Windows 10: DHCP server

Discus and support DHCP server in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ik ben al een poosje op zoek naar een DHCP server, hoe kom ik daaraan? En welke kan ik veilig downloaden of staat hij al op Windows10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by karelsepetersen, Jan 28, 2021.

1. DHCP server

Ik ben al een poosje op zoek naar een DHCP server, hoe kom ik daaraan?

En welke kan ik veilig downloaden of staat hij al op Windows10?

:)

karelsepetersen, Jan 28, 2021

2. How to configure radius for DHCP Server in windows server 2012?

I am trying to configure radius with dhcp.Already installed a dhcp server in windows server 2012. Does dhcp is required to be authorized .For now,it is not authorized.Also,installed NPS role in another server 2012. How to configure radius for dhcp?

Please guide with the detailed steps.

DollyKriti, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    The DHCP Server service terminated without a valid clue

Hi Chhetri Suman,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol): Every device on TCP/IP needs unique IP address to access the network. DHCP controls the allotment of IP addresses. However, if
    you can access internet, DHCP should work fine. But if there is some issue with the internet, you can follow these steps and resolve the DHCP error.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Control and hit enter.
    3. Click on Network and internet > click on Change adapter settings
      on the left pane.

DHCP server 09619031-1f13-4ca0-a6dd-259b95a37c89?upload=true.png

4. Right click on the Ethernet connection you are using and select properties.

5. Select Internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPV4) and click on properties.

6. Check the following radio boxes:

• Obtain an IP address automatically
    • Obtain DNS server address automatically

DHCP server 234a8777-d812-4c80-9703-8d6b427e49d2?upload=true.jpg

7. Now windows 10 will retrieve the IP address automatically.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

DHCP server

Communicating with the DNS server

Since you got the error "unable to contact your DHCP server", this could be due to a disabled DHCP client. We suggest following these steps to enable it:

• Click Start.
    • Type services.msc and press
      Enter.
    • Find DHCP Client from the list of services and check the status.
    • If DHCP Client isn't running, right-click it and choose
      Start.
    • The DHCP Client Startup type should be
      Automatic. If it's not, double-click it, choose Automatic.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.

Check if you can use the ipconfig /renew command after enabling the DHCP Client. If you're still unable to connect to the Internet after this, we recommend uninstalling your network
    adapter driver by following these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and choose Device manager.
    • Click the arrow beside Network adapters and double-click your network adapter.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall device.
    • Restart your computer. This will prompt Windows to automatically reinstall the correct driver.

Let us know what happens after enabling the DHCP Client and reinstalling the network adapter driver.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

DHCP server

1. DHCP server - Similar Threads - DHCP server

2. Can’t connect to DHCP server?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t connect to DHCP server?: Hello. I hope you all are well.I own an HP Envy x360 with Windows 11. No Ethernet cable port so purely wireless.For the past week I have been unable to stay connected to the internet. The errors I’ve been getting is “Can’t reach DHCP server” or “Can’t reach default gateway”....
  3. Can’t connect to DHCP server?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t connect to DHCP server?: Hello. I hope you all are well.I own an HP Envy x360 with Windows 11. No Ethernet cable port so purely wireless.For the past week I have been unable to stay connected to the internet. The errors I’ve been getting is “Can’t reach DHCP server” or “Can’t reach default gateway”....
  4. can't reach DHCP server after a bulding blackout?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't reach DHCP server after a bulding blackout?!: Hello.After a blackout that shut down the modem, my Dell Inspiron 15 from 2021 just cannot connect to the internet. It connects to the modem, but it does not connect to the internet. The troubleshoot says that the DHCP server cannot be reached.I have tried resetting the wifi...
  5. can't reach DHCP server after a bulding blackout?!

can't reach DHCP server after a bulding blackout?!: Hello.After a blackout that shut down the modem, my Dell Inspiron 15 from 2021 just cannot connect to the internet. It connects to the modem, but it does not connect to the internet. The troubleshoot says that the DHCP server cannot be reached.I have tried resetting the wifi...
  6. how to move new device in my network to deny filter in dhcp server automatically

how to move new device in my network to deny filter in dhcp server automatically: hi , i Have Win 2019 server , and i install AD, DNS,DHCP in Same Sever so ,i need to move new device in my network to deny filter in dhcp server automatically, Due I dont need any one to connect to my network without my approval ....
  7. how to move new device in my network to deny filter in dhcp server automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to move new device in my network to deny filter in dhcp server automatically: hi , i Have Win 2019 server , and i install AD, DNS,DHCP in Same Sever so ,i need to move new device in my network to deny filter in dhcp server automatically, Due I dont need any one to connect to my network without my approval ....
  8. Cannot reach the DHCP server.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reach the DHCP server.: I have tried restarting the network adaptor, modem and PC. Other devices connects to my wifi except my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-reach-the-dhcp-server/fc7113ae-1299-4266-bef6-c15546f1032a
  9. Cannot reach the DHCP server.

Cannot reach the DHCP server.: I have tried restarting the network adaptor, modem and PC. Other devices connects to my wifi except my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-reach-the-dhcp-server/fc7113ae-1299-4266-bef6-c15546f1032a
  10. Error 0x2741: can't renew address on network DHCP server

Error 0x2741: can't renew address on network DHCP server: My computer is sporadically hanging. The screen freezes, the audio becomes random noise, and no keyboard or mouse input is recognized. I have to wait several seconds, and then everything resumes as normal. This is not a frequent problem, but occurs often enough to be really...