Windows 10: DHCP traffic get blocked after disabling "allow unicast response" windows firewall windows...

Discus and support DHCP traffic get blocked after disabling "allow unicast response" windows firewall windows... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Team, I see similar issues as mentioned in KB2344959 in windows 10 and 8.1.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tingu s nair, Jun 25, 2019.

1. DHCP traffic get blocked after disabling "allow unicast response" windows firewall windows...

Tingu s nair, Jun 25, 2019
  2. GuyOr Win User

Windows Firewall actively blocking DHCP traffic from Android WiFi tethering

Yet again windows firewall is blocking essential stuff without ever giving you a notice, making you disable it and be less secure.

This time it is the Wifi network of my Android device.

Please help me dear microsoft locate where did I ever configure that the dhcp traffic should be blocked?!

I diagnosed it as the problem cause when its on and I'm trying to connect, the wifi interface doesn't get assigned an IP, assigning it the correct IP and default gateway manually, overrides this problem but it is completely nonviable for wifi adapter where
    your default gateway's address can change...

After disabling firewall, connecting and re-enabling I can finally work, but this is unacceptable.

Microsoft fix your firewall.

edit - sorry for the weird punctuation, I dunno what is up with this editor...

GuyOr, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Arctucas Win User
    Windows Firewall blocking websites

I have blocked IP addresses, e.g. 255.255.255.255, not URLs, e.g. somewebsite.co m.

As far as unblocking, look at your Windows Firewall rules. Do you see anything that is blocked? If you do, click on the Scope tab and see what is listed there.

Arctucas, Jun 25, 2019
  4. DHCP traffic get blocked after disabling "allow unicast response" windows firewall windows...

Windows Firewall blocking websites

Windows Firewall can't block specific websites, only port numbers (HTTP uses 80 or 8080). More likely, Windows Firewall is blocking the Windows Update Service or some other critical update application and/or port number that prevents updates from happening.

As twilyth pointed out, this is abnormal and likely caused by some form of malware. If you even found a the offending rule in Windows Firewall, the malware will likely put it back to the way it was within seconds.

Does http://download.microsoft.com open for you? It should redirect a few times and end up at: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/default.aspx

Have you tried to ping download.microsoft.com? I did it a few times so you should be able to get a response off it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

DHCP traffic get blocked after disabling "allow unicast response" windows firewall windows...

1. DHCP traffic get blocked after disabling "allow unicast response" windows firewall windows... - Similar Threads - DHCP traffic blocked

2. Windows not responsive after disabling CSM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not responsive after disabling CSM: I bought a used GPU, RX 6600. After watching lots of PC related videos, they always said to turn rebar ON. But after i turn on Above 4G Decoding and then Rebar, my PC become unresponsive. It was able to boot and login into windows but when i tried to launch any app, it won't...
  3. Firewall rule(s) to allow all traffic through the firewall?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall rule(s) to allow all traffic through the firewall?: I'm tired of seeing the message that my firewall is disabled all the time. Is there a simply rule or rules that I can apply to the firewall that will allow all traffic to flow both ways? I have a hardware firewall that keeps the network safe, so the Windows firewall isn't...
  4. Block all in/out traffic except to a single IP in Windows Defender Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Block all in/out traffic except to a single IP in Windows Defender Firewall: I have a Private workgroup network with Internet enabled. On one of my PC running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, I want to block all incoming and outgoing connections both LAN/Internet except to a single PC. PC-1 has IP address 192.168.1.100 PC-2 has IP address 192.168.1.50 I want...
  5. DNS Client allowed by firewall rule, but still get blocked

DNS Client allowed by firewall rule, but still get blocked: Hi, First; I am using Binisoft/Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control as frontend for Windows Firewall. My problem is that I allowed DNS Client to local gateway with UDP on port 53, but still for some reason it is being blocked. When opening the log window in Windows...
  6. Allow local network traffic but block remote network traffic for specific program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow local network traffic but block remote network traffic for specific program: Is there a way using the Windows Firewall or another utility to block certain programs from accessing the internet but continue to allow them to communicate locally? (i.e. only on the local computer) submitted by /u/ADAMPOKE111 [link] [comments]...
  7. Can 'not' block virtualbox traffic with firewall

Can 'not' block virtualbox traffic with firewall: I am trying to configure my Windows system such I can block VirtualBox VM traffic to for example the internet but not the local network. That is I have some services on my local network that my VMs must access but I want to block all traffic outside of the local network e.g....
  8. Windows Firewall -- Blocking a program causes it to be allowed

Windows Firewall -- Blocking a program causes it to be allowed: [ATTACH] I went into my firewall settings. I set an inbound and outbound rule to block a program on all networks. It appeared to work. But when I went into the "allow applications" options, I see that my newly-created rules are there. Why is this? The only way I can remove...
  9. Windows Firewall actively blocking DHCP traffic from Android WiFi tethering

Windows Firewall actively blocking DHCP traffic from Android WiFi tethering: Yet again windows firewall is blocking essential stuff without ever giving you a notice, making you disable it and be less secure. This time it is the Wifi network of my Android device. Please help me dear microsoft locate where did I ever configure that the dhcp traffic...
  10. Windows 10 firewall allow only traffic when connected to VPN (OpenVPN)

Windows 10 firewall allow only traffic when connected to VPN (OpenVPN): How do I configure the Windows firewall to only allow internet traffic when my computer is connected to my VPN? I am using OpenVPN and I wish to apply this as a global rule or global set of rules, not only for a selected application/applications. It would though be necessary...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows firewall blocking dhcp