Windows 10: Diable Airplane Mode permanently on student computers

Discus and support Diable Airplane Mode permanently on student computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am the network administrator at a school and I have students who go into airplane mode to avoid monitoring software. Is there a way through group... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kathy_1974, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Diable Airplane Mode permanently on student computers

I am the network administrator at a school and I have students who go into airplane mode to avoid monitoring software. Is there a way through group policy to disable this for students in our school?

If not through group policy is there any other method to do this?

Thank you for your help.

:)

Kathy_1974, Sep 26, 2019

2. How to disable Airplane mode permanently on Windows 10?

Hi Hunky,

As you are facing issues with turning on or off Airplane on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

The option you are looking for to permanently disable Airplane mode is unfortunately not available.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps to disable Airplane mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: To turn off Airplane mode from Settings and check.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings
      from the left pane.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon

• Click on the Network icon in the taskbar notification area.

• Click on the Airplane mode button to toggle on or off.

Step 3: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Action Center

• Open Action Center by clicking Windows + A keys from keyboard.

• Click on the Airplane mode quick action button to toggle on or off.

If the settings are not refining, this issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files.

Step 4: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of disabling the Airplane mode for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Airplane mode permanently on

Hi,

So I have tried the suggestions and unfortunately none have worked as of yet.

1. I tried this and the airplane mode toggle is still greyed out.

2. I disabled all my network adapters, left them for around 30 mins and enabled them after restarting but airplane mode is still permanently on.

3. I had a look at this post and it seems similar to your 2nd suggestion. Tried it and it didn't work.

I should say I am using the laptop whilst writing this, using an Ethernet cable to access the internet, but I am restricted from carrying it around and using the bluetooth capabilities.

Thanks for the suggestions.

EliHaffner, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Diable Airplane Mode permanently on student computers

airplane mode

Hi Josette,

The challenge that you are experiencing with your computer's airplane mode can occur due to several reasons, such as corrupted system files. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started? When did the issue start?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.
    • Is the option to turn off airplane mode grayed out?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Diable Airplane Mode permanently on student computers

1. Diable Airplane Mode permanently on student computers - Similar Threads - Diable Airplane Mode

2. diable safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    diable safe mode: i have an acer one cloudbook14 that is in safe mode. i want to disable safe mode but my start menu wont allow typing. the cursor shows in the box but no response when I type....
  3. How to disable "Airplane Mode" permanently?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable "Airplane Mode" permanently?: On my laptop, the "Airplane Mode" key is inconveniently located right next to my backspace key, on the "Insert" key. Several times in the past few days, important SSH connections and downloads were interrupted because I accidentally clicked this key or tried to paste using...
  4. Airplane mode is permanently on (Desktop, Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Airplane mode is permanently on (Desktop, Windows 10): My airplane mode on my windows 10 desktop is permanently on. The option to turn it off in action center and taskbar is either grey or not there, the setting in the settings is not there, the fn+prtsc key combo does not work, unchecking the "allow this adapter to turn off the...
  5. Acer computer stuck in airplane mode.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Acer computer stuck in airplane mode.: I can’t get the computer out of airplane mode, so i can sign into my Windows. I’ve tried, resetting the battery and using the function key, but it is not allowing me to enter the password even when I try to restore way into the computer. Any suggestions. I don’t want to...
  6. Permanently Disabling Airplane Mode Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Permanently Disabling Airplane Mode Windows 10: I need a way to permanently disable Airplane Mode on Windows 10 Pro. This is for desktop systems that will never see the inside of a plane (at least not when powered up). I know how to turn it on and off, so please no links to the basics! I need this because my users use...
  7. Airplane mode permanently on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Airplane mode permanently on: Hi, I'm going to make this short. Airplane mode has been off for a couple of weeks now on my laptop. Software-wise, the switch in settings is permanently off and greyed out. Wifi and bluetooth are also off and when I turn them on, they jump back off. I have tried pretty...
  8. Is there a way to permanently disable Airplane mode for Windows 10?

Is there a way to permanently disable Airplane mode for Windows 10?: I have never used Airplane mode since I switched to Windows 10 and have no real plans to. Thing is, every now and again it would automatically switch itself on and off for no apparent reason, and it can be a royal pain to get Wi-fi to get started again. Is there any way to...
  9. computer in airplane mode

computer in airplane mode: stuck in airplane mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-in-airplane-mode/8ecf36f5-a59e-400d-9c41-c0b69130c073
  10. how can I permanently disable airplane mode?

how can I permanently disable airplane mode?: airplane mode keeps turning on itself and disconnecting me from the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-can-i-permanently-disable-airplane-mode/08e611d8-3682-48b9-8a28-eac3612b621b