, a Dell monitor with built in USB connectivity, and another Dell monitor with a built in KM switch, and I have tested using every single USB port on my
      PC.
    3. All 4 devices I have tested work on 2 Mac laptops without issue.
    4. All 4 devices I have tested work on the BIOS of the same PC without issue.
    5. All 4 devices work on a Linux boot on the same PC without issue.

Given that, I have attempted the following steps that have been recommended online, none of which worked for me.

1. Restarted my computer -- many times.
    2. Updated Windows to the latest version -- many times.
    3. Device Manager -> Universal Serial Bus Controller -> (Select USB Hub) -> Power Management -> Uncheck "Allow this computer to turn of device" option. (I have done this for everything under Universal Serial Bus Controller, and even Human Interface Devices
      for good measure).
    4. Same steps as above, but Uninstalled and Re-Install all drivers instead.
    5. Same steps as above, but Updated Drivers instead.
    6. Disabled "USB Selective Suspend setting" in the advanced settings in Power Options.
    7. Added the "DisableSelectiveSuspend" option in Registry Editor -- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\USB (Note. USB was not an available option on my PC, so I added it. As a result, I'm not certain that I did this properly to have an effect
      anyway).
    8. Reset Computer with Remove Everything option.

I have not yet tried a clean install, as my understanding was Resetting with Remove Everything was essentially the same, but I'm willing to give it a shot at some point, if anyone thinks it's worth a try.

So that's it. Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to provide as much information as I could.

I'll leave my relevant hardware information, despite the fact that I know it's not a hardware issue:

USB Hubs tested - Logitech 4 port usb hub, UGREEN USB Switch Selector, Dell S2716DG, Dell U3417W.

Mouse - Razer DeathAdder Elite

Keyboards - Ducky ONE and Drop Alt

Motherboard - ASUS ROG Strix X370-F

Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 2600

eric_85, Apr 12, 2022
Thema:

Devices on a USB hub won't work upon a system startup. Win10

1. Devices on a USB hub won't work upon a system startup. Win10 - Similar Threads - Devices USB hub

2. Devices on a USB hub won't work upon a system startup. Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices on a USB hub won't work upon a system startup. Win10: I recently bought a USB hub named "Akasa Connect 7+" Is there some settings where you can enable the devices to start up with windows when you boot up your system? I have to replug everything on the hub when the system starts up, else they won't work. For example, HyperX...
  3. Devices on a USB hub won't work upon a system startup. Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices on a USB hub won't work upon a system startup. Win10: I recently bought a USB hub named "Akasa Connect 7+" Is there some settings where you can enable the devices to start up with windows when you boot up your system? I have to replug everything on the hub when the system starts up, else they won't work. For example, HyperX...
  4. 4-Port USB hub won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4-Port USB hub won't work: I have a Lenovo computer with Windows 10 Pro. On the 30th of September my son moved me from Wyoming to New Hampshire. Having just received my Gateway from Xfinity I set up my computer last night and for some reason the Micro Innovations 4-Port USB Hub that worked quite fine...
  5. 4-Port USB hub won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4-Port USB hub won't work: I have a Lenovo computer with Windows 10 Pro. On the 30th of September my son moved me from Wyoming to New Hampshire. Having just received my Gateway from Xfinity I set up my computer last night and for some reason the Micro Innovations 4-Port USB Hub that worked quite fine...
  6. 4-Port USB hub won't work

7. USB Hub not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Hub not working: My USB hub is not working j5 create 7 port usb hub JUH377When I plug things into the USB Hub I hear constant connecting and disconnecting sounds and none of the peripherals appearI've tried connecting the hub to all usb ports and the same issue occursI've connected other...
  8. Windows 10 won't automatically recognize USB-C device upon startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't automatically recognize USB-C device upon startup: Hello. I am running Windows 10 64-bit, and my motherboard (ASRock Fatal1ty z370) has a single USB-C port, which i use to connect my Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII audio interface. I would say 8/10 times, when I start my computer, the interface is not detected. I have to go...
  9. All USB devices suddenly stopped working upon startup a while ago

All USB devices suddenly stopped working upon startup a while ago: Windows 10 Home, version 1909, build 18363.836. 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor. Namely can't access any thumb drives (nothing whatsoever happens when I plug them in) or use a USB mouse. Haven't tried with other USB devices. Non-USB headphones work fine. This...
  10. USB only working on WIN10 startup

USB only working on WIN10 startup: Dear Microsoft Team, I am experiencing a USB error in Windows 10 that noone was able to solve for me so far and where I have also been únable to find a solution on any expert forum. I am using a Lenovo X250 running Windows 10 Professional. My issue revolves around the...