Windows 10: DFS Error

Discus and support DFS Error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Community, For our customer, we had only one virtual Windows Server 2016 with AD, and File Service roles. Recently we deployed a new WS 2019 in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FatjonLogli, Jul 7, 2021.

1. DFS Error

Hi Community, For our customer, we had only one virtual Windows Server 2016 with AD, and File Service roles. Recently we deployed a new WS 2019 in their office for redundancy. We have DFS configured with the on-site server referral status enabled. The other server on the data center has a disabled referral status. So now we have users who complain that they cannot save files in their shared drives, which are mapped via GPO.Clearing DFS History or rebooting the user's PC clears the issueDoes anyone happen to have experienced something similar?Below is before and after reboot

:)

FatjonLogli, Jul 7, 2021

2. how to sync dfs namespace server into work folders??

we have data in DFS name space server, we need to sync DFS server with work folder, how to integrate DFS to work folder?? if its possible suggest the way to do it.

srithanigaivel, Jul 7, 2021
  3. bsilvamtl Win User
    Computer not able to access one DFS path

Hello all,

Here's the situation:

A computer doesn't have access to a DFS path. The same user can access the dfs when he tries from another computer. The drive maps is deployed by GPO. The GPO is configured for Users, not computers.

These are the steps that I followed:

1 - If I map manually the path without using dfs, it works. If I try access using the dfs path... nope.

2 - The netlogon on the computer is running (as automatic).

3 - Removed the pc from the domain and rejoining. Same issue after that.

4 - There's no \ in the end of the DFS path, and it's not an issue on other PC's.

These are the errors from Event Viewer:

Event ID: 8192

Task Category: (2)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: SYSTEM

Description:

The user 'N:' preference item in the 'GPO - DRIVE MAPS {....}' Group Policy object did not apply because it failed with error code '0x80070035 The network path was not found.' See trace file for more details.

AND

Event ID: 7320

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords:

Description:

Error: Computer determined to be not in a site. Error code 0x77F.

bsilvamtl, Jul 7, 2021
  4. DFS Error

Migration of AD and DFS from 2008 R2 to 2016

Hi all,

I have an AD in 2008 R2 server and user data like Desktop, Documents ... are saving in DFS 2008 R2 server. Now I want to migrate both AD and DFS servers to 2016. So, my question is which one I need to migrate first AD or DFS and what problems will I face
    in the process of migration. Any suggestions will be helpful.

AjithBorra, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

DFS Error

1. DFS Error - Similar Threads - DFS Error

2. How to recreate Fileserver running DFS replication and DFS namespaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recreate Fileserver running DFS replication and DFS namespaces: I am currently having issues with our fileserver which is a VM running Windows server 2016 and hosts the DFS replication and namespace of our company. I am having issues with the WinSxs folder and no type of cleanup helps resolve the issue of this folder eating up disk space....
  3. How to recreate Fileserver running DFS replication and DFS namespaces

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recreate Fileserver running DFS replication and DFS namespaces: I am currently having issues with our fileserver which is a VM running Windows server 2016 and hosts the DFS replication and namespace of our company. I am having issues with the WinSxs folder and no type of cleanup helps resolve the issue of this folder eating up disk space....
  4. DFS Referral Cache Is Invalid and Not Automatically Refreshing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DFS Referral Cache Is Invalid and Not Automatically Refreshing: After updating existing DFS-N target folders, clients Win10, Win2019, etc. with existing cache DFS-N referral gives ‘Element Not Found’ in File Explorer GUI or ‘Cannot find path ... because it does not exist’ in CLI errors. Upon investigation, finding DFS-N referral cache...
  5. DFS Referral Cache Is Invalid and Not Automatically Refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DFS Referral Cache Is Invalid and Not Automatically Refreshing: After updating existing DFS-N target folders, clients Win10, Win2019, etc. with existing cache DFS-N referral gives ‘Element Not Found’ in File Explorer GUI or ‘Cannot find path ... because it does not exist’ in CLI errors. Upon investigation, finding DFS-N referral cache...
  6. DFS Referral Cache Is Invalid and Not Automatically Refreshing

7. Failure to add new DFS domain-based namespace

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure to add new DFS domain-based namespace: Hi,I would like to add new DFS domain-based namespace but it could not be completed - "The object identifier does not represent a valid object"However, add namespaces to display also failure - "The RPC server is unavailable"But stand-alone namespace no problem.Could you...
  8. Failure to add new DFS domain-based namespace

Failure to add new DFS domain-based namespace: Hi,I would like to add new DFS domain-based namespace but it could not be completed - "The object identifier does not represent a valid object"However, add namespaces to display also failure - "The RPC server is unavailable"But stand-alone namespace no problem.Could you...
  9. Failure to add new DFS namespace

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure to add new DFS namespace: Hi,I would like to add new DFS namespaces but it could not be completed.Could you please help to fix this issue ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failure-to-add-new-dfs-namespace/14dc1fdc-ac4a-4f0a-a9f2-d21e898de3d2
  10. Failure to add new DFS namespace

Failure to add new DFS namespace: Hi,I would like to add new DFS namespaces but it could not be completed.Could you please help to fix this issue ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failure-to-add-new-dfs-namespace/14dc1fdc-ac4a-4f0a-a9f2-d21e898de3d2