Windows 10: DHCP client error 5

Discus and support DHCP client error 5 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to restart my DHCP client I have given full control to the local and network service under registry edit and added the NT authority/local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by lylewells, Jul 24, 2022.

1. lylewells Win User

DHCP client error 5

I am trying to restart my DHCP client I have given full control to the local and network service under registry edit and added the NT authority/local service in Powershell and still getting the error 5

:)

lylewells, Jul 24, 2022
  2. agmz30 Win User

DHCP will not start . Error 5.

Have not been able to get automatic IP on LAN because DHCP won't start .
    The error message when trying to restart DHCP is :
    "Windows was unable to restart DHCP Client service . Error 5 : Access Denied."
    I am able to connect to the internet with a static IP .
    I have no restoration points on my computer .

This is what I have tried so far -->

The usual commands :

• ipconfig /flushdns
    • netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
    • netsh winsock reset catalog
    • netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    • netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
    • netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    • ipconfig / release
    • ipconfig /renew

I have , of course , contacted my ISP and they have found nothing wrong on their side (or in the router) .

I have also uninstalled / reinstalled my network adaptor .

Have also tried modifying the registry by assigning permissions at :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DHCP\

Now digging deeper , I set the command :
    CMD /K SC QC DHCP

This was what I got (note the system is in Spanish) :
    TIPO_INICIO : 2 AUTO_START
    CONTROL_ERROR : 1 NORMAL
    NOMBRE_RUTA_BINARIO : C:\Windows\system32\svchlst.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
    GRUPO_ORDEN_CARGA : TDI
    ETIQUETA : 0
    NOMBRE_MOSTRAR : Cliente DHCP
    DEPENDENCIAS : MSI
    TDX
    AFD
    NOMBRE_INICIO_SERVICIO : NT Authority\LocalService

Any ideas? ,
    Thanks .

agmz30, Jul 24, 2022
  3. LeGoo Win User
    Unable to restart DHCP (error 5)

The ethernet I am connected o in my institution has stopped working. When diagnosed, it just says the IP configuration is invalid. I have gotten in touch with the IT department and they said everything is good on their end and the only thing they can suggest is if I restarted DHCP service.

This is a problem as "net stop dhcp" returns with the following:

The following services are dependent on the DHCP Client service.

Stopping the DHCP Client service will also stop these services.

IP Helper

WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service

Network List Service

Network Location Awareness

Do you want to continue this operation? (Y/N) [N]: y

The IP Helper service is stopping.

The IP Helper service was stopped successfully.

System error 5 has occurred.

Access is denied.

I am unsure which service is being denied. Many instructions online points towards adding permissions via the registry, I have done that but nothing has changed.

Any tips will be welcomed.

LeGoo, Jul 24, 2022
  4. NIK1 Win User

DHCP client error 5

Dhcp Client Errors

I am getting a lot of Dhcp client Errors.My internet drops out and wont connect.Here is the error I get from event viewer,like 10 or more per day..Event 1002 Dhcp client...The IP address lease 192.168.0.12 for the Network Card with network address 0x704D7B343FCB has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.0.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message). Anyone have any ideas on what this means and how to fix this.

Thema:

DHCP client error 5

1. DHCP client error 5 - Similar Threads - DHCP client error

2. Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client: Hello, I am asking if anyone knows this particular issue I am having concerning local IP address assignment. Basically, whenever my machine connects to WiFi, it reports as having no internet. Going into the event viewer, there are multiple logs from the dhcp client about IP...
  3. Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client: Hello, I am asking if anyone knows this particular issue I am having concerning local IP address assignment. Basically, whenever my machine connects to WiFi, it reports as having no internet. Going into the event viewer, there are multiple logs from the dhcp client about IP...
  4. DHCP client error 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DHCP client error 5: I am trying to restart my DHCP client I have given full control to the local and network service under registry edit and added the NT authority/local service in Powershell and still getting the error 5...
  5. DHCP client error 5

DHCP client error 5: I am trying to restart my DHCP client I have given full control to the local and network service under registry edit and added the NT authority/local service in Powershell and still getting the error 5...
  6. Unable to restart DHCP error 5

Unable to restart DHCP error 5: The ethernet I am connected o in my institution has stopped working. When diagnosed, it just says the IP configuration is invalid. I have gotten in touch with the IT department and they said everything is good on their end and the only thing they can suggest is if I restarted...
  7. Problem with DHCP Client

Problem with DHCP Client: Hello,recently I startet my computer with Windows 10 Enterprise and encountered a huge problem. Everything was super slowly, especially everything inside the taskbar was not clickable. A lot of application could not be startet and also the internet was so slow, I could not...
  8. Unable to restart dhcp client

Unable to restart dhcp client: Hi, I know there are some post about the same subject but any of the solutions provided have work for me so I'm looking for help for this problem that has taken all the day. Originally the problem started with a light cut I think at the office and all the laptops have...
  9. Dhcp Client Errors

Dhcp Client Errors: I am getting a lot of Dhcp client Errors.My internet drops out and wont connect.Here is the error I get from event viewer,like 10 or more per day..Event 1002 Dhcp client...The IP address lease 192.168.0.12 for the Network Card with network address 0x704D7B343FCB has been...
  10. DHCP will not start . Error 5.

DHCP will not start . Error 5.: Have not been able to get automatic IP on LAN because DHCP won't start . The error message when trying to restart DHCP is : "Windows was unable to restart DHCP Client service . Error 5 : Access Denied." I am able to connect to the internet with a static IP . I have no...