Windows 10: DeviceSetupManager Error 162 Repeating Constantly

Discus and support DeviceSetupManager Error 162 Repeating Constantly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having an error 162 event log error constantly in my event log. I've spoken to microsoft support, and the only info I had was that it was going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kaien294, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Kaien294 Win User

DeviceSetupManager Error 162 Repeating Constantly

I'm having an error 162 event log error constantly in my event log. I've spoken to microsoft support, and the only info I had was that it was going to be fixed in 'upcoming updates'. Does anybody have any tips on resolving this? It only began happening after I updated the touchpad driver on my hp pavilion laptop....however I've noticed no issues with the 'SynTPCPLDApp' which seems to be causing the problem, both the touchpad interface and in daily usage.

:)

Kaien294, Apr 30, 2019
  2. Skipher Win User

A series of DeviceSetupManager warnings in Windows 10 event logs

I have been "cleaning up" Windows 10, and I'm noticing a series of warnings in the Event Viewer every time I start Windows. And they are in the following order.

It seems that Event 202 repeats every other instance until I finally get the error: Event 131. What would I have to do to fix these problems, so they stop showing up every time in Event Viewer?

Skipher, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Repeated Crashes and Boot Errors Apparently Caused by Driver Updates

DeviceSetupManager Error 162 Repeating Constantly [​IMG]

DeviceSetupManager Error 162 Repeating Constantly [​IMG]

Still no boot. Moving on to the next step.

Borromaeus, Apr 30, 2019
  4. DeviceSetupManager Error 162 Repeating Constantly

Delta but no error

Step up the clock by ~2-3MHz, and see if you get any more artifacts. Repeat.

C&C Freak 2K, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

DeviceSetupManager Error 162 Repeating Constantly

1. DeviceSetupManager Error 162 Repeating Constantly - Similar Threads - DeviceSetupManager Error 162

2. Numerous DeviceSetupManager, ServiceControlManager Errors - PC intermittently crashing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numerous DeviceSetupManager, ServiceControlManager Errors - PC intermittently crashing...: My PC will crash while gaming at random, sometimes not at all full day. I see many devicesetupmanager 131 errors and 201 warnings. There are also ServiceControlManager errors 7023 7031 7034. There is also DistributedCOM warnings on boot.The crashing began at the end of...
  3. Numerous DeviceSetupManager, ServiceControlManager Errors - PC intermittently crashing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Numerous DeviceSetupManager, ServiceControlManager Errors - PC intermittently crashing...: My PC will crash while gaming at random, sometimes not at all full day. I see many devicesetupmanager 131 errors and 201 warnings. There are also ServiceControlManager errors 7023 7031 7034. There is also DistributedCOM warnings on boot.The crashing began at the end of...
  4. BSOD - Memory Management / DeviceSetupManager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Memory Management / DeviceSetupManager: Hi,I just got a brand new setup built and a BSOD error keeps popping at least once a day.The BSOD is "memory management"On the event visualizer it says "Source: DeviceSetupManager" and "Event ID: 131"How do I proceed to solve this?...
  5. BSOD - Memory Management / DeviceSetupManager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - Memory Management / DeviceSetupManager: Hi,I just got a brand new setup built and a BSOD error keeps popping at least once a day.The BSOD is "memory management"On the event visualizer it says "Source: DeviceSetupManager" and "Event ID: 131"How do I proceed to solve this?...
  6. DeviceSetupManager Errors (Event IDs 131, 200, 201 & 202)

in Windows 10 Support
    DeviceSetupManager Errors (Event IDs 131, 200, 201 & 202): Hello, Googling this issue seemed a lot more common a few years back, including on this forum. I am getting the same errors and warnings every time I boot my PC, and whenever I click on ' Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers'. Error 131 says: "Metadata...
  7. DeviceSetupManager Error ID 131. Constant freezing and restart of PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DeviceSetupManager Error ID 131. Constant freezing and restart of PC.: Hi, i'm having problems with windows 10 lately. I'm experiencing constant freezing and the only way to get back to "normal" for few time due the constantly problem is restarting the PC directly from the case. Event viewer show me this error ID 131: DeviceSetupManager....
  8. Event Error 131-DeviceSetupManager-Metadata staging failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Error 131-DeviceSetupManager-Metadata staging failed: I have recently been besieged with numerous 'Event Viewer Errors 131- Metadata staging failed.' These errors just appeared for the first time three days ago, and have logged over 100 same events since. Following an earlier thread, for this same complaint (...
  9. Constants DeviceSetupManager 201, 202, & 203 Warnings in Windows 10 Version 1803

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Constants DeviceSetupManager 201, 202, & 203 Warnings in Windows 10 Version 1803: In Windows 10 Version 1803, I am consistently getting Device Setup Manager 201, 202, and 203 warnings. A group of 4 warnings (202, 200, 202, 201) will immediately follow the last 4. I'm not sure when these warnings started, but they been going on for a couple of weeks at...
  10. Event Viewer Errors 131+122 DeviceSetupManager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer Errors 131+122 DeviceSetupManager: HI. I'm getting swamped with event id 122 and 131. My gpedit.msc policy of "Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings" is set to "not configured" and "Turn off Windows Updated device driver searching" is set to Disabled. Under...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SynTPCPLDApp

2. prevent devicesetupmanager warnings 202 201

3. device setup manager error 162