Windows 10: DHCP is issuing proper IP config but when subnet roles there is no internet access.

Discus and support DHCP is issuing proper IP config but when subnet roles there is no internet access. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 192.168.220.0 - 192.168.222.0 /22. Only 220 subnet is receiving internet access.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelGodwin, Aug 12, 2021.

1. DHCP is issuing proper IP config but when subnet roles there is no internet access.

192.168.220.0 - 192.168.222.0 /22. Only 220 subnet is receiving internet access.

:)

MichaelGodwin, Aug 12, 2021
  2. Karen Her Win User

Connected to router, but no internet access

Thank you for keeping us posted. What we can suggest now is for you to uninstall and reinstall the driver in compatibility mode. You can refer to this
    link
    on how to do it.

If you’re still having the same issue, we recommend you to check your Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) settings. If it’s set to automatic, we suggest that you change it to manual. If it’s set to manual, change it to automatic.

To enable DHCP or change other TCP/IP settings, you can follow the steps below:

• Press the Start button, then select Settings.
    • Go to Network & Internet, and choose Wi-fi.
    • Select Manage known networks, choose the network you want to change the settings for, and select
      Properties.
    • Under IP assignment, select Edit.
    • Under Edit IP settings, change to either Automatic(DHCP) or
      Manual.
      • When you select Automatic (DHCP), the IP address settings and DNS server address setting are set automatically by your router or other access point (recommended).
      • When you select Manual, you can manually set your IP address settings and DNS server address.
        • For IPv4 settings:
          • Under Edit IP settings, choose Manual, then turn on
            IPv4.
          • To specify an IP address, in the IP address, Subnet prefix length, and
            Gateway boxes, type the IP address settings.
          • To specify a DNS server address, in the Preferred DNS and
            Alternate DNS boxes, type the addresses of the primary and secondary DNS servers.
        • For IPv6 settings:
          • Under Edit IP settings, choose Manual, then turn on
            IPv6.
          • To specify an IP address, in the IP address, Subnet prefix length, and
            Gateway boxes, type the IP address settings.
          • To specify a DNS server address, in the Preferred DNS and
            Alternate DNS boxes, type the addresses of the primary and secondary DNS servers.
    • Select Save.

Karen Her, Aug 12, 2021
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    DHCP on a static IP Network

Hi Jo,

Some types of servers need a designated IP address and subnet mask upon setup, which includes DHCP servers, DNS servers, or any other server that provides access to the Internet. If you are connected to a domain, then we suggest referring to this article
    we've found from our TechNet forum on
    how to configure DHCP server static IP address

If you still need further assistance, you can also post directly here on our
    Microsoft TechNet Windows 10 Networking Forum
    so our IT Professional can give additional solutions to help resolve the
    issue.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Aug 12, 2021
  4. brainiii Win User

DHCP is issuing proper IP config but when subnet roles there is no internet access.

IP camera issue with wireless Access Point

well I connected the second router as you said, indeed it stayed on the same subnet, but wouldn't give ip address to the camera, not in router or in AP mode.
    However, I managed to solve the problem even with 2 subnets.
    On the primary router, I port forwaded port 80 to the ip address of the secondary router.
    On the secondary router, I port forwaded port 80 to the ip address of the ip camera.

Now I can access the ip camera from the mobile app AND from any pc/browser externally.

solved, thanks for the suggestions

brainiii, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

DHCP is issuing proper IP config but when subnet roles there is no internet access.

1. DHCP is issuing proper IP config but when subnet roles there is no internet access. - Similar Threads - DHCP issuing proper

2. IP subnets for Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IP subnets for Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter: what is IP subnets for Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-subnets-for-microsoft-wireless-display-adapter/d01ef12e-de85-4501-a317-048cdac978be
  3. Internet Ip Config

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Ip Config: After changing ip address on a computer to match with another computer on the internet by mistake, computer connects to wifi but cannot access internet. Trying to reset ip address causes media disconnected issue. How can I reset the ip for internet access?...
  4. Internet Ip Config

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Ip Config: After changing ip address on a computer to match with another computer on the internet by mistake, computer connects to wifi but cannot access internet. Trying to reset ip address causes media disconnected issue. How can I reset the ip for internet access?...
  5. Internet Ip Config

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. There is no Internet access, but the Internet is working properly.

There is no Internet access, but the Internet is working properly.: Since the last update of Windows 10 version 21H1, Internet shows connected but applications and browser do not show Internet access trying to connect while there is no Internet problem, I tried to reset my router but the problem remains the same. This problem only shows on...
  7. DHCP Ip assignment Latency

DHCP Ip assignment Latency: HiI seem to have an issue with IP assignment latency. We just upgraded all our pc to faster SSD based laptop. and just really noticed it. Here is the situation. Cold boot the laptop to Domain login prompt. At this point the Wired or wireless NIC says network not found. if we...
  8. subnet mask & ip address

subnet mask & ip address: how do I find the subnet mask and ip address on my Asus Router https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/subnet-mask-ip-address/678967c4-3fdb-414f-8ac7-524901c78ac3
  9. Multiple NICs 3, static IP's, subnet access problem

Multiple NICs 3, static IP's, subnet access problem: I have 3 NIC's on two different computers completely different hardware/NICs Both have the same problem. NIC1. 'Main Ethernet' - connected to ethernet and other computers via switch - static IP, subnet 192.168.1.* NIC2. 'Cameras Ethernet' - connect to IP cameras -...
  10. IP Config problem

IP Config problem: Hi all I've gotten about 15 service calls recently with no internet access. I find the Task Bar Internet icon has a yellow triangle. It shows an IP Configuration error. I can fix them by using my Network Adapter repair tool. The problem seems to happen to both Wifi and...