Windows 10: dGPU is recognized as GPU 0 and iGPU as GPU 1

Discus and support dGPU is recognized as GPU 0 and iGPU as GPU 1 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a laptop with a dGPU. Will there be problems if the dGPU is recognized as GPU 0 (and iGPU as GPU 1) in Task Manager on a fresh install? 132032 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by VincentJoshuaET, May 5, 2019.

1. dGPU is recognized as GPU 0 and iGPU as GPU 1

I have a laptop with a dGPU. Will there be problems if the dGPU is recognized as GPU 0 (and iGPU as GPU 1) in Task Manager on a fresh install?

:)

VincentJoshuaET, May 5, 2019
  2. WinM Win User

Multi-Monitor and iGPU and dGPU usage/load

Hello, I have trouble getting my iGPU to do work when the dGPU is set as "main display".

I have an iGPU Intel HD4000 on my 3770k CPU, I also have a dGPU Nvidia GTX690 in a Multi-Monitor setup. Connected to my GTX690 are 3 monitors, and connected to my HD4000 is a 4th accessory display.

What happens is that when I play a video using VLC on the monitor connected to the iGPU, all content is actually rendered on the dGPU, then sent over the PCIe bus to the iGPU and displayed from there. I don't want my dGPU adapter to have anything to do with
    VLC when the window is not on those monitors. I want only my iGPU adapter to do work when VLC is on that respective monitor. If I move the VLC window over to a different monitor which is powered by another display adapter, I want that adapter to take over
    the work.

Example - Playing a video on the Monitor connected to iGPU:

1. When iGPU is set as Main Display then; iGPU 17% usage, dGPU1 0%, dGPU2 0%.

2. When dGPU is set as Main Display then; iGPU 18% usage,
    dGPU1 8%, dGPU2 0%.

In the first case where the monitor connceted to the iGPU is set as main display, everything works as I want it, only the iGPU does work as it outputs the video to its monitor. But I don't want to have my iGPU as Main Display, I want the dGPU as Main.

In the second case where a monitor connceted to the GTX690 is set as the main display, dGPU1 is at 8% even though no monitor connceted to this Dispay adapter is displaying anything.... For some reason Windows10 lets the dGPU do all the work and pass the
    result to the iGPU which then displays it. I want the iGPU to do all the work.

How can I assign a different Display Adapter to a program, other then the "Main Display" (which all programs default to, regardless of which monitor they actually appear on)???

Nvidia has something called "Nvidia Optimus" but is only available for mobile devices. But this is not available for desktop. Does Win10 have something like it where I can pick which GPU a program will use?

WinM, May 5, 2019
  3. having issues with multi GPU

I’m trying to offload certain apps to my iGPU on the second screen, using the new graphics settings in the recent win 10 release. the issue is it’s only showing my 1070. lists it as both power saving GPU, and
    high performance GPU.

I’ve been fiddling for a while now with no joy, and i’m really hoping one of you guys has an idea they can suggest to sort this!

I can extend onto the second screen no probs with it plugged into the iGPU, but the 1070 is still listed as both power saving GPU and high performance GPU.

Are there requirements for this? certain level of iGPU for it to work?

Thanks

Edit - setting the secondary screen connected to the iGPU to be the "main" display in graphics settings makes my iGPU show as both power saving and high performance GPU, I just can't seem to get them
    to be one and not the other.

GaryDougall, May 5, 2019
  4. Crowlord3 Win User

dGPU is recognized as GPU 0 and iGPU as GPU 1

Hybrid GPU problem?

When I click on the battery icon, or when the background changes in a background slideshow there is a slight stutter that happens. I think I have narrowed the problem down. When the stutter happens the dGPU fires up for that one action then returns to rest,
    (The dGPU uses a lot of power and is "turned off" it seems. I'm assuming that Optimus/MSHybrid does this.), instead of the iGPU handling the action. It seems that windows isn't preferring the iGPU for these small tasks. Is this is a problem with the Hybrid
    GPU function in windows? Or is the problem with the drivers?

Laptop. Metabox/Clevo P650RS-G with the i7-6820HK CPU upgrade.

Crowlord3, May 5, 2019
Thema:

dGPU is recognized as GPU 0 and iGPU as GPU 1

1. dGPU is recognized as GPU 0 and iGPU as GPU 1 - Similar Threads - dGPU recognized GPU

2. 2.2GB hardware reserved memory after reinstalling the Nvidia GPU driver iGPU + dGPU not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2.2GB hardware reserved memory after reinstalling the Nvidia GPU driver iGPU + dGPU not...: sdfsdfsdfsdfsdf2.2GB hardware reserved memory.I have a ROG Strix G15RM R7-6800H + onboard Radeon 680M / RTX 3060 Laptop GPU / 16GB DDR5 4800, and at first, after setting it up for the first time, the same 2.2GB was reserved. But after tinkering with it for a while, it reduced...
  3. Change gpu 1 to gpu 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change gpu 1 to gpu 0: I have windows 11, when i play any game, every one or five minutes i get fps drops and some lag spikes, i dont think that my laptop has problems, when i enter to see in the process manager i see that the intelR UHD Graphics 630 it's gpu 0 and uses the 3D, when my gpu 1 NVIDIA...
  4. Change gpu 1 to gpu 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change gpu 1 to gpu 0: I have windows 11, when i play any game, every one or five minutes i get fps drops and some lag spikes, i dont think that my laptop has problems, when i enter to see in the process manager i see that the intelR UHD Graphics 630 it's gpu 0 and uses the 3D, when my gpu 1 NVIDIA...
  5. How to switch my GPU 0 to GPU 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch my GPU 0 to GPU 1: Hey there!Recently, I installed new software for my AMD GPU. So I realized that my actually GPU AMD Radeon RX 6600 is GPU 0, meaning it was barely being used when I was playing and actually my AMD Radeon Graphics where GPU 1, so they where the main/primary GPU. I tried to...
  6. How to switch my GPU 0 to GPU 1

How to switch my GPU 0 to GPU 1: Hey there!Recently, I installed new software for my AMD GPU. So I realized that my actually GPU AMD Radeon RX 6600 is GPU 0, meaning it was barely being used when I was playing and actually my AMD Radeon Graphics where GPU 1, so they where the main/primary GPU. I tried to...
  7. dGPU is listed as power saving GPU instead of iGPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dGPU is listed as power saving GPU instead of iGPU: I would like to use my iGPU for some programs. Both my iGPU and dGPU are working but when I go to graphics settings and try to change my graphics preference for a program, it only shows my dGPU.Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 OS build 19044.1387 Experience Windows Feature...
  8. dGPU is listed as power saving GPU instead of iGPU

dGPU is listed as power saving GPU instead of iGPU: I would like to use my iGPU for some programs. Both my iGPU and dGPU are working but when I go to graphics settings and try to change my graphics preference for a program, it only shows my dGPU.Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 OS build 19044.1387 Experience Windows Feature...
  9. dGPU is listed as power saving GPU instead of iGPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. 0% gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0% gpu: I get 0-4% gpu utilization when using my dell inspiron laptop it makes my laptop very difficult to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0-gpu/196c0cbb-9f70-4298-9910-6b16a6c98059

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wondwo 10 power saving gpu gpu 0 or gpu 1