Windows 10: Devices on network cant see W10 PC

Discus and support Devices on network cant see W10 PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I just upgraded from W7 to W10 and now none of the devices connected to my home network can see my PC. I have media players (WD and Nvidia Shield)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rocks911, Jan 28, 2017.

1. rocks911 Win User

Devices on network cant see W10 PC

So I just upgraded from W7 to W10 and now none of the devices connected to my home network can see my PC. I have media players (WD and Nvidia Shield) devices and they cant see my PC. Ive worked at this all day with limited success. I downloaded every Android network app available in the Google store and not one can see my network.

Frustrating to say the least

:)

rocks911, Jan 28, 2017
  2. Senteg Win User

Can't see network devices on Windows Phone 8

This is a pity. If you had an iPhone or an Android you could get a free app to view other devices. This is where widows phones are a let down. I have an Ethernet HDD on my windows workgroup. All my PC's can see it, my son's iPhone can see it and my wife's
    Android can see it. The only one who can't see it is myself with my windows phone.

I have most of my files and downloads on my eDrive and my next phone will probably be an Android as a windows phone is not completable with windows but Android is.

Senteg, Jan 28, 2017
  3. Can't see network devices on Windows Phone 8

I wouldn't hold my breath too long. The architecture of WP8 makes a file explorer difficult. The app spaces are sandboxed to prevent apps from accessing and affecting others. That's a security concession. Potentially things could change, but as it stands,
    not in the near future. Wonder what you mean by 'When I set up my phone I made it visible to other devices."

Sven Johannsen, Jan 28, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Can they ping it? use this scanner does it see it NetBScanner - NetBIOS scanner check which is the master browser is it on the same network and have you got discovery on and is it in the same workgroup?

Samuria, Jan 28, 2017
  5. rocks911 Win User
    Unfortunately Im on a business trip and wont be home to mess with this until tomorrow.

I only have one computer in my home network. My router lists as being in my network 4 set top boxes, 3 WD players, 2 iPhones (obviously WIFI) and an iPad (also WIFI) as well as my Windows 10 PC. Is it even possible for the master browser to be assigned to any device other than the only computer in the network?

rocks911, Jan 28, 2017
  6. rocks911 Win User
    I scanned with Netbscanner and it found nothing. The program scanned the range of 192.168.1.1 - .250 and found nothing.
    So I scanned with Advanced IP Scanner Advanced IP Scanner - Download Free Network Scanner. and it found all the devices (powered on) in my network:

Devices on network cant see W10 PC [​IMG]

So I pinged the Nvidia. 4 packets sent, 4 packets received 0% loss.
    Still when I try to set up the Nvidia for a network share it cant see my network

I scanned with Lanscan and it showed that within my workgroup, named WORKGROUP the Master Browser was my Windows 10 PC

In Advanced Sharing settings I have to repeatedly turn off Password Protected Sharing. I ran into this while setting up shares with my WD player when I was using W7 on my PC. It kept reverting back to Password protected sharing, I would access it and turn it off and when I would look a minute later it was turned back on. I did this so many times I lost count. Eventually for whatever reason it finally accepted the setting. I couldnt enable sharing with the WD unless Password protected sharing was off.
    Its doing the same thing in Windows 10, constantly reverts to Password Protected sharing on.
    Isnt Windows wonderful!

rocks911, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Devices on network cant see W10 PC - Similar Threads - Devices network cant

2. I just built pc and cant see networks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I just built pc and cant see networks: I just got the ASUS ROG MAXIMUS z790 Dark Hero but its wifi is only compatible with Windows 11. I bought Windows 11 but it installed 10. Can you upgrade to 11 without internet, if so, how?...
  3. I just built pc and cant see networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just built pc and cant see networks: I just got the ASUS ROG MAXIMUS z790 Dark Hero but its wifi is only compatible with Windows 11. I bought Windows 11 but it installed 10. Can you upgrade to 11 without internet, if so, how?...
  4. I just built pc and cant see networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. cant see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant see other computer on network: We have 3 computers A,B,C on the network. A and C can be seen from all computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/50d53e2e-4ee1-4963-b52b-f4d724902710
  6. cant see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant see other computer on network: We have 3 computers A,B,C on the network. A and C can be seen from all computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/50d53e2e-4ee1-4963-b52b-f4d724902710
  7. Cant see USB stick in W10 anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant see USB stick in W10 anymore: Ive got a basic 16gb Verbatim USB stick , I did manage to see it in my w10 laptop to add music to it Now i cant see it at all disk manager sees it and so does Mini Tool I can see the files on my chromebook? its formatted as Fat32 Any thoughts Running W10 v1909 167115
  8. Cant see computers on network.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant see computers on network.: I cant get to them via \\computer name, but the machine cannot see itself or others in the list. Other can reach the machine via \\computer name, but it doesnt show up on in the networl/computer list. DNS CLIENTFUNCTION automatic DISCOVERY RESOURCE automatic SSDP Discovery...
  9. New PC's unable to see older network devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New PC's unable to see older network devices: I recently installed (3) new Windows 10 workstations at an office that is using Workgroup. The new PC's are Dell Optiplex 3050's and the Network and Sharing Center shows as Private network. All of the other PC's are Windows 7 64bit and their network shows as Work network. The...
  10. Cant see computers on network shares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant see computers on network shares: I have 3 computers on the network. All have shared folders . My problem is as follows. Lets call the computers c2, c3, c4. I am using network shares When on computer c4 , computers c2 and c3 are not listed at all under network. Sometimes I do see c3 listed but cannot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. home network w7 cant see w10

2. can see W10 shares on W7 machine only