Windows 10: Devices

Discus and support Devices in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Where can I find the date that I registered my device with microsoft?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CorinneRawls, Mar 24, 2020 at 7:27 AM.

1. Devices

Where can I find the date that I registered my device with microsoft?

:)

CorinneRawls, Mar 24, 2020 at 7:27 AM

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

4. IggSter Win User

Devices

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

Thema:

Devices

1. Devices - Similar Threads - Devices

2. Bluetooth Device not detected after update to Win 10 v1909

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Device not detected after update to Win 10 v1909: Hi, I am using Hp 800 g2 mini Pc. After update to Windows 10 version 1909 Bluetooth is not working. WiFi is working fine but the system troubleshooter show that there's no Bluetooth device attached to system. i fully updated the windows and drivers there is nothing left to...
  3. Help with I/O device error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with I/O device error: I'm trying to access a folder on one of my internal HDDs and am getting a 'location is not available' error stating "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error." I know this means the drive is failing. It's been a bit dodgy for some time now....
  4. After installing Canon WiFi printer, HP usb printer can be found as a usb Other Device, but...

After installing Canon WiFi printer, HP usb printer can be found as a usb Other Device, but...: All the Windows 10 USB drivers are up to date. The HP usb printer was working before the Canon WiFi printer was installed on the Windows 10 computer. The Canon WiFi printer connects via the gateway and doesn't connect directly to the Windows 10 computer. The HP usb printer...
  5. Windows 10 Dell Laptop will not open majority of websites when other devices on the same...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Dell Laptop will not open majority of websites when other devices on the same...: Hello Everyone, I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 and a few days ago I started having issues using most webpages. If I want to load something as simple as Gmail the webpage will just be loading and never open the email interface. Very few webpages such as youtube load...
  6. No output device detected and device manger blocked by the administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    No output device detected and device manger blocked by the administrator: Hi! I'm having some troubles with my sound device. Yesterday I restart my laptop for a windows update, when the update finish I try to use my laptop again but the sound was gone. I check and it seems I no longer have audio devices on my laptop but I have it before the...
  7. my device can not be sleep

my device can not be sleep: when i select sleep or close the lid , my device shutting down . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-device-can-not-be-sleep/63830867-ce4b-4b51-8623-59133c45eb49
  8. my installed webcam from toshiba is not being found in the device manager

my installed webcam from toshiba is not being found in the device manager: my laptop is not showing any pre-installed webcams. All it shows is my logitec plugged into the usb drive. device manager does not even have the camera icon in it's list how do I get it back?...
  9. how do I delete emails on all my devices at once?

how do I delete emails on all my devices at once?: want to delete emails on a laptop, ipad & iphone at the same time.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-emails-on-all-my-devices-at-once/681b50a5-b62e-4a8d-ae9e-d7ab09abbaf2
  10. USB Hub / Device / Drive / Thumb Drive not recognized - Solved

USB Hub / Device / Drive / Thumb Drive not recognized - Solved: If your device was working fine in Windows 7 and earlier and/or on the Mac platform but now not working in Windows 10: Control Panel > Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Right - Click on any/all Hubs you suspect In the window that pops up Click on the...