Windows 10: DHCP Ip assignment Latency

Discus and support DHCP Ip assignment Latency in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HiI seem to have an issue with IP assignment latency. We just upgraded all our pc to faster SSD based laptop. and just really noticed it. Here is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by saborbas, Jul 2, 2021.

1. saborbas Win User

DHCP Ip assignment Latency

HiI seem to have an issue with IP assignment latency. We just upgraded all our pc to faster SSD based laptop. and just really noticed it. Here is the situation. Cold boot the laptop to Domain login prompt. At this point the Wired or wireless NIC says network not found. if we wait for about 2minutes a network is found and IP is assigned. If I login immediately, a cached login is used and my login script fails to load. after about 90 seconds the Ip is assigned and i have to re login for the login script to be correctly executed. Warm boots work as normal. This does not seem to be a dhcp issue.

:)

saborbas, Jul 2, 2021
  2. bencrutz Win User

Assigning Static IP Address Range in a Router

yep, pretty much all.

for point #2 if you are having difficulty binding static IP in the router, it is ok to set static IP in the camera instead - just make sure you take a note on which IP is which camera so that you wouldnt put the wrong IP in the port forwarding.

am not sure what you meant. you don't need ddns to access the camera locally (from inside your LAN) *Confused DHCP Ip assignment Latency :confused:

bencrutz, Jul 2, 2021
  3. Finding IP address

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to find printer’s IP address:

1. Type Devices and Printers in the Windows search bar.
    2. Select on the printer and click on
      Manage.
    3. Click on the Ports tab.
      You will be able to find printer’s IP address under the ‘Ports’ tab.

Few printers also have a “Test print” option on the printer. When you print a test page from network printer, the page shows the IP address along with other details.

Note: If it is set on DHCP mode the IP address will constantly change.
    The IP address is assigned automatically by your router using a protocol called DHCP.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 2, 2021
  4. Steevo Win User

Assigning Static IP Address Range in a Router

Shorten your DHCP range and use an address outside that range, it will still ARP the IP and add it to the table, but never allocate the IP from the open pool.

So

DHCP range 192.168.0.1-150

Static IP's begin and are assigned to devices at 192.168.0.151

Simple.

Steevo, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

1. DHCP Ip assignment Latency - Similar Threads - DHCP assignment Latency

2. A question about DHCP and static IP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A question about DHCP and static IP: Hello,In a local network that computers get IP addresses from a DHCP server, if someone set a static IP on his\her network adapter, then is it possible for the DHCP server to give the IP address that this user manually set on his network card to another computer?Thank you....
  3. A question about DHCP and static IP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A question about DHCP and static IP: Hello,In a local network that computers get IP addresses from a DHCP server, if someone set a static IP on his\her network adapter, then is it possible for the DHCP server to give the IP address that this user manually set on his network card to another computer?Thank you....
  4. A question about DHCP and static IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Assign static IP to a VPN user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assign static IP to a VPN user: Every time a user is using our Windows VPN to connect to the company network a new IP from a static range is taken. Because we have applications that require static IP same IP every time the user connects through the VPN how can we achieve this?...
  6. DHCP server does not assign IP and Yellow Exclamation mark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DHCP server does not assign IP and Yellow Exclamation mark: Good Day, I am experiencing a bit of a problem with my DHCP Server Windows Server 2012 R2. For some reason it is displaying yellow exclamation icons next to the server and scope tree items. When this happens, no new machines can connect to the network and automatically...
  7. DHCP server does not assign IP and Yellow Exclamation mark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DHCP server does not assign IP and Yellow Exclamation mark: Good Day, I am experiencing a bit of a problem with my DHCP Server Windows Server 2012 R2. For some reason it is displaying yellow exclamation icons next to the server and scope tree items. When this happens, no new machines can connect to the network and automatically...
  8. 2004 Update breaks 802.1x DHCP IP address assignment

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 Update breaks 802.1x DHCP IP address assignment: After the last major update, our Ethernet connection doesn't work as before when obtaining a IPv4 address assignment from our Windows 2016 DHCP server. The issue affects all our pc from different vendors. When a domain user authenticates to start a new session, he doesn't...
  9. DHCP assigned the same IP address to 2 computers (VM's)

DHCP assigned the same IP address to 2 computers (VM's): Hi folks I'm not sure how it happened but with Windows Networking -- anything seems possible -- Black Magic is easier to fathom out. I did a few "Clone discs" and used essentially on identical hardware on different machines. One machine just would not connect -- and also a...
  10. Static IP adress vs DHCP

Static IP adress vs DHCP: Hi I've just updated a W7 machine to W10. The update has take all the settings from W7 and the machine was operating without problem before the update. When running W7 the machine had a static IP address of 192.168.1.1 and all of the other machines could access the...