Windows 10: DHCP/Network Problem Since KB4497165 Update on 7/11/2020. I can only access a few websites...

Discus and support DHCP/Network Problem Since KB4497165 Update on 7/11/2020. I can only access a few websites... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm having the strangest issue with my PC. I built the machine 4 years ago with the following specs: Core i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz; 16gb Ram @ 3200mhz;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/milfordcubicle, Jul 15, 2020.

1. DHCP/Network Problem Since KB4497165 Update on 7/11/2020. I can only access a few websites...

I'm having the strangest issue with my PC. I built the machine 4 years ago with the following specs:

Core i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz;

16gb Ram @ 3200mhz;

GeForce GTX 1070

MSI Z170A SLI Plus MB

Windows 10 Pro x64, Version 1903, Build 18362.900

On July 11 Windows installed "2020-01 Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4497165)" among a few other updates for Office, Edge, etc. and since then I have been having networking problems. Computer is otherwise very stable and has no history of any network issues.

I'm connected to a reliable Comcast Business network with a wired connection from my integrated wired NIC on the MB directly to a Comcast Business CBR-T router/modem running DHCP. The problem I am having is that I cannot connect to most websites or servers, the only exceptions being Facebook, Yahoo, any Google service including Gmail via Outlook, and Wikipedia, among a few others. Those websites work perfectly through and through. It’s weird. I have tried connecting to the same network through my wired NIC and through a USB wireless NIC and the results are the same, though if I use the wireless NIC to connect to my AT&T mobile hotspot I cannot replicate the issue; everything works fine. No other machine on the Comcast Business network is having this problem. I have tried all of the following and the problem persists:

-Cleared internet cache;

-Deleted temporary files;

-Flushed DNS;

-Tried different browsers;

-Tried both wired and wireless connections to Comcast network, as described above;

-Reboot everything;

-Restored factory settings to Comcast router;

-Called Comcast and had them run remote diagnostics on router and network;

-Had Comcast come out and replace the router with a brand new one;

-Reset TCP/IP settings;

-Tried OpenDNS and Google DNS servers instead of Comcast’s default;

-Disabled Windows Defender firewalls (I don’t have any other firewalls I am aware of)

The ONLY thing that will get the connection to work with all websites/servers is to run ipconfig /release and /renew commands, which will allow temporary access to any website but that will only last about 1-2 minutes before the problem comes back. I essentially have to keep releasing and renewing to get any kind of connection. DHCP always assigns the same exact local IP to my machine.

Any ideas? It is definitely an issue with my PC and I don’t think it is a hardware (NIC) issue because I can connect without issue to an AT&T mobile hotspot network (and the problem is replicated whether I’m connected to Comcast through my wired NIC and separate wireless NIC).

submitted by /u/milfordcubicle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/milfordcubicle, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

Problem accessing some websites with Internet Explorer 11 and Edge

Hi John,

There are several possible reasons why you are having issues with accessing website using Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10. It can be because of changes made or corrupted system files.

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to access websites using Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edge? Can you send a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your reply so we can find the best solution for you.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Nokia E61 DHCP Problems

Dear all,

since 3 weeks I am an happy owner of a beautiful nokia e61.

However there is something wrong with DHCP on WLAN networks.

When I leave DHCP on (automatic ip addressing) on a WIFI profile, I get a connection timeout error. If, on the same profile, I set a manual address, everything works just fine (SIP, Web Browsing, Email ecc).

I discovered that issue with several WIFI connections that I can access without problems using laptop (in dhcp mode). The only way to connect to that networks using E61 is set a manual IP.

I even tried with my own wifi access point setting an infrastructure connection, with no security, ssid broadcasting and with dhcp enabled... always the same problem: with dhcp on E61 -> timeout, without dchp on E61 -> perfect

Any suggestions are really appreciated

Regards

Matteo

gedma---01, Jul 15, 2020
  4. DHCP/Network Problem Since KB4497165 Update on 7/11/2020. I can only access a few websites...

Why can I only open a few select websites?

I have an Asus laptop with the latest update of windows 10 installed

When I open a web browser I am only able to access a few websites despite being connected to the network. Programs that need internet connection asides from my browser wont run properly either.

After doing a bit of research I figured out it has something to do with my computer only acessing websites with IPv6 and not IPv4. I'm still not sure how to fix the issue or what steps to take from here.

So far this has only happened with one other device in our household. The only difference we could find between the computers that have this problem and those that don't is that the two effected computers are unable to connect to our alternate wireless 5g
    network. It doesn't even appear as an option when searching for available networks.

This has been going on for several months. Every so often it will return to normal and be fine for a few days, but the problem never fully disappears.

Any help or feedback is greatly appreciated!

CujoChulain, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

DHCP/Network Problem Since KB4497165 Update on 7/11/2020. I can only access a few websites...

1. DHCP/Network Problem Since KB4497165 Update on 7/11/2020. I can only access a few websites... - Similar Threads - DHCP Network Problem

2. I can't access quite a few websites

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't access quite a few websites: My old job is still blocking me since I gave them access to my desktop and laptop. I just get "This site is blocked due to content filtering". How can I disable this permission? This are my computers and should not have any restrictions any longer. Please help...
  3. I can't access quite a few websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access quite a few websites: My old job is still blocking me since I gave them access to my desktop and laptop. I just get "This site is blocked due to content filtering". How can I disable this permission? This are my computers and should not have any restrictions any longer. Please help...
  4. I can't access quite a few websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Printing Issues since update on 7/17/2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printing Issues since update on 7/17/2020: I go to the Daily Jumble page every morning under Play Jumble. Since the update, when trying to print the entire puzzle page, it will not allow the actual colored puzzle part to print....
  6. Update or Hide KB4497165?

Update or Hide KB4497165?: Hello, Could you advise whether it is best to hide or download the update KB4497165. I have a Samsung Notebook 7 Spin 15.6 AMD Ryzen laptop with Windows 10 version 1909 fairly new and I am unsure if I must download or hide the KB4497165. Thanks,...
  7. Windows Update KB4497165

Windows Update KB4497165: I have an old Intel processo i3-2350M 2.3Ghz that works great on my Windows 10 Toshiba Satellite P745-S4102, but bI didn't see it on the list of processors for KB4497165. If indeed this update is not intended for my i3 processor, should I not update it? I have paused the...
  8. KB4497165 update Jan 2020 Rec'vd May 2020

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    KB4497165 update Jan 2020 Rec'vd May 2020: Hello, I just received this update automatically and determined that there is a performance hit to both single and multi core 6-10%. Is this update related to the Spectre and Meltdown or Zombieload exploits? Its disappointing since it came out January, but only got now in...
  9. Optional Update KB4497165

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Optional Update KB4497165: Hello Forum, My HP laptop is running Win 10 Pro x64 version 10.0.18363 build 18363 with Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 2304 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) My Internet Security program, ESET Smart Security, gives an indication when Win 10...
  10. Problems with DHCP and one specific network, only on my PC.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with DHCP and one specific network, only on my PC.: Hi all, I've got a really weird problem and I can't figure out what is causing it. At my home I have powerline wi-fi hotspots made by TP-Link. They work fine except on my laptop. Whenever I connect it says "Connected, no Internet", even though my phone is able to access the...
  1. GHacks
Tags: