Windows 10: DHCP Off Causing Lack of Internet Access At Computer Startup

Discus and support DHCP Off Causing Lack of Internet Access At Computer Startup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I turn on my computer, I notice that it has no internet access. Running the Network Troubleshooter shows that it's because DHCP is off. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OsmanZakir, Feb 15, 2019.

1. DHCP Off Causing Lack of Internet Access At Computer Startup

Whenever I turn on my computer, I notice that it has no internet access. Running the Network Troubleshooter shows that it's because DHCP is off. I have a reason why I want to use a static IP address, though, so this is a problem for me. Whenever I switch to manual IP settings without actually turning DHCP off myself, I still get the same problem and the reason is always "DHCP is off for 'Wi-Fi'". I'm using Windows 10 Home Single Language, version 1803 Build 17134.590. What can I do to fix this?

:)

OsmanZakir, Feb 15, 2019
  2. Anna Bol Win User

Internet connection causes computer to loose power.

Hello Cliff,

An outdated network adapter can be one possible reason for this.
    To isolate the issue, kindly provide us these details:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • How are you connected to the internet? Is it via Ethernet cable or is it wirelessly connected?
    • Have you installed the latest Windows updates?

To help us diagnose the cause of this error, we would suggest that you follow these steps:

Step 1: Boot into safe mode and check if the issue persists

Safe mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services. To boot into safe mode, kindly follow the steps on this link.

Step 2: If issue does not persist in safe mode, we suggest you to place the computer in clean boot and check which third party application driver is causing the issue.

Follow the steps on this link to
    perform a clean boot.

Note: After troubleshooting, make sure to set the computer to start as usual as mentioned in Step 7 in the above KB article.

We’ll keep an eye out for your response.

Anna Bol, Feb 15, 2019
  3. WinServ2003 Internet Access

Well, how I think it is working is my cable modem is assigning IP and DNS information to my router. My router is then acting as a DHCP server and assigning everything to computers on my network. The computer I'm trying to set up as a server isn't configured as a DHCP server, all I'm really wanting to have it do at the moment is be a file server and maybe do some folding.

I haven't tried, but right now I don't think It is even connecting to my network. It is assigning itself some funky IP that is not the standard 192.168.1.x that everything else on my network gets. I can't even access my router using the computer at the moment, but I can access it using my main rig.

I haven't tried to implement your suggestions yet though. So I'll have to wait and see what happens.

Thermopylae_480, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

DHCP Off Causing Lack of Internet Access At Computer Startup

The DHCP Server service terminated without a valid clue

Hi Chhetri Suman,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol): Every device on TCP/IP needs unique IP address to access the network. DHCP controls the allotment of IP addresses. However, if
    you can access internet, DHCP should work fine. But if there is some issue with the internet, you can follow these steps and resolve the DHCP error.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Control and hit enter.
    3. Click on Network and internet > click on Change adapter settings
      on the left pane.

DHCP Off Causing Lack of Internet Access At Computer Startup 09619031-1f13-4ca0-a6dd-259b95a37c89?upload=true.png

4. Right click on the Ethernet connection you are using and select properties.

5. Select Internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPV4) and click on properties.

6. Check the following radio boxes:

• Obtain an IP address automatically
    • Obtain DNS server address automatically

DHCP Off Causing Lack of Internet Access At Computer Startup 234a8777-d812-4c80-9703-8d6b427e49d2?upload=true.jpg

7. Now windows 10 will retrieve the IP address automatically.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

DHCP Off Causing Lack of Internet Access At Computer Startup

1. DHCP Off Causing Lack of Internet Access At Computer Startup - Similar Threads - DHCP Off Causing

2. No Internet on my DC/DHCP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Internet on my DC/DHCP: All my workstation computers in my office domain have internet but the DC/DHCP server does not have internet. There is a yellow sign on the network adapter. The DC/DHCP server is configured on static IP....
  3. No Internet on my DC/DHCP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Internet on my DC/DHCP: All my workstation computers in my office domain have internet but the DC/DHCP server does not have internet. There is a yellow sign on the network adapter. The DC/DHCP server is configured on static IP....
  4. No Internet on my DC/DHCP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Clients in domain couldn't access internet after assigning by DHCP server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clients in domain couldn't access internet after assigning by DHCP server: I wonder why the client PC which is joined to DC after assigning IP Address from DHCP couldn't access the internet. Please find the below following for my labs:1- On Domain controller Windows Server 2019, with DNS & AD installed and IP Address is 192.168.10.102- On DHCP...
  6. Clients in domain couldn't access internet after assigning by DHCP server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clients in domain couldn't access internet after assigning by DHCP server: I wonder why the client PC which is joined to DC after assigning IP Address from DHCP couldn't access the internet. Please find the below following for my labs:1- On Domain controller Windows Server 2019, with DNS & AD installed and IP Address is 192.168.10.102- On DHCP...
  7. Clients in domain couldn't access internet after assigning by DHCP server

8. Lack of data access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lack of data access: Hi everyone! Couple of days ago I installed this new vpn on my p.c from an unofficial site. After some minutes I realized I can't open Google Chrome, or any of my applications, photos, and videos. Also I'm logged out of Skype involuntary. Seems like all my information is...
  9. lack of access to Admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    lack of access to Admin: RE: Windows 10 I need to uninstall a printer that has suddenly quit working and as suddenly, I get an error 'I get 'protected by system administrator' when I attempt to uninstall this printer so I can re-install so I can correct the printer problem. When I search for...
  10. No internet access on startup

No internet access on startup: Network status will show "no internet access" with the yellow triangle icon. I have tried connecting to two different networks with the same issue. Related to this is that Microsoft Edge is stuck in a white screen until I gain access to the internet. I already tried...