Windows 10: DHCP error 5 access denied. Unable to stop, restart, ect...

Discus and support DHCP error 5 access denied. Unable to stop, restart, ect... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to access my internet. I know the modem and cable are good because i have tested it on multiple devices. I am trying to restart my DHCP but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vv T4NG0 vV, May 29, 2020.

1. DHCP error 5 access denied. Unable to stop, restart, ect...

I am unable to access my internet. I know the modem and cable are good because i have tested it on multiple devices. I am trying to restart my DHCP but it just keeps telling me access denied. I have messed with the permissions, all the command prompt while run as administator stuff i could find. Yet nothing works. What can I do to get this working again? I was just online 2 hrs before this happened.

:)

Vv T4NG0 vV, May 29, 2020
  2. Varry_DOS Win User

Automatic IP not working unable to Restart /Stop/ DHCP Error 5:Access is Denied

Ran into this issue on my Wi Fi months back and nothing seems to be working.

So the DHCP won't work, and it won't fetch IP automatically . When I manually set it to Automatic, it reverts to Static within minutes, throwing my connection off. Have quarantined the system, run Winsock, DNS Flush, IP Reset, DNS
    reset and every other troubleshooting cmd on loop. Nothing is really sticking. Have tried muting firewalls and even manufacturing a DHCP reset on Services but it won't let me reset / stop DHCP; instead it'd pop up the error:

Error 5: Access Denied Windows Could Not Stop the DHCP client.

I added NETWORKSERVICE Full Control permissions here :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dhcp

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TcpIp

Not working still.

What's missing?

Varry_DOS, May 29, 2020
  3. agmz30 Win User
    DHCP will not start . Error 5.

Have not been able to get automatic IP on LAN because DHCP won't start .
    The error message when trying to restart DHCP is :
    "Windows was unable to restart DHCP Client service . Error 5 : Access Denied."
    I am able to connect to the internet with a static IP .
    I have no restoration points on my computer .

This is what I have tried so far -->

The usual commands :

• ipconfig /flushdns
    • netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
    • netsh winsock reset catalog
    • netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    • netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
    • netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    • ipconfig / release
    • ipconfig /renew

I have , of course , contacted my ISP and they have found nothing wrong on their side (or in the router) .

I have also uninstalled / reinstalled my network adaptor .

Have also tried modifying the registry by assigning permissions at :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DHCP\

Now digging deeper , I set the command :
    CMD /K SC QC DHCP

This was what I got (note the system is in Spanish) :
    TIPO_INICIO : 2 AUTO_START
    CONTROL_ERROR : 1 NORMAL
    NOMBRE_RUTA_BINARIO : C:\Windows\system32\svchlst.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
    GRUPO_ORDEN_CARGA : TDI
    ETIQUETA : 0
    NOMBRE_MOSTRAR : Cliente DHCP
    DEPENDENCIAS : MSI
    TDX
    AFD
    NOMBRE_INICIO_SERVICIO : NT Authority\LocalService

Any ideas? ,
    Thanks .

agmz30, May 29, 2020
  4. NNacho Win User

DHCP error 5 access denied. Unable to stop, restart, ect...

Unable to restart dhcp client

Hi,

I know there are some post about the same subject but any of the solutions provided have work for me so I'm looking for help for this problem that has taken all the day.

Originally the problem started with a light cut (I think) at the office and all the laptops have internet except for me (I'm the only one with a desktop and not wireless). Windows Network Diagnostics shows "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration".

I have tried to renew my IP using the release and renew commands but the an error emails shows up "Ethernet : unable to contact your DHCP server".

After this I've tried to restart the DHCP server but another error appear "Error 5: Access is Denied". To go through this I've modify the permissions on the DHCP and TCPIP folders but it hasn't
    worked.

I don't know what more to try and I've lost all the day at the office trying to fix it.

Thanks for the help.

NNacho, May 29, 2020
Thema:

DHCP error 5 access denied. Unable to stop, restart, ect...

1. DHCP error 5 access denied. Unable to stop, restart, ect... - Similar Threads - DHCP error access

2. Unable to restart DHCP error 5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to restart DHCP error 5: The ethernet I am connected o in my institution has stopped working. When diagnosed, it just says the IP configuration is invalid. I have gotten in touch with the IT department and they said everything is good on their end and the only thing they can suggest is if I restarted...
  3. Error 5 Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 5 Access is denied: Hello,First of all I do not speak very well English but I will try to describe my issue as best as I can.I use Razer Synapse. I bought a new PC with Win 10 and Synapse was working like for 2 days and all of sudden the software has stopped working. I tried to fix it and I even...
  4. Error 5 Access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 5 Access is denied: Hello,First of all I do not speak very well English but I will try to describe my issue as best as I can.I use Razer Synapse. I bought a new PC with Win 10 and Synapse was working like for 2 days and all of sudden the software has stopped working. I tried to fix it and I even...
  5. Error 5 Access is denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Error 5: Access Denied: Setup unable to create the directory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error 5: Access Denied: Setup unable to create the directory: Repost of https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-5-access-denied-setup-unable-to-create-the/e9e9ad9b-9a81-4a99-962e-3e5f0708a855 which is lockedTrying to run pip3 install --upgrade --force-reinstall --no-cache-dir jupyter --user ERROR: Could not install...
  7. ipconfig /renew returns Unable to Contact DHCP Server. DHCP Access Denied. A million errors...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ipconfig /renew returns Unable to Contact DHCP Server. DHCP Access Denied. A million errors...: Hello I've recently changed ISPs and my ISP is telling me that everything is configured in their end but I still have Unidentified Network and running a diagnose says "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". To solve this I found online that maybe running ipconfig...
  8. error 5 access is denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error 5 access is denied: I've been getting error 5 access is denied when Installing any app on Windows, How do I fix this? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-5-access-is-denied/3b2b1eb0-ae78-491c-8f7c-4673ae9b18fa
  9. access denied error 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    access denied error 5: I can't download and install Lenovo h50-50 updates nor drivers, a note with denied access and error 5 is dispayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-error-5/f89f5fc4-2a48-4119-8509-789e01585056
  10. System error 5 Access denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    System error 5 Access denied: Hello, When setting up a user account for my wife, which works fine, however I now cannot access my account which had administrator rights. I do not show up as an option. I tried using the default administer account via command prompt and I get a "system error 5" "Access...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 dhcp error 5

2. dhcp error 5 access is denied

3. dhcp error 5 access is denied could not stop

4. error 5 stop dhcp service,
  5. windows 10 dhcp client error 5 access denied,
  6. unable to stop dhcp server error 5