Windows 10: Devices Show Wrong Location

Discus and support Devices Show Wrong Location in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two laptops and two desktops. ALL devices consistently show the wrong address. It is an old address/location from when I first created a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dcell, Sep 1, 2019.

1. dcell Win User

Devices Show Wrong Location

I have two laptops and two desktops. ALL devices consistently show the wrong address. It is an old address/location from when I first created a Microsoft account SEVERAL years ago. I've gone through my account multiple times making sure the correct location is listed. I actually have to disable location sharing on the two laptops because the issue causes problems. Does not matter where the devices are, when I sign into my account, they show as being located at the old address. If location sharing is active, any program from a specific device will show as being at the old address. One of the laptops and one of the desktops have never even been in that location, I got them after we moved. Searching through past questions here has been no help. Using the Map App on all of the devices will show the old address if I click to show current location.

:)

dcell, Sep 1, 2019
  2. yoDaryll Win User

Find my Device wrong location

account.microsoft.com/devices

When I try to Find my Device it shows wrong location, its like 400km away from my location.

is there a way to fix this?

*location is turned on

yoDaryll, Sep 1, 2019
  3. my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Devices Show Wrong Location

cortana , wrong location

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps.

Method 1

Firstly, I suggest you to check the region settings. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key +W.
    • Type Region & click on Region & language settings.
    • Check if the region selected in correct.
    Method 2

Turn off and on the Location settings. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W.
    • Type Location and click on Location settings.
    • Turn Off and then turn the location On and check if issue persists.
    Method 3

Ensure that Date and Time set correctly and check the issue status.

• Press Windows key + W and type Date and Time.
    • Select Set Date and Time.
    • Click on Change Date and Time Button to change date and time.
    • Click on Change Time Zone button to change Time Zone
    • Save the changes and check the issue status.

Method 4

Synchronize their system clock with Internet Time and check if it helps.

• Click the Date and Time display on the Task bar followed by Change date and time settings.
    • Click on Internet time tab.
    • In the Internet Time Settings window, mark the check box with label as Synchronize with an internet time server and specify the server name.
    • Save the changes by clicking on Ok.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Ruth Buruga, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Devices Show Wrong Location

1. Devices Show Wrong Location - Similar Threads - Devices Show Wrong

2. my pc location is showing the wrong location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc location is showing the wrong location: my pc has decided that my computer is in a different city from where I am. How do I get it to recognize my location. I have already gone into settings and the default location is set correctly. However, when I go to other sites, it thinks I'm somewhere else....
  3. my pc location is showing the wrong location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc location is showing the wrong location: my pc has decided that my computer is in a different city from where I am. How do I get it to recognize my location. I have already gone into settings and the default location is set correctly. However, when I go to other sites, it thinks I'm somewhere else....
  4. my pc location is showing the wrong location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Device Showing Wrong Location

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Showing Wrong Location: I have two Windows 10 PC's, a desktop on ethernet and a laptop on WiFi. I noticed in my Microsoft account devices, occasionally the laptop shows it is in Nashville Tennessee while I am in Arizona? If I toggle find my device if comes back to Arizona. Also, if I change my Wifi...
  6. Weather showing wrong location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather showing wrong location: Hello, I have the latest version of the Microsoft weather app on windows 10 and the location is showing the wrong location when set to detect my location. location is enabled in-app settings, privacy settings, and the icon that shows location is being used on the taskbar is...
  7. Find My Device map shows wrong location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find My Device map shows wrong location: I am sitting at my laptop in Utah, and the “find my device”map shows that my laptop is in California, where I happened to be two weeksago. What can I do to make this feature accurate? I’d like to really be able tofind my laptop if I ever need to.Thanks for any help....
  8. Windows showing wrong location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows showing wrong location: I live in Savannah, GA. But since a few weeks ago, my location has been shown as Napa, CA. I'm using Boot Camp on a MacBook Pro. macOS on the same machine shows the correct location. Apple Find My App shows the correct location. Cortana, Bing.com in Edge, Google Earth...
  9. cortana Showing weather of wrong location.

in Cortana
    cortana Showing weather of wrong location.: Hello everyone, My Cortana app is showing weather of the wrong location. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-showing-weather-of-wrong-location/c3d3b60e-dff2-416b-b068-c6d4e987d680
  10. showing wrong location of my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    showing wrong location of my desktop: my desktop is showing wrong location. how can i correct this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/showing-wrong-location-of-my-desktop/4d8f6cf4-25da-45e2-a8a2-38735a5a33e0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix windows 10 wrong device location