Windows 10: devices on my IP are being blocked how do I allow them

Discus and support devices on my IP are being blocked how do I allow them in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Running Windows on HP Envy x360 laptop. Windows defender and possibly McAffee is blocking all the devices on my IP that were previously added in set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TerryClark4, Oct 3, 2018.

1. devices on my IP are being blocked how do I allow them

Running Windows on HP Envy x360 laptop. Windows defender and possibly McAffee is blocking all the devices on my IP that were previously added in set up. How do I repair or allow without having to remove each one?

:)

TerryClark4, Oct 3, 2018
  2. mike1127 Win User

firewall rule to block addresses NOT on an IP list?

I am just starting to learn the Windows Firewall (working on both Windows 7 and 10) and I'm not impressed with the inflexibility of its rules. I would like to know if

1. Is there is a way to do what I want with Windows Firewall?
    2. Is there is a third-party firewall that would do it?

What I want to do is create a rule that blocks outgoing connections, for program X, that are to a destination **NOT** in an IP list.

Windows Firewall is not very flexible in how you specify IP list rules. When you give an IP list, your rule will match that list... you can't say "trigger the rule for non-matching IP addresses." Therefore to allow outgoing connections to a list, you have to

1. Change the entire firewall policy to block outgoing connections by default so that you can create an "allow rule" matching your list. This will mess up the rest of your programs.

2. Somehow combine a block rule and allow rule. Create a block rule for most traffic, with the "allow" rule overriding it when appropriate. However, this doesn't appear to be possible in general. It **may** be possible for connections that use IPSec, I'm not sure. And I'm not sure if I can use IPSec in my application.

And is there a third-party firewall that can do it? Most 3rd-party firewalls are LESS sophisticated than Windows Firewall, because the use case they are addressing is providing an interface that doesn't require much comprehension. I need one that's actually MORE sophisticated than Windows Firewall.

mike1127, Oct 3, 2018
  3. thraxed Win User
    Firewall that can block specific IPs?

peer guardian pretty simple and will allow to import ip lists of sites/people you dont want accessing your system.

thraxed, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

devices on my IP are being blocked how do I allow them

'Allow a device to connect' is greyed out

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB Port. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check the Bluetooth Settings and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel by clicking the
      Windows + X,

• In the Control Panel search box, type
      Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

• In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the
      Options tab and do any of the following:

• To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

• To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

• To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for
      Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

devices on my IP are being blocked how do I allow them

1. devices on my IP are being blocked how do I allow them - Similar Threads - devices are being

2. how do i fix my browser downloads being blocked by my organisation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix my browser downloads being blocked by my organisation: Hello,when i try to download something from browserchrome,brave,edge ,my download is blocked by my organisation.I had my microsoft school account connected on my device,but i removed it and i get the same problem.I tried to disable everything i found related to my problem...
  3. how do i fix my browser downloads being blocked by my organisation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i fix my browser downloads being blocked by my organisation: Hello,when i try to download something from browserchrome,brave,edge ,my download is blocked by my organisation.I had my microsoft school account connected on my device,but i removed it and i get the same problem.I tried to disable everything i found related to my problem...
  4. How to Allow or Block DLNA Device in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Allow or Block DLNA Device in Windows 11: [IMG]In this post, we will show you how to allow or block or Remove a DLNA Device in Windows 11. When it comes down to the Windows 11 operating system, it is possible to share media from personal folders such as Videos, Playlists, Pictures, Music, and more to another computer...
  5. How do I block an IP address on my laptop that my ISP has blocked for me?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I block an IP address on my laptop that my ISP has blocked for me?: My ISP notified me that an IP address was blocked by them.I am looking to block that IP address in my laptop computer.I have look every where, but I cannot figure it out.Tim *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. blocked app still being allowed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    blocked app still being allowed: i searched but im tired of looking i blocked an app with the windows firewall, blocking all inbound and outbound connections to the internet yet the app is still connecting as normal. i want to completely block this app from the internet to prevent updates or transfer of...
  7. How do I block exturnal sources from being able to see my ip address and details? How do I...

How do I block exturnal sources from being able to see my ip address and details? How do I...: How do I block external sources from being able to see my { IP: } address and details? How do I , through windows, Block thisinformation from being accesed or changed to give false readings or no reading whats so ever?...
  8. blocked ip in my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blocked ip in my network: I have a new laptop windows 10 and i can't get to an ip address from laptop, but i can from router and phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-ip-in-my-network/2bb5282b-f711-463f-b41e-bc45cd372ab0
  9. How to allow a blocked application

How to allow a blocked application: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on an older Dell PC, I am finding that Windows Security is blocking applications that I trust such as HR Block tax software, Seagate backup, and Google backup and sync. I found the Microsoft help page "Allow a blocked app in...
  10. cookies how do i allow them

in Windows 10 Customization
    cookies how do i allow them: how do I allow cookies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cookies-how-do-i-allow-them/5a67a89c-d106-4730-bbf2-faf9b46f8f65