Windows 10: DHCP/DNS/Properties & a variety of other Windows 10 issues.

Discus and support DHCP/DNS/Properties & a variety of other Windows 10 issues. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, I have been using my Windows 10 for years, and the past few weeks it has began to mess me around and play up completely. The first thing I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tom_meeson, May 14, 2019.

1. DHCP/DNS/Properties & a variety of other Windows 10 issues.

Hi All,

I have been using my Windows 10 for years, and the past few weeks it has began to mess me around and play up completely.

The first thing I noticed was when I'd went to run something in Windows 8 compatibility mode and I right clicked on properties and nothing happened, I countered this as I am fairly competent with software and computers in general I used the command prompt and powershell to do this with commands, I pushed this to one side and forgot it occurred.

Next I noticed that I logged onto my computer 2 days ago and I am having issues with trying to connect to my network, it successfully connects but is connected however, it says 'Access type: No internet access'. I used the troubleshooter to try and resolve this and it informed me 'The DNS server isn't responding', and offers no fix.

I looked online for fixes to this issue, and I found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCSJLT-NBWw, which I tried and unsurprisingly it did nothing. I looked for more fixes, found this https://www.ubergizmo.com/how-to/fix-dns-server-not-responding/, tried all fixes and obviously was inhibited by the fact that I cannot access properties, used the command line again and nothing worked. Tried one last website, https://techwiser.com/wifi-connected-but-no-internet-access/, and yet again had no success and was prohibited fully by the inability to access the properties window.

Now I came to try system restore, and was met with this error:

There was an unexpected error:

The resource loader cache doesn't have loaded MUI entry.

(0x80073B01)

Please close System Restore and try again.

So I did as instructed, closed it and tried again, no such luck. I am now out of options and I have no idea what to do next, if anyone could offer any tips they would be greatly appreciated, hopefully something to fix both issues.

Thanks

:)

tom_meeson, May 14, 2019

2. DHCP and DNS issues

I'm sorry but this will be a long post.

A bit of history; We recently rolled out VoIP phones for a bit under 300 users. Since then, DHCP and DNS has been giving more issues. The increase in requests to our DHCP and DNS server caused alarms for performance to be triggered. I bumped up the resources
    to compensate and we no longer see performance warnings. However, the problem remains.

We are primarily running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

We are not out of addresses.

There is nothing new in the event log.

I can run ipconfig commands to temporarily fix the issue.

This hasn't effected everyone that I can tell.

It seems as though leases expire and don't renew. It occurs after reboots as well as just suddenly happens in the middle of the day. Also, reboots don't necessarily cause a DHCP address to be properly assigned.

Jarad Johnson, May 14, 2019
  3. hugobob Win User
    DNS assigned by DHCP not working

Hi,

5 days ago my wifi connection stopped accepting the assigned DNS over DHCP. I'm not aware of making any changes to the configuration that could have led to this problem, there was one windows update relating to flash and the malicious software removal tool,
    but no others since the problem has occured

Despite the network the adapter properties being set to "obtain DNS server address automatically" regardless of the network I connect to and the settings issued by the DHCP server, the DNS on my computer is set to 192.168.1.1. (other computers work fine)

I have to manually assign the correct DNS server and change it each time I change network

does anyone know what is happening?

Thanks

hugobob, May 14, 2019
  4. DHCP/DNS/Properties & a variety of other Windows 10 issues.

DHCP and DNS issues

Still looking into this. Running more diagnostics revealed a few minor warnings but I made changes to leave no rock unturned. DHCP has been less of an issue since this post was made but I still struggle with DNS issues. Unfortunately it's a waiting game
    now, I think.

For more detail on the recent issues with DNS; just this morning I had at least 3 reports from separate people that the names were not resolving at about 6:30 this morning. However, by the time I come in at 8, it's all working fine. No events seen this far
    that point to a potential resolution. Still searching.

Jarad Johnson, May 14, 2019
Thema:

DHCP/DNS/Properties & a variety of other Windows 10 issues.

1. DHCP/DNS/Properties & a variety of other Windows 10 issues. - Similar Threads - DHCP DNS Properties

2. Unable to change DNS settings to automatic DHCP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change DNS settings to automatic DHCP: Cannot change DNS Server Assignment to automatic DHCP on hardware properties of network and internet settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-dns-settings-to-automatic-dhcp/ea2d77d4-cb46-497b-b150-2d31bfd74f01
  3. Unable to change DNS settings to automatic DHCP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change DNS settings to automatic DHCP: Cannot change DNS Server Assignment to automatic DHCP on hardware properties of network and internet settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-dns-settings-to-automatic-dhcp/ea2d77d4-cb46-497b-b150-2d31bfd74f01
  4. Dynamic DNS update without an integrated DHCP in a windows DOmain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dynamic DNS update without an integrated DHCP in a windows DOmain: I am having a network where my Networks device act as DHCP. I would like to configure a windows domain and need to dynamically update DNS entries. I am nor planning a DHCP on windows side. Is there a way we can achieve thisDynamic DNS update without a windows integrated DHCP?...
  5. Dynamic DNS update without an integrated DHCP in a windows DOmain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dynamic DNS update without an integrated DHCP in a windows DOmain: I am having a network where my Networks device act as DHCP. I would like to configure a windows domain and need to dynamically update DNS entries. I am nor planning a DHCP on windows side. Is there a way we can achieve thisDynamic DNS update without a windows integrated DHCP?...
  6. DNS or DHCP error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS or DHCP error: Dear Good Samaritans My ACER laptop network suddenly stops working. The symptoms are: Only Google sites and some other sites are accessible. All others will return the error: DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN. All other mobile devices and the other Thinkpad work fine in the same...
  7. DNS Issues

DNS Issues: lost of internet connection due to DNS issues, how do I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-issues/6689bee1-7d92-49a6-91ea-710d8111c2b3
  8. Static DNS with DHCP in Windows 10

Static DNS with DHCP in Windows 10: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1909. I've just moved from Mac to Windows 10 and have really enjoyed it so far. The only small (and I do mean small) issue I'm having is the fact that I can't setup network locations the way I could on the Mac. In other words, I could setup location...
  9. Static DNS with DHCP in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Static DNS with DHCP in Windows 10: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1909. I've just moved from Mac to Windows 10 and have really enjoyed it so far. The only small (and I do mean small) issue I'm having is the fact that I can't setup network locations the way I could on the Mac. In other words, I could setup location...
  10. DNS Server Issue with Windows 10

DNS Server Issue with Windows 10: Since the May update of Window 10 internet hasn't worked on my PC. I get the following error: "Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server)" How do I fix?...