Windows 10: dhcp services on VM NOT UPDATED for long time

Discus and support dhcp services on VM NOT UPDATED for long time in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've got a dhcp windows server 2012 r2 VM installed on windows server 2019 standard is not updated from 03-2018what should i do ?shall I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wsus-admin, Jan 31, 2023.

1. dhcp services on VM NOT UPDATED for long time

Hello, I've got a dhcp windows server 2012 r2 VM installed on windows server 2019 standard is not updated from 03-2018what should i do ?shall I installed all updates from 03-2018 or just installed the recent release updates?Thanks

:)

wsus-admin, Jan 31, 2023
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

The DHCP Server service terminated without a valid clue

Hi Chhetri Suman,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol): Every device on TCP/IP needs unique IP address to access the network. DHCP controls the allotment of IP addresses. However, if
    you can access internet, DHCP should work fine. But if there is some issue with the internet, you can follow these steps and resolve the DHCP error.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Control and hit enter.
    3. Click on Network and internet > click on Change adapter settings
      on the left pane.

dhcp services on VM NOT UPDATED for long time 09619031-1f13-4ca0-a6dd-259b95a37c89?upload=true.png

4. Right click on the Ethernet connection you are using and select properties.

5. Select Internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPV4) and click on properties.

6. Check the following radio boxes:

• Obtain an IP address automatically
    • Obtain DNS server address automatically

dhcp services on VM NOT UPDATED for long time 234a8777-d812-4c80-9703-8d6b427e49d2?upload=true.jpg

7. Now windows 10 will retrieve the IP address automatically.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jan 31, 2023
  3. Windows 10 DHCP service configuration used by Hyper-v default virtual switch

I would like to change the configuration of the DHCP service that responds under the default switch used by the HyperV virtual machines to access the internet.

In my case the VM get the address in the range 172.24.160.0/28 and I would like to change it to 192.168.100/24 plus set a different nameserver as default to be forwarded to the VM.

The connection is working and I can get internet connection on the VM, although the nameserver is not set properly and I need to setup manually for each machine.

I tried using powershell on the host machine to get the DHCP configuration but Get-DhcpServerSetting is not recognized by the system (just through me CommandNotFoundException).

Tried searching the registry but could not get from where this IP is coming from after searching it.

My system is a Windows 10 Pro, version 1803 (updated ‎19/‎05/‎2018). VM are running Ubuntu 18, servers and desktop.

FabioLobao, Jan 31, 2023
  4. dhcp services on VM NOT UPDATED for long time

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jan 31, 2023
Thema:

dhcp services on VM NOT UPDATED for long time

1. dhcp services on VM NOT UPDATED for long time - Similar Threads - dhcp services UPDATED

2. dhcp services on VM NOT UPDATED for long time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dhcp services on VM NOT UPDATED for long time: Hello, I've got a dhcp windows server 2012 r2 VM installed on windows server 2019 standard is not updated from 03-2018what should i do ?shall I installed all updates from 03-2018 or just installed the recent release updates?Thanks...
  3. DHCP lease time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DHCP lease time: What is the best DHCP lease time ? I stick to the default setting which is 120 minutes. And what yours ? 177138
  4. Cannot stop and start the Dhcp service.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot stop and start the Dhcp service.: Hello, for something I'm working on I need to be able to stop and start the DHCP service. However, I am unable to do so because when I tried to attempt to stop the service I get "Access is denied" and "System error 5 has occurred". I do not believe the problem is because...
  5. DHCP services could not start

DHCP services could not start: I’m having internet problems. I have an ethernet cable connected to my computer, however the internet icon has dissapered from my taskbar and I dont have internet at all. I think this has to do with the DHCP services. When I try to run the DHCP services I get an error....
  6. Rogue DHCP Server is running in a VM

Rogue DHCP Server is running in a VM: I am experiencing a problem where Fing is reporting more than 1DHCP server. When I run ipconfig /all it reports that the DHCP server is 192.168.58.254 , my net is 192.168.0.x. The strange thing is that I appear not to have any VMs running (VM Worstation 15 on another machine)...
  7. Windows Update - Taking long time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - Taking long time: Today, I have got the notification that your system is downloaded and ready to update latest version... Restart is required? I have agreed and clicked the Restart button. to my surprise - it took 03 hrs 45 mins to update the latest update..... I am not happy they way it...
  8. set time via DHCP

in Windows 10 Support
    set time via DHCP: Hello, we have 1000+ non-domain joined laptops and need to set the time based on location. The laptops move between different timezones frequently and need to have the correct time based on location. Setting time automatically won't work since their internet connection could...
  9. NSI service taking a long time to start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NSI service taking a long time to start: Windows 10 Pro version 1809 build 17763.504 My computer all of a sudden is taking a long time to start up. After the BIOS logo screen, the screen goes black for as much as 20 minutes. The mouse pointer is visible and can be moved during this time. Eventually the login...
  10. Lag boot time DHCP

Lag boot time DHCP: When booting my aging laptop there is a slow down due to this; [img] [img] [img] I was hoping someone can help me solve so to increase boot time ? 75961