Windows 10: Devices signed in AND signed out

Discus and support Devices signed in AND signed out in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I would like to be able to see which devices are logged into my account. Because I use a VPN, the IP addresses and locations I use vary. In apple I can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Butterfly2020, May 10, 2020.

1. Devices signed in AND signed out

I would like to be able to see which devices are logged into my account. Because I use a VPN, the IP addresses and locations I use vary. In apple I can see the actual name of the device, even when it tells me my location is in another country. When we were hacked before, I could see the devices in gmail to verify we were hacked. Is there a way to see which devices, by name, are signed into my microsoft account and which were signed in but are now signed out? Like you can do with gmail. We don't have an active Office 365/outlook subscription right now. Our decision to get it will be based on us being able to identify the devices logged into our account.

Thank you

:)

Butterfly2020, May 10, 2020

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, May 10, 2020
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Devices signed in AND signed out :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, May 10, 2020
  4. jimhoyle Win User

Devices signed in AND signed out

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Devices signed in AND signed out

1. Devices signed in AND signed out - Similar Threads - Devices signed signed

2. Sign out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign out: Hi, I want to sign out from here but it shows my email id i want to remove this from here please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-out/c34920f7-7ff5-4259-ab74-ca36eff57724
  3. Signing in Signing out problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signing in Signing out problem: After start on computer showing "This problem can often be fixed by signing out of yours account and then signing back in. if you don't sign out now, any files you create or changes you make will be lost" how i solve this problem....
  4. Signing in Signing out problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Signing in Signing out problem: After start on computer showing "This problem can often be fixed by signing out of yours account and then signing back in. if you don't sign out now, any files you create or changes you make will be lost" how i solve this problem....
  5. Signing in Signing out problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. User sign out/sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User sign out/sign in: Do i need to sign out every time from one user to another? What if i keep both of them signed in? I need to sign out,only if the computer is running slow because both of em are using ram?...
  7. User sign out/sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User sign out/sign in: Do i need to sign out every time from one user to another? What if i keep both of them signed in? I need to sign out,only if the computer is running slow because both of em are using ram?...
  8. "Someone else is signed in on this device and must sign out before you can sign in"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Someone else is signed in on this device and must sign out before you can sign in": Hi there MS Community, I recently got a Surface Pro 5 as a replacement for a Pro 4 that decided to cook itself. Great device, but I occasionally get this nonsensical message when I try to log in after my wife has been using the Surface. This only affects logins using...
  9. WINDOW SIGNS IN AND SIGNS OUT

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOW SIGNS IN AND SIGNS OUT: Hi, A week ago when i opened my PC, i show it is asking for a check disk scanCHKDSK. So i waited for it to complete and when it was completed then i saw that window signs in and signs out automatically and it goes back to the lock screen. Nothing happens when i click on sign...
  10. microsoft sign in sign out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft sign in sign out: when I sign in to mircosoft account and after my work complete do I need to keep sign or sign out to stay away from hacker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sign-in-sign-out/6a94932c-d8eb-4b7d-aec1-94e215515968"