Windows 10: Devices-Touchpad

Discus and support Devices-Touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some reason the two finger and three finger actions aren't working on my laptop anymore. I tried to go to settings to see if I could fix it, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AbbieCulver, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Devices-Touchpad

For some reason the two finger and three finger actions aren't working on my laptop anymore. I tried to go to settings to see if I could fix it, but there wasn't an option other than related options and that wasn't compatible? Any suggestions?

Devices-Touchpad [​IMG]

:)

AbbieCulver, Jan 11, 2019
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Touchpad

Hi Denise,

To address your concern, we suggest that you check if the touchpad is enabled in Mouse Properties.

Please follow these steps below to check the status of the touchpad.

• Click Start and choose Settings.
    • Click on Devices. Choose Mouse & touchpad. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click
      Additional mouse options.
    • The Mouse Properties window will open. Click the tab furthest to the right (ELAN
      or Device Settings).
    • Under Devices, check if your touchpad is disabled. If it is disabled, click the touchpad to select it and then click
      Enable.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Devices-Touchpad

No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Devices-Touchpad

1. Devices-Touchpad - Similar Threads - Devices Touchpad

2. Touchpad works but cannot find it under Mice and other pointing devices.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad works but cannot find it under Mice and other pointing devices.: First of all, I'm running Windows 10 on a 2017 MacBook Air with BootCamp and I gave Windows a 125 GB partition. I want to change the touchpad settings because I can't tap to click but when I expand "Mice and other pointing devices" in the device manager screen the only thing...
  3. Touchpad does not show up in Device Manager nor in Settings, Bluetooth and Other Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad does not show up in Device Manager nor in Settings, Bluetooth and Other Devices: I have the MS Surface Pro (5th gen). I have a fintie Bluetooth keyboard with touchpad. I would like to turn off some touchpad short cuts. The settings for the touchpad do not show up at all on either Touchpad does not show up in Device Manager nor in Settings, Bluetooth...
  4. I cannot find my mouse. I cannot find and Touchpad related things in my device manager.

I cannot find my mouse. I cannot find and Touchpad related things in my device manager.: But when it works when i plug in my usb mouse. but my mouse disappears if i take it out. Also ive downloaded a driver for my touchpad but it doesnt let me install because it says i have one installed but i cant find the said installed touchpad....
  5. unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) 2 in 1 Keyboard/ touchpad not working

unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) 2 in 1 Keyboard/ touchpad not working: hi as above. Have run sfc scan and troubleshooter, have checked for bios and driver updates and found none. I've tried uninstalling usb device only for it to automatically reinstall. My device is a ProTab 2 in 1 10.1" windows 10 Home Version 1709 OS Build 16299.611. I use...
  6. Touchpad no longer showing in Devices & Printers

Touchpad no longer showing in Devices & Printers: My touchpad has stopped working and although I thought it would be under Devices and Printers I am unable to find it anywhere I am working on an ACER Aspire E 15...
  7. Upgraded from Windows 8 - elantech touchpad not even in Device Manager

Upgraded from Windows 8 - elantech touchpad not even in Device Manager: Greetings, I have an Acer Aspire E 17 - ES1-711-P1UV When I updated my OS from Windows 8 to Windows 10 I noticed that the touchpad stopped working. I connected a USB mouse to the Laptop and that allowed me to have mouse functionality. I went to Acer's website and...
  8. Deleted Elan touchpad from Device Manager

Deleted Elan touchpad from Device Manager: Hey guys, I updated to windows 10 and when i am gaming i prefer to put my touchpad(from Elan) OFF but i couldnt it kept making me move in different positions in the game when i accidently made contact with it . The shortcutkey of disable/enable didnt work since i updated...
  9. random usb device error message,mouse/touchpad not working

random usb device error message,mouse/touchpad not working: Over the last week I occasionly get a usb device not working error message, even when there is nothing plugged into a usb port. Everything is always working ok though, but a little while later 10-15mins the touchpad or if I have a mouse plugged in stop working, the cursor...
  10. Alps Touchpad Drivers Not Showing Up.. Nothing Shows In Device Manager

Alps Touchpad Drivers Not Showing Up.. Nothing Shows In Device Manager: so, i got Windows 10 immediately once it was available.. even prior to that my touchpad was going in and out, like sometimes it sticks and doesnt work, but rubbing on it with a little force got it back and it'd be fine for hours or however long. btw i have a Dell Inspiron...