Windows 10: DHCP lease expiring every hour

Discus and support DHCP lease expiring every hour in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have run the course with our ISP, and nothing seems to be wrong with our computers. The same thing is happening on multiple computers in our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EvilPurrrKitty, Jun 19, 2019.

1. DHCP lease expiring every hour

I have run the course with our ISP, and nothing seems to be wrong with our computers. The same thing is happening on multiple computers in our household, all wired directly into the modem. We are only getting a one hour DHCP lease, and our internet provider insists it's not their issue. After reading a post about a windows update that was released in April (about the time my problems started) it made me wonder if this could be the issue. Alas, when checking if I had the particular update in question via https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-quickly/c9d45638-d14a-408a-b900-f92f916183a2 this post, I found that I DO NOT have this update, but I'm having the EXACT issue on multiple PCs. Two of our PCs are on Windows 10, and one that is having the issue is on Windows 8.1. Please please please someone help me understand what could be causing this issue.

DHCP lease expiring every hour db3a3a37-2b49-4142-9873-6ea7b97eaf99?upload=true.jpg

:)

EvilPurrrKitty, Jun 19, 2019

2. DHCP lease expiring every hour

I'd be looking at your own modem.... since that device is acting as the DHCP server for your home network. It's typically the DHCP server (the modem) that determines the lease time.... the DHCP Clients (the PCs) don't really control the lease time.

I'd recommend that you consult the modem's webpage to see how you can control the DHCP options

BTW: Why is this a big deal.... I can't image that a short lease would be causing you any issues...

well, what happens is, every hour when the lease expires, my internet connection drops for a short 3-6 second window. I agree this shouldn't be much of a problem, but when you're in a gaming household and that connection drops for even a second, we all get
    kicked off our game/discord/skype etc. The modem was provided to us by our ISP, and they came out and replaced it, but we are still having the same issue, and because it was provided by them I have absolutely 0 control over any settings that will help us.
    So, you've helped me at least feel like I'm not crazy and it's most likely an issue with their service.

EvilPurrrKitty, Jun 26, 2019
  3. graye Win User
    DHCP lease expiring every hour

I'd be looking at your own modem.... since that device is acting as the DHCP server for your home network. It's typically the DHCP server (the modem) that determines the lease time.... the DHCP Clients (the PCs) don't really control the lease time.

I'd recommend that you consult the modem's webpage to see how you can control the DHCP options

BTW: Why is this a big deal.... I can't image that a short lease would be causing you any issues...

graye, Jun 26, 2019
  4. DHCP lease expiring every hour

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-19, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

DHCP lease expiring every hour

1. DHCP lease expiring every hour - Similar Threads - DHCP lease expiring

2. The DHCP scope lease duration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The DHCP scope lease duration: The DHCP scope lease duration is 8 days but the device lease expires every 30 minutes. I can't figure out why this is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dhcp-scope-lease-duration/1d5574e8-df11-44c6-96af-dd78250ec884
  3. The DHCP scope lease duration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The DHCP scope lease duration: The DHCP scope lease duration is 8 days but the device lease expires every 30 minutes. I can't figure out why this is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dhcp-scope-lease-duration/1d5574e8-df11-44c6-96af-dd78250ec884
  4. The DHCP scope lease duration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. The lease expires for an hour and is not updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The lease expires for an hour and is not updated: After the last update, there was a problem that when the Internet is connected from the phone to the computer, the lease period is set for an hour and after that you need to switch the Internet on the phone again check the box here and there. Phone on 13 android samsung a23....
  6. The lease expires for an hour and is not updated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The lease expires for an hour and is not updated: After the last update, there was a problem that when the Internet is connected from the phone to the computer, the lease period is set for an hour and after that you need to switch the Internet on the phone again check the box here and there. Phone on 13 android samsung a23....
  7. The lease expires for an hour and is not updated

8. Dhcp expires every hour and resets the whole router every time

Dhcp expires every hour and resets the whole router every time: I have a netgear r7350 and the lease time is one hour and when it expires my internet restarts every hour. Can anyone help? I can't seem to find a way to change the time. Thank you!!!!...
  9. DHCP lease time

DHCP lease time: What is the best DHCP lease time ? I stick to the default setting which is 120 minutes. And what yours ? 177138
  10. How to remove internet lease? Like Lease Expires, Lease Obtained.

How to remove internet lease? Like Lease Expires, Lease Obtained.: I've been having this issue for the past 2-3 years, thinking it was something wrong with my Proxy configuration, ip. The issues I though was the problem are like, "Windows could not automatically detect network's proxy settings", "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows DHCP VPN leases expire every hour

2. win 2019 DHCP lease

3. dhcp lease expiring in one hour