Windows 10: Devices-Touchpad

Discus and support Devices-Touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some reason the two finger and three finger actions aren't working on my laptop anymore. I tried to go to settings to see if I could fix it, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AbbieCulver, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Devices-Touchpad

For some reason the two finger and three finger actions aren't working on my laptop anymore. I tried to go to settings to see if I could fix it, but there wasn't an option other than related options and that wasn't compatible? Any suggestions?

Devices-Touchpad [​IMG]

:)

AbbieCulver, Jan 11, 2019
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Touchpad

Hi Denise,

To address your concern, we suggest that you check if the touchpad is enabled in Mouse Properties.

Please follow these steps below to check the status of the touchpad.

• Click Start and choose Settings.
    • Click on Devices. Choose Mouse & touchpad. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click
      Additional mouse options.
    • The Mouse Properties window will open. Click the tab furthest to the right (ELAN
      or Device Settings).
    • Under Devices, check if your touchpad is disabled. If it is disabled, click the touchpad to select it and then click
      Enable.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Devices-Touchpad

No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Devices-Touchpad

1. Devices-Touchpad - Similar Threads - Devices Touchpad

2. I2C HID Device failed touchpad not working with the latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I2C HID Device failed touchpad not working with the latest update: I2C HID Device not working, tried restarting the system, uninstalling and installing the drivers but still the same.This issue started with the latest Microsoft patch release version 23H2. Touchpad was working fine until before version. Now I am not able to use my touchpad...
  3. I2C HID Device failed touchpad not working with the latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I2C HID Device failed touchpad not working with the latest update: I2C HID Device not working, tried restarting the system, uninstalling and installing the drivers but still the same.This issue started with the latest Microsoft patch release version 23H2. Touchpad was working fine until before version. Now I am not able to use my touchpad...
  4. Touchpad, Keyboard and all external devices don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad, Keyboard and all external devices don't work: "Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings" ruined my laptop after following this https://thegeekpage.com/disable-laptop-keyboard-permanently/ guide to permanently remove/uninstall my built in keyboard everything just stop working my touchpad...
  5. Touchpad, Keyboard and all external devices don't work

Touchpad, Keyboard and all external devices don't work: "Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings" ruined my laptop after following this https://thegeekpage.com/disable-laptop-keyboard-permanently/ guide to permanently remove/uninstall my built in keyboard everything just stop working my touchpad...
  6. I2C hid device error , dell Inspiron 3580 . how to solve this problem my touchpad is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I2C hid device error , dell Inspiron 3580 . how to solve this problem my touchpad is...: I2C HID DEVICE ERROR AND HID COMPLIANT MOUSE KS MISSING .how to solve this problem I have tried many ways but not solved .my laptop is dell Inspiron 3580 i5 8th gen...
  7. I2C hid device error , dell Inspiron 3580 . how to solve this problem my touchpad is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I2C hid device error , dell Inspiron 3580 . how to solve this problem my touchpad is...: I2C HID DEVICE ERROR AND HID COMPLIANT MOUSE KS MISSING .how to solve this problem I have tried many ways but not solved .my laptop is dell Inspiron 3580 i5 8th gen...
  8. I2C hid device error , dell Inspiron 3580 . how to solve this problem my touchpad is...

9. Touchpad not working post windows 11 update. I2C HID device not working.

Touchpad not working post windows 11 update. I2C HID device not working.: Hello, I have an HP Pavillion 15-inch gaming laptop. Ever since I updated to Windows 11, my touchpad has stopped working randomly. It starts working also after 7-8 days, works for 2-3 days, and then stops working again. I have updated all my drivers to the latest version, and...
  10. Touchpad not working post windows 11 update. I2C HID device not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad not working post windows 11 update. I2C HID device not working.: Hello, I have an HP Pavillion 15-inch gaming laptop. Ever since I updated to Windows 11, my touchpad has stopped working randomly. It starts working also after 7-8 days, works for 2-3 days, and then stops working again. I have updated all my drivers to the latest version, and...