Windows 10: DFx Directed Power Management Framework questions for USB Devices

Discus and support DFx Directed Power Management Framework questions for USB Devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; l 1.The USB fingerprint device, which supports Selective suspend the device enters suspend after 5 seconds, but we found that the driver of the DFx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wm6057, Jul 12, 2020.

1. wm6057 Win User

DFx Directed Power Management Framework questions for USB Devices

l 1.The USB fingerprint device, which supports Selective suspend the device enters suspend after 5 seconds, but we found that the driver of the DFx feature has more power consumption than the unsupported DFx driver .

The situation is as follows: The yellow part is what we have doubts about

Before Driver

Support DFx Driver

Is there a registered finger

OS send capture data IOCTL

Status

Status

Enrolling fingerprint

Yes

Yes

Power consumption drops after 5 seconds.

Continuous power consumption

No

Yes

Lock screen

Yes

Yes

No

No

S3

modern standby

Yes

Yes

*Manual enter S3:Power consumption drops after 60 seconds.

*use command enter S3:Power consumption drops after 5 seconds.

No

No

l Q2. Why are the power saving behaviors different between*manual enter S3Start menu -> power -> sleep and*command.\pwrtest.exe /directedfx /device”xxxx”?

l Q3. According to the above, in the specification of power consumption measurement, Which one should be the main one? Manual enter S3 or use command enter S3

l Q4. Does Microsoft have a DFx power consumption spec?

:)

wm6057, Jul 12, 2020

2. USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 12, 2020
  3. USB Device taking up too much power, must disconnect

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to reinstall the USB drivers and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key + X, and select Device Manager
    • Expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers section by clicking on the
      "+" sign.
    • Uninstall each of the devices under the
      USB Controller section by right-clicking on each one, and then clicking
      Uninstall.
    • Close the Device Manager and
      restart your computer. Windows will automatically re-install the USB controllers in your computer, without you having to do anything further. Your computer will now run USB devices properly.
    Also update chipset drivers for USB for windows 10 from the manufacturer’s website.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the
      option on the left pane.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
    Hope it helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Jose Est Win User

DFX Audio Enhancer

It seems that there is incompatibility between DFX Audio Enhancer 12 and the Creator's Update.

We strongly suggest contacting DFX Audio Enhancer 12's developers for this issue to be resolved.

Otherwise, we need to wait for future update that will fix the compatibility issue between DFX Audio Enhancer 12 and the Creator's Update.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Jose Est, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

1. DFx Directed Power Management Framework questions for USB Devices - Similar Threads - DFx Directed Power

2. How to disable USB Power Management in Device Manager with a bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable USB Power Management in Device Manager with a bat file: As the title says I want to disable USB Power Management in Device Manager with a .bat file.I have successfully disabled the USB Selective suspend settings code below under Control Panel > Power Options > Edit Plan Settingspowercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT...
  3. How to disable USB Power Management in Device Manager with a bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable USB Power Management in Device Manager with a bat file: As the title says I want to disable USB Power Management in Device Manager with a .bat file.I have successfully disabled the USB Selective suspend settings code below under Control Panel > Power Options > Edit Plan Settingspowercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT...
  4. How to disable USB Power Management in Device Manager with a bat file

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Changing the direction of USB Power Delivery PD

Changing the direction of USB Power Delivery PD: I've a Lenovo P1 laptop which is rated to output 30W over usb-c. This should be able to charge my power bank but it will only draw power from it rather than send power to it.How do I control the direction of USB-C PD on Windows 10?...
  6. DFX test, RHPROXY, waive off DFx

DFX test, RHPROXY, waive off DFx: Hi,[1] There is this RHPROXY abstraction layer based driver on windows 11. Is this DFx compliant [In other words, does the end-devices using RHPROXY pass the DFX [Introduction to the Directed Power Management Framework - Windows drivers Microsoft Docs][2] how to opt a...
  7. DFX test, RHPROXY, waive off DFx

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DFX test, RHPROXY, waive off DFx: Hi,[1] There is this RHPROXY abstraction layer based driver on windows 11. Is this DFx compliant [In other words, does the end-devices using RHPROXY pass the DFX [Introduction to the Directed Power Management Framework - Windows drivers Microsoft Docs][2] how to opt a...
  8. Question about my USB Ports and Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about my USB Ports and Device Manager: According to my motherboard documentation I'm suppose to have 6 USB 3.0 ports and 8 USB 2.0 ports. When I look at my device manager for my USB ports it shows the following below. Universal Serial Bus Controllers Generic USB Hub Generic USB Hub Standard Enhanced PCI to USB...
  9. USB Power options question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB Power options question: I have been sufferring from intermittent loss of Mouse and Keyboard connection. The mouse freezes or doesn't respond to my clicking, the keyboard does not register my key presses. This happens when I am trying to update the Windows 10 Pro with updates or new releases. During...
  10. Device Manager questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager questions: I have a couple of questions about updates to certain areas of the device manager. System is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero Viii GTX 980Ti Core i7-6700 8GB memory My question is that I see a couple of items that I am not sure if I need to update or...