Windows 10: DHCP Being Disabled causes my wifi to not work

Discus and support DHCP Being Disabled causes my wifi to not work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Title says all. When I try to apply the ipv4 internal IP I want, it makes my wifi not work. No matter what IP I set it to. This was not the case a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ConnorXS, Aug 20, 2019.

1. ConnorXS Win User

DHCP Being Disabled causes my wifi to not work

Title says all. When I try to apply the ipv4 internal IP I want, it makes my wifi not work. No matter what IP I set it to.

This was not the case a few months ago. This problem only arose recently.

:)

ConnorXS, Aug 20, 2019

2. Lan disconnects frequently on wifi router

I have tenda wifi router,

i tried disabling dhcp server but it didn't worked.

smartali89, Aug 20, 2019
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Disabled wifi qualcomm atheros

Hi there

This method often works

1) in Settings switch WI-FI OFF
    2) in control panel (still works !! --right mouse click on start button -->hardware--devices--network_adapters -- select DISABLE.
    3) (Optional step but it's better to do it) - re-boot computer
    4) Back to control panel now RE-ENABLE the wifi adapter
    5) back to settings - set wifi switch to ON

Now you should see a list of local Wi-Fi networks including yours
    6) Connect.

Ensure also you haven't got anything near your laptop which could interfere with Wifi signal such as microwave ovens, TV senders etc etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 20, 2019
  4. silkstone Win User

At my wits end with WiFi

I did the sme, with the WAP, i disabled DHCP, and assigned a static IP (192.168.1.2), the adsl router already has a static ip set. i followed th guide here: Wireless access point - DD-WRT Wiki to a T, both with and without the reccommended/optional steps.

Still no joy, and i still can't get my desktop to see the wifi router, wth default settings and a direct connection. My laptop views the wifi router fine, with default settings.

Ok i figured i missed a step when changing to the DD-WRT firmware. I didn;t upgrade to the latest version. i'm doing that now, and i'll try to set it up again.

silkstone, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

1. DHCP Being Disabled causes my wifi to not work - Similar Threads - DHCP Being Disabled

2. dhcp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dhcp: what am i supposed to do? "dhcp lease expires july 5, 2019" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dhcp/a345fed5-e602-4535-9e73-4eea0c79fb91
  3. DHCP Off Causing Lack of Internet Access At Computer Startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DHCP Off Causing Lack of Internet Access At Computer Startup: Whenever I turn on my computer, I notice that it has no internet access. Running the Network Troubleshooter shows that it's because DHCP is off. I have a reason why I want to use a static IP address, though, so this is a problem for me. Whenever I switch to manual IP...
  4. My Wifi doesn't work

My Wifi doesn't work: I have a brand new tp-link router and I can't configure it. It doesn't receive Internet signal, even tough it works through Ethernet. I did run the Troubleshooter which said that my DNS server didn't respond or it's possible that it doesn't exist. Why is it possible? What can...
  5. My WiFi won't work

My WiFi won't work: Well as you can see from the title or if you didn't, well my issue is that the Wifi isnt working no matter what i do its not working ive tries everything so far and nothing seems to be working I need help...
  6. DHCP

DHCP: The IP address lease 192.168.1.3 for the Network Card with network address 0xD89EF326F842 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message). Need an explanation on this error...
  7. WiFi Connections Not Being Found

WiFi Connections Not Being Found: On my other HP Laptop which was played with by my Grandchild,, my home wifi account can no longer be found to log on to while everyone else's in my community shows up. I suspect that it was either hidden or forgotten by mistake but I do not know how to retrieve it again. I...
  8. WiFi being extremely slow on my PC

WiFi being extremely slow on my PC: I had a technician out yesterday to take a look at my modem, and, he confirmed it was backed up and slow, but, he apparently fixed it for the time being and everyone else in my house has good internet connection, it should normally be around 200mb p/s down, but on speedtest...
  9. My wifi not working

My wifi not working: In my iLife zed laptop These is pic for the problem [img] 88341
  10. DHCP question

DHCP question: What does it mean when it's said, "set your IP addresses as reserved (fixed) IP addresses outside of the routers DHCP address pool?" I have an Asus RT-AC87U and have set up a few devices for static IP's but I'm not sure which addresses would be considered outside of the DHCP...