Windows 10: DHCP Being Disabled causes my wifi to not work

Discus and support DHCP Being Disabled causes my wifi to not work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Title says all. When I try to apply the ipv4 internal IP I want, it makes my wifi not work. No matter what IP I set it to. This was not the case a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ConnorXS, Aug 20, 2019.

1. ConnorXS Win User

DHCP Being Disabled causes my wifi to not work

Title says all. When I try to apply the ipv4 internal IP I want, it makes my wifi not work. No matter what IP I set it to.

This was not the case a few months ago. This problem only arose recently.

:)

ConnorXS, Aug 20, 2019

2. Lan disconnects frequently on wifi router

I have tenda wifi router,

i tried disabling dhcp server but it didn't worked.

smartali89, Aug 20, 2019
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Disabled wifi qualcomm atheros

Hi there

This method often works

1) in Settings switch WI-FI OFF
    2) in control panel (still works !! --right mouse click on start button -->hardware--devices--network_adapters -- select DISABLE.
    3) (Optional step but it's better to do it) - re-boot computer
    4) Back to control panel now RE-ENABLE the wifi adapter
    5) back to settings - set wifi switch to ON

Now you should see a list of local Wi-Fi networks including yours
    6) Connect.

Ensure also you haven't got anything near your laptop which could interfere with Wifi signal such as microwave ovens, TV senders etc etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 20, 2019
  4. silkstone Win User

At my wits end with WiFi

I did the sme, with the WAP, i disabled DHCP, and assigned a static IP (192.168.1.2), the adsl router already has a static ip set. i followed th guide here: Wireless access point - DD-WRT Wiki to a T, both with and without the reccommended/optional steps.

Still no joy, and i still can't get my desktop to see the wifi router, wth default settings and a direct connection. My laptop views the wifi router fine, with default settings.

Ok i figured i missed a step when changing to the DD-WRT firmware. I didn;t upgrade to the latest version. i'm doing that now, and i'll try to set it up again.

silkstone, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

1. DHCP Being Disabled causes my wifi to not work - Similar Threads - DHCP Being Disabled

2. Why does disabling WiFi cause shut-down problems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does disabling WiFi cause shut-down problems?: Dell Inspiron 3880 - Shutdown problemsI have been having problems with this computer not shutting down properly. The screen goes black, but the power light stays on and motherboard stays powered up, as evidenced by LED lights on a PCIe card. This is not 'sleep' because once I...
  3. Why does disabling WiFi cause shut-down problems?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does disabling WiFi cause shut-down problems?: Dell Inspiron 3880 - Shutdown problemsI have been having problems with this computer not shutting down properly. The screen goes black, but the power light stays on and motherboard stays powered up, as evidenced by LED lights on a PCIe card. This is not 'sleep' because once I...
  4. work around for SMB being disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    work around for SMB being disabled: Microsoft has determined that "SMB 1.0/CIFS Client" has a security issue and has disabled it.Without this feature my home network becomes inoperable. I have attempted to find a way for a home network to operate with shared printers, etc., but have had no luck as yet. There...
  5. work around for SMB being disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    work around for SMB being disabled: Microsoft has determined that "SMB 1.0/CIFS Client" has a security issue and has disabled it.Without this feature my home network becomes inoperable. I have attempted to find a way for a home network to operate with shared printers, etc., but have had no luck as yet. There...
  6. work around for SMB being disabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. DHCP working, Network does not

DHCP working, Network does not: My windows 10 system stopped accessing the network a couple of days ago. Now, it will not communicate externally after initial DHCP set-up. ping returns general failure. Have reset/deleted network drivers/settings. I even updated to the latest Win10 update. No change. I can...
  8. How do I set up a laptop with a static address no DHCP for work WiFi network but DHCP for...

How do I set up a laptop with a static address no DHCP for work WiFi network but DHCP for...: I have a Windows 10 20H2 laptop that I use on several WiFi networks getting address settings by DHCP, but I also use it on a work network without DHCP, which uses static address settings. I have tried various ways of setting it up, and it seems that I have to manually create...
  9. dhcp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dhcp: what am i supposed to do? "dhcp lease expires july 5, 2019" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dhcp/a345fed5-e602-4535-9e73-4eea0c79fb91
  10. DHCP

DHCP: The IP address lease 192.168.1.3 for the Network Card with network address 0xD89EF326F842 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message). Need an explanation on this error...