Windows 10: dhcp

Discus and support dhcp in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; what am i supposed to do? "dhcp lease expires july 5, 2019"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ConstantlyLearning, Jul 5, 2019.

1. dhcp

what am i supposed to do? "dhcp lease expires july 5, 2019"

:)

ConstantlyLearning, Jul 5, 2019
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

The DHCP Server service terminated without a valid clue

Hi Chhetri Suman,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol): Every device on TCP/IP needs unique IP address to access the network. DHCP controls the allotment of IP addresses. However, if
    you can access internet, DHCP should work fine. But if there is some issue with the internet, you can follow these steps and resolve the DHCP error.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Control and hit enter.
    3. Click on Network and internet > click on Change adapter settings
      on the left pane.

dhcp 09619031-1f13-4ca0-a6dd-259b95a37c89?upload=true.png

4. Right click on the Ethernet connection you are using and select properties.

5. Select Internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPV4) and click on properties.

6. Check the following radio boxes:

• Obtain an IP address automatically
    • Obtain DNS server address automatically

dhcp 234a8777-d812-4c80-9703-8d6b427e49d2?upload=true.jpg

7. Now windows 10 will retrieve the IP address automatically.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Scom DHCP super Scope monitoring

Hi All,

In SCOM we have configured our DHCP server for alert monitoring.

We have dhcp super scope available in our DHCP server. Like one SuperScope contains two scopes (scope1&scope2).

Issue is this when scope1 got full utilized like 100% scom send a alert, but there is no issue is production because clients are now taking ips from scope 2.

So suggest how we can restrict SCOM to send mail for scope 1 in this scenario.

Scom is installed on Windows server 2012 server.

Any suggestions.

nitishsingh2, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Ariel Aba Win User

dhcp

DHCP-Client IP lease denied event ID 1002

Hi farafalil,

While you wait for the suggestion of the Community members for this thread, I suggest that you post this issue on theTechNet
    Forums
    . The members there include IT professionals that can provide a more advanced recommendation on the next step to resolve your issue.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

dhcp

1. dhcp - Similar Threads - dhcp

2. How do I ensure that Windows 10 machines use DHCP assigned DNS server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I ensure that Windows 10 machines use DHCP assigned DNS server: So I had a machine acting as a server that was reachable from the internet using port forwarding, and it was reachable locally using the same address. I achieved it by setting up a DNS proxy which substituted the local IP when required. The proxy DNS server was set using DHCP...
  3. problem to request new DHCP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem to request new DHCP address: Hi,I have 14 different locations/offices in my company.Before each location was apart from each other. I had a fortigate firewall at each location, with dhcp server in the firewall.Now we changed the network and each location connect to the same firewall and DHCP server in...
  4. problem to request new DHCP address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem to request new DHCP address: Hi,I have 14 different locations/offices in my company.Before each location was apart from each other. I had a fortigate firewall at each location, with dhcp server in the firewall.Now we changed the network and each location connect to the same firewall and DHCP server in...
  5. How to fix my connect to the DHCP served

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix my connect to the DHCP served: I’m having trouble connect to the internet so I ran the troubleshooter and it saying having trouble connecting to the DHCP server I have reset my router I have don’t all the commands like ipconfig /renew and all that I have turn off Internet protocol version 6 I have...
  6. How to fix my connect to the DHCP served

How to fix my connect to the DHCP served: I’m having trouble connect to the internet so I ran the troubleshooter and it saying having trouble connecting to the DHCP server I have reset my router I have don’t all the commands like ipconfig /renew and all that I have turn off Internet protocol version 6 I have...
  7. Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client: Hello, I am asking if anyone knows this particular issue I am having concerning local IP address assignment. Basically, whenever my machine connects to WiFi, it reports as having no internet. Going into the event viewer, there are multiple logs from the dhcp client about IP...
  8. Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client

Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client: Hello, I am asking if anyone knows this particular issue I am having concerning local IP address assignment. Basically, whenever my machine connects to WiFi, it reports as having no internet. Going into the event viewer, there are multiple logs from the dhcp client about IP...
  9. Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Can’t connect to DHCP server?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t connect to DHCP server?: Hello. I hope you all are well.I own an HP Envy x360 with Windows 11. No Ethernet cable port so purely wireless.For the past week I have been unable to stay connected to the internet. The errors I’ve been getting is “Can’t reach DHCP server” or “Can’t reach default gateway”....