Windows 10: DFS with Deduplication enabled drives

Discus and support DFS with Deduplication enabled drives in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Experts, I have 2 DFS enabled servers for file share, with 2 way replication enabled. In one server the drive that contains file is already enabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AneeshMathew3, Nov 29, 2021.

1. DFS with Deduplication enabled drives

Hi Experts, I have 2 DFS enabled servers for file share, with 2 way replication enabled. In one server the drive that contains file is already enabled with Deduplication but on the other side its not. So in my first server total size shows less than 2.5 TB but on the other server data size is over 3.5 TB. Both Servers are 2016. My question is if I enable dedupe on the other server, will that make any issues like data corruption or deletion in any servers?Appreciates your valuable suggestions..Thanks

:)

AneeshMathew3, Nov 29, 2021

2. deduplication drive storage is full

Hello Everybody

I have deduplication enabled on a drive and now storage is full so I need urgently now to free up space on this drive.

so please help me with steps in order of time.

thanks all

Ahmed Seddek Ismail, Nov 29, 2021
  3. Unrow Win User
    Unrow, Nov 29, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

DFS with Deduplication enabled drives

DaveM121, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

DFS with Deduplication enabled drives

1. DFS with Deduplication enabled drives - Similar Threads - DFS Deduplication enabled

2. How to recreate Fileserver running DFS replication and DFS namespaces

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recreate Fileserver running DFS replication and DFS namespaces: I am currently having issues with our fileserver which is a VM running Windows server 2016 and hosts the DFS replication and namespace of our company. I am having issues with the WinSxs folder and no type of cleanup helps resolve the issue of this folder eating up disk space....
  3. DFS cache issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DFS cache issue: We have a domain which has 6 different sites, 3 of the sites has a DC and a DFS server. To make this easier to see:Site A: DC + DFS + PCsSite B: DC + DFS + PCsSite C: DC +DFS + PCsSite D: just PCs, all PCs point DNS to site A plus DFSSite E: just PCS all PCs point DNS to site...
  4. DFS sizing calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DFS sizing calculator: Hi All,Is there a sizing calculator for DFS?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dfs-sizing-calculator/962efc9f-916d-4dcb-8d04-868a156d536e
  5. DFS with Deduplication enabled drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DFS with Deduplication enabled drives: Hi Experts, I have 2 DFS enabled servers for file share, with 2 way replication enabled. In one server the drive that contains file is already enabled with Deduplication but on the other side its not. So in my first server total size shows less than 2.5 TB but on the other...
  6. DFS Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DFS Error: Hi Community, For our customer, we had only one virtual Windows Server 2016 with AD, and File Service roles. Recently we deployed a new WS 2019 in their office for redundancy. We have DFS configured with the on-site server referral status enabled. The other server on the data...
  7. DFS Server Problem

DFS Server Problem: Hi Community, We have recently replaced an old Domain Controller with a new one. Our setup consists on a domain controller in our DataCenter and one domain controller in the client's office the one we replaced. Both servers, we use them as FileServers and we have configured...
  8. DFS Namespace issue

DFS Namespace issue: I've got an issue with network shares containing shortcuts of themselves. This creates and endless loop when searching, among other issues. When attempting to delete the shortcuts, I would receive errors. Using fsutil i was able to find that these shortcuts are DFS...
  9. Data Deduplication for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Data Deduplication for Windows 10: Hello, I have found a program to activate Data Deduplication for Windows 8, 8.1 and 10. Weblink is: http://www.orontesprojects.com/?page_id=371 Direct download is: http://www.orontesprojects.com/dedup/datadedup.zip They deliver a free license to register the...
  10. Windows 10 Deduplication

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Deduplication: Someone tried to activate the deduplication functionality from existing files Windows Server Technical Preview 2 in the Windows 10 version 100 130. I tried to create the file structure used in "Windows Server Technical Preview 2", but currently do not know how to create the...