Windows 10: Devolo cockpit problem - not working

Discus and support Devolo cockpit problem - not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Folks, This will not surprise you but it might save someone a few minutes. I do a lot of work with Devolo powerline plugs and have a good number... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mike Farnham, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Devolo cockpit problem - not working

Hi Folks,

This will not surprise you but it might save someone a few minutes.
    I do a lot of work with Devolo powerline plugs and have a good number working around the house.
    Yesterday my network was having a funny five minutes so I launched the application (version4-3-0) on one p.c.. The program opened and there was a message in German informing me there was no adaptor connected. There was; I could see it! The adjacent desktop, connected to the same duo adaptor gave a similar message, considerately, in English. Had a quick Google but nothing came up.

This morning, same story except I connected a laptop running version 4-1-3 directly to the router (NOTE-NO ADAPTOR CONNECTED) and all worked fine. After another quick Google I took the obvious step of going to the devolo website and downloading the latest software (4-3-1) and running it. After a brief flash of, "No adaptor" in German and no plug icons all came to life as usual.

If you have any other Devolo questions please just ask. I have dealt successfully with many of them.

Mike.

:)

Mike Farnham, Aug 10, 2015
  2. auggy Win User

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f (0x0000000000000004, 0x000000000000012c, 0xffffd7803bfa1040, 0xffffd68a0bc8f810)

The minidump file showed a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50) stop error caused by the npf_devolo.sys :

BugCheck 50, {ffffc00a44001c50, 0, fffff80ce97232ed, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for npf_devolo.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for npf_devolo.sys

Could not read faulting driver name

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys

Probably caused by : npf_devolo.sys ( npf_devolo+32ed )

The npf_devolo.sys which appears to be dated from 2015, appears to be from a program devolo Cockpit and has also been known to cause DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9F) errors such as in the following link:

Driver Power State Failure on Sleep, Hibernate, Restart or Shutdown Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Can you uninstall devolo Cockpit and see if the errors resolve.

Also, make sure Bitdefender is at the latest version.

Afterwards if you are using the devolo Cockpit software you could try reinstalling devolo Cockpit using the latest version.

auggy, Aug 10, 2015
  3. tskeff Win User
    Windows 10

I changed a netbook from Win 7 to Win 10, for some reason it caused a language change (German) to a programme called Devolo Cockpit, update didn't change anything.

Removed Cockpit and had to do a restart to finish, it tries to start up to - system thread exception not handled, then same again.

I don't have a restore disk, can anybody help with this.

Thanks

tskeff, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Mike BE Win User

Devolo cockpit problem - not working

Thank you Mike.
    I have real problem with my Devolo after upgrading to windows 10.
    The LAN connection to my desktop refuses to work.
    Pinging the gateway I receive inconsistent results some go through bur most of them timed out.
    The wifi part of this Devolo adapter does not wok properly when connected also with a cable.
    When I remove the cable everything is bacjk to order.
    Any help/suggestions?

Mike BE, Aug 23, 2015
  5. Hi Mike,
    Sorry to hear your woes and would rather talk than type (so if problems persist P.M. me with your phone number). Initially, I had the same early symptoms hence the Cockpit upgrade but then mine were OK and I have a houseful of all sorts and plenty more besides. Strongly suggest you install latest Cockpit and then, if you can, and still need to, load the latest firmware which will also restore them all to manufacturer's defaults. The wireless 200s can be very temperamental and problems are usually terminal; I suspect they download the latest LAN firmware for non wifi units then become uncontactable. I have too many that are bricked. You are welcome to send me yours in rainy Leatherhead in extremis to sort.
    Best wishes,
    Mike.

Mike Farnham, Aug 23, 2015
  6. I have the Devolo 1200+ units and am having a problem with the WiFi adapter which drops connection (apparently randomly) several times a day - it's not a PC problem - when the connection drops it does so for both laptops and is unavailable to the phone either.

The units have the latest firmware applied but the problem persists. I had an online discussion with Devolo support who, in the end, suggested the units were faulty and to return them to Amazon, which I did.

Unfortunately the replacements display exactly the same problem, which is frustrating, as when they work properly they are very good indeed.

julesandsand, Aug 23, 2015
  7. Hi Jules,

Sorry you have problems. Firstly, important to say I have never had any 1200s.

All Devolos, in my experience, have drop outs although several times (once?!) a day is too many.

It is not entirely clear to me, from what you have written, whether it is a wifi issue, a LAN issue with the plug or, just possibly an IP issue with your router.

Although I use the wifi devices I prefer a wired connection where possible and, in such cases, dropouts are usually sorted by disabling and the re-enabling the LAN data communication from within Cockpit. I reckon I have to do this close to daily. Just occasionally I have to resort to switching the router off and on.

Of course many devices now have no wired LAN facility so it has to be wifi. It would be well worth loading a free utility on your laptop such a Wireshark to see if the Devolos are pushing out a wifi signal when your dropouts occur. I am not a networking expert by a long way but, presumably, it also could be down to signal interference from neighbours' wifi (Wireshark would show the comparative signal strengths) or the usual suspects such a your microwave etc.

Good luck and do get back and let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Mike.

The most

8. Devolo cockpit problem - not working

Sorry if I was unclear - the problem is purely WiFi - the LAN ports still work fine even when the WiFi is down and the non-wifi unit connected to my satellite box is unaffected, so the problem is the WiFi adapter. In fact, in cockpit the connection seems fine.

I've checked with inssider and it's not a channel clash either.

Maybe a future firmware update will fix it.

9. I think it was implicitly a wifi issue but just wanted to be sure and cover all bases. Am not entirely sure about the energy saving settings on your plugs. Is it just possible they sleep and do not kick back in? Might be worth turning the energy saving off and monitoring the effect. Just had a look at the settings menu on my old Wireless G unit and nothing else occurs. May be worth looking at other setting options on yours and experimenting?

Best wishes,

Mike.

10. I've turned off the power saving on the unit attached to the router - that option doesn't exist on the WiFi unit.

11. Fingers crossed then; how do we just know it won't be as simple as that?! What we both know is that if you're having this problem others are too unless it is from local interference. Would still keep an eye on Inssider as reckon that is going to give you the best information.

12. Update on Cockpit issue:

I was surfing the web earlier today when I lost the connection somewhere between the desktop and the router. I ran Cockpit to disable the local Devolo adapter's data before re-enabling as this is usually the easiest way to sort most drop outs without moving!
    Strangely I got the German message again so had to pull the Devolo out of the socket and reinsert it again. All good with the internet once more but still cockpit in German. I just downloaded and installed Cockpit - it seemed to install over the top of the previous installation without the need to delete it first. All fine immediately afterward; sorry Devolo - alles gut!!

Mike.

Mike Farnham, Aug 25, 2015
  13. Richard H Win User

Hi Mike,
    I have a problem with Devolo 1200+wifi / Windows 10.
    I have connected to Devolo 1200+wifi devices to my normal router and called them the same network name.
    On all my devices (tablet, phone, windows 7 laptop) my wifi works everywhere, the device automatically picks up the strongest WIFI signal and can do everything as if it was directly connected to my normal router.
    However, now I have a new windows 10 laptop and it does properly connect to my router wifi, but not properly to the Devolo wifi. When connected to the router wifi signal, the laptop can email and internet etc. without problems. But when connected via the Devolo wifi, the internet is not correct. Windows says everything is o.k. but I cannot email. When I do a speed test, it is able to ping and download, but not able to upload stuff.
    I tried everything (re-install windows, turn off and on the router and devolo devices, changed channels on my devolo wifi devices via cockpit, etc.) but no success. Do you have advisce for me?
    Thanks, Richard

Richard H, Sep 2, 2015
  14. Devolo support reckoned my units were faulty so I returned them to Amazon for replacement. The replacements had exactly the same problem - only much worse - disconnections several times per hour on occasion.

I've returned these to Amazon for a refund - definitely not fit for purpose.

Another problem I found is that whilst they seemed to be compatible with the AV500 units elsewhere on my network, in reality data throughput on these slowed to a crawl when the Devolos were connected, for example, transferring a file to a NAS drive averaged 60KB/s compared to c.10MB/s with the AV500 units alone, and streaming HD video was impossible.

I've reinstated the Solwise AV500s and now everthing works as it should.

julesandsand, Sep 2, 2015
  15. Well, firstly Jules, at least you are not out of pocket and glad you have something that works.

Richard, as stated earlier I have no experience of 1200s BUT was setting up mifi a few days ago on a Huawei unit and I have an idea. Go to All Settings/Network and Internet/Your Devolo 1200 unit (the one that states: "Connected"/Advanced. There is an option within that to "Set as metred connection". I just wonder if this is checked, thus throttling the throughput and reducing it to a minimum, rather than unchecked which I believe should be default? presumably all is good with the LAN connection to the wifi unit?

Best wishes,

Mike.

Mike Farnham, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Devolo cockpit problem - not working - Similar Threads - Devolo cockpit problem

2. Devolo does not work with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Devolo does not work with Windows 10?: Hello love good question community I got a problem! With my devolo, the Internet does not work as soon as I connect my PC to the LAN output of the devolo! I have the devolo 550+ ! [ATTACH] Lg yosha Devolo funktioniert mit Windows 10 nicht?
  3. Devolo Cockpit - Shows no devices but everything is fine!

Devolo Cockpit - Shows no devices but everything is fine!: The question is about Devolo Cockpit - the network devices all work well. This is what Cockpit frequently shows. [img] After a clumsy uninstall - it doesn't do it cleanly - a re-install and a reboot, it works correctly: [img] However, soon after it will revert back to...
  4. Devolo powerline keeps dropping

Devolo powerline keeps dropping: Hi, I have a pair of devolo dlan 1200 powerline adpaters (one plugged into router, one in kitchen). working fine for a couple of years, but the kitchen one keeps dropping out. cockpit app doesn't show it, until i pull it out and plug it back and manually add it to cockpit...
  5. Devolo Ethernet - no Internet Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Devolo Ethernet - no Internet Access: Hi. I'm from Germany and my PC is in German, so some of the stuff I write here isn't exactly how it's phrases in English. The device is a "devolo dLAN 500 AV Wireless+". My PC is connected to it via LAN Cable. That thing is connected to another of it's kind via the power...
  6. Devolo 500 Signal Strength

Devolo 500 Signal Strength: I have the following set up. Router connected to Dlan 500 duo with Cat5 cable Two dlan 500 Wifi: One located on the same floor, (Drawing Room) as the Router and one on the floor below (Xander) Using Cockpit the signal strength to Drawing Room is 200 Mbits/s and to Xander 74...
  7. Devolo Cockpit sees no PLC even though three are connected and working

Devolo Cockpit sees no PLC even though three are connected and working: I use three Powerline connectors around the house and all have worked well and continue to work well. However, the Devolo Cockpit shows "No PLC devices detected". I have unplugged and replugged etc. The system works fine but I am unable to monitor the Powerline network. The...
  8. Sky Q router and Devolo

Sky Q router and Devolo: Hi can someone help please I have been running a Sky router and Devolo 500+ Duo for some time now with no problems. But Sky has sent me a new SkyQ router and the base unit of the Delolo will not connect to the new router no matter what I try. On running the Devolo Cockpit it...
  9. Devolo problems

Devolo problems: Am running a Devolo 550+ with one additional slave. I am now trying (unsuccessfully so far) in adding a further slave - a 650+. As the main unit is slightly difficult to access I have sited the 650 next to the 550+ slave and pressed the appropriate buttons. However, the 650+...
  10. Issues with Devolo duo

Issues with Devolo duo: Hello everyone, I have been using Devolo duo 500 wifi for 3 months without any issues but it suddenly stopped working yesterday. The wifi appears on all my devices (laptop, tablet, phones) and all are connected to it but none can access Internet. On my PC, when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. devolo cockpit no plc found

2. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

3. devolo dlan 550 wifi bricked

4. devolo devises not showing on cockpit,
  5. error message devolo cockpit no network,
  6. devolo magic customization not loading,
  7. devolo cockpit firmware update doesnt load,
  8. devolo problem solving,
  9. sky q and devolo cockpit,
  10. devolo cokpit does show all plc magic 2,
  11. devolo cockpit magic 2 no plc device found,